Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 05:46 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,133,395 times

Advertisements

Hello hello hello.........this is your Friday Question thingy....coming to you LIVE from south Florida!

^^^
Well.....THAT was pretty cheesy!

~ How many slices of cheese go in or on your grilled cheese sandwich?

~ Do you have CDs (compact discs) with your digital photos on them.

~ Mrsrainroosty says to ask you: What is your favorite Christmas candy?

~ Are you a microwave master?

~ What does MM mean?

~ What does AA mean?

~ What does 3 make you think of?

~ Please tell us of an internet website that you know of......

~ What fruits, nuts or vegetables have you eaten straight off the plant/tree or whatever.

~ What toast do you like the best?

~ Tell about a snake that was outdoors that you once saw.

~ Pet and feed the friendly cow or eat the cow?

*** I am sorry that I am later than usual with the Friday interrogation but I got up at 4 a.m. to do it and had such a violent headache that I took some pain reliever and went back to bed. I do hope that I haven't inconvenienced any of you superb folks! HappyWishes for you all! Don't forget to EAT and tell! ***

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 05:49 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,987 times
Hello hello hello.........this is your Friday Question thingy....coming to you LIVE from south Florida!

^^^ Well.....THAT was pretty cheesy!

~ How many slices of cheese go in or on your grilled cheese sandwich?
Depends on how thick the slices are. If I am using off the shelf pre-sliced cheese then I usually use 3 or 4 slices. If I sliced the cheese from a block of cheese then 1 slice will be enough.

I have one or two CDs with pictures on them. Most of my pictures are still on the memory cards my camera uses.

Not exactly sure what it is called. It is a semi transparent ribbon candy in lemon and green flavors. I know...Green is not a flavor but I can not recall what the name of the flavor of the green ribbon candy.

I have created some real disasters in the microwave. For the most part, if the food requires more than just reheating then I usually use the stove.

~ What does MM mean?
For those of you that took geometry in school, do you remember on the test there would be a drawing that would be used for several questions. The drawing had lots of lines, some parallel, some meeting and some crossing. I am pretty sure 'MM' was the intersection of 2 of the lines.

For those that did not take geometry in school please disregard the above answer.

~ What does AA mean?
It means she is really flat chested.

That means I am running short of beer as in only 3 left and need to add beer to my shopping list.

A source for stinky cheese that sera told me about...igourmet.com

~ What fruits, nuts or vegetables have you eaten straight off the plant/tree or whatever.
Cherries, tomatoes, grapes, bell peppers, melons

Not a big fan of toast.

One summer I worked on a wheat harvest crew. One day I saw about a 5 foot snake slither under the bunkhouse I was staying in. It was not a rattler so I was not totally freaked out. Just mostly freaked out. One of the reasons I live in Alaska is because there are no free range snakes.

I will pet and feed the friendly cow until it is nice and plump. Then off to the slaughter house it goes.

*** I am sorry that I am later than usual with the Friday interrogation but I got up at 4 a.m. to do it and had such a violent headache that I took some pain reliever and went back to bed. I do hope that I haven't inconvenienced any of you superb folks! HappyWishes for you all! Don't forget to EAT and tell! ***

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 12-14-2012 at 06:49 AM..

Old 12-14-2012, 06:11 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,091,772 times
~ How many slices of cheese go in or on your grilled cheese sandwich? One....provolone or muenster please

~ Do you have CDs (compact discs) with your digital photos on them. Yes and some on memory sticks too

~ Mrsrainroosty says to ask you: What is your favorite Christmas candy? Caramels....and homemade toffee and homemade fudge.....and candy candy candy

~ Are you a microwave master? probably

~ What does MM mean? It means candy....you know those which "melt in your mouth and not in your hand"

~ What does AA mean? Means those batteries which fit in most of my hand held things.

~ What does 3 make you think of? The three kings of Orient are/Magi bringing gifts

~ Please tell us of an internet website that you know of...... hmmm....you might not want me to print some that I know of

~ What fruits, nuts or vegetables have you eaten straight off the plant/tree or whatever. P-cans, black walnuts, hickory nuts, turnips, tomatoes, green peppers, carrots, and probably lots more

~ What toast do you like the best? French toast

~ Tell about a snake that was outdoors that you once saw. A big black snake at our river cabin who was looking for its mate which our uncle killed and threw in the river. This big old papa snake got up on the ledge at the top of the doorsill and when the door was opened, he fell upon our heads......Oh holy crap it was terrible.

~ Pet and feed the friendly cow or eat the cow? As a farm girl, I always had 4-h cattle which were pets but the primary purpose was to groom them, show them and win prizes at local fairs and then when my cattle won ribbons, they sold for big money. So I guess you could say I always petted the cow and then ate them if they didn't win!! It did bother me some to do that....but when I won, I sure smiled at the big check!

Thanks rainroosty....Counting today, there are 11 more shopping days. Is anyone getting nervous because their shopping isn't done? I'm going to a luncheon today for what they sometimes call "older" people....but mind you I am not old....I'm young for my age. Hope all have a great day!

Old 12-14-2012, 06:30 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
~ How many slices of cheese go in or on your grilled cheese sandwich? 1 real thick slice of cheddar

~ Do you have CDs (compact discs) with your digital photos on them. No

~ Mrsrainroosty says to ask you: What is your favorite Christmas candy? Fudge

~ What does MM mean? All I can think of are a couple of our friends here on CD (when abbreviating their username)

~ What does AA mean? Battery

~ What does 3 make you think of? www (world wide web)

~ What fruits, nuts or vegetables have you eaten straight off the plant/tree or whatever. Bananas, oranges, lemons, avocado, pineapple (well they're in the ground), coconut and once before I knew better I tried to eat a coffee bean right off the bush it was nasty lol

~ Tell about a snake that was outdoors that you once saw. Strange that I've never seen one here . . . anyhoo, last snake I remember seeing was when I was pretty young and I wanted to keep it as a pet. I took it inside and my mom wasn't too pleased lol

~ Pet and feed the friendly cow or eat the cow? Both though I don't eat as much red meat as I used to.

Thanks for QOTD RR and hope you get to feeling better.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
~ How many slices of cheese go in or on your grilled cheese sandwich? 3

No.

Chocolate covered orange slices.

Pretty much, yes.

~ What does MM mean? Mickey Mouse

~ What does AA mean? Alcoholics Anon.

Shuffle once
Or shuffle twice
But never ever shuffle thrice.

Off Grid in Alaska.

Avocados, pecans, oranges, plums, apples

Jewish Rye.....lolololololol

In west Texas I started out the front door and stopped just in time to avoid stepping on a rattler.

Pet and feed.

I hope your headache is gone, RR. Have a good weekend.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 AM

7,370 posts, read 5,484,723 times
TGIF! Hope everyone has a great weekend!~ How many slices of cheese go in or on your grilled cheese sandwich? 2

~ Do you have CDs (compact discs) with your digital photos on them. no

~ Mrsrainroosty says to ask you: What is your favorite Christmas candy? homemade caramels

~ Are you a microwave master? yes

~ What does MM mean?

~ What does AA mean? alcoholics anonymous?

~ What does 3 make you think of? 3 little pigs

~ Please tell us of an internet website that you know of...... ebay

~ What fruits, nuts or vegetables have you eaten straight off the plant/tree or whatever. apple, berries

~ What toast do you like the best? lightly toasted white bread

~ Tell about a snake that was outdoors that you once saw. one was coiled up next my garage and I did not see it and it took off real fast and scared the you know what out of me!

~ Pet and feed the friendly cow or eat the cow? both

Thanks Rainroosty! I hope you feel better and have a nice day!

[/quote]

Old 12-14-2012, 06:44 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,432,474 times
Good afternoon everybody from a wet England....... better than snow.

When I make cheese on toast, I slice nice thick pieces of best strong cheddar cheese. My favourite Christmas candy is a large 5lb tin of Cadbury's Roses. I have taken lemons fresh off the tree in Spain and Greece. For my bacardi and coke...... Sadly, I eat the cow.

MM stands for Marilyn Monroe. AA for great character actor Alan Arkin.

Have a nice day everyone.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,698,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

^^^
Well.....THAT was pretty cheesy!

~ How many slices of cheese go in or on your grilled cheese sandwich? Just one

~ Do you have CDs (compact discs) with your digital photos on them. No

~ Mrsrainroosty says to ask you: What is your favorite Christmas candy? I don't really eat Christmas candy so I don't have a favorite.

~ Are you a microwave master? Not really. I just use it mainly to re-heat some things.

~ What does MM mean?Mickey Mouse,Mighty Mouse and Mr. Moose!

~ What does AA mean? Batteries

~ What does 3 make you think of? 3 of a kind.

~ Please tell us of an internet website that you know of...... Craigslist

~ What fruits, nuts or vegetables have you eaten straight off the plant/tree or whatever.Peppers,cukes,tomatoes,berries,oranges... .

~ What toast do you like the best? The kind with butter on it.

~ Tell about a snake that was outdoors that you once saw. Nothing really interesting........seen a garter snake.

~ Pet and feed the friendly cow or eat the cow? Both......trying to convince hubby we should not eat cows,pigs,chicken or fish but haven't won the battle yet....give me time...I will win in the end.

*** I am sorry that I am later than usual with the Friday interrogation but I got up at 4 a.m. to do it and had such a violent headache that I took some pain reliever and went back to bed. I do hope that I haven't inconvenienced any of you superb folks! HappyWishes for you all! Don't forget to EAT and tell! *** Sorry you woke up with such a bad headache..are you feeling better now?

Have a good day everyone.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,541,470 times
~ How many slices of cheese go in or on your grilled cheese sandwich? usually two

~ Do you have CDs (compact discs) with your digital photos on them. I do have some yes

~ Mrsrainroosty says to ask you: What is your favorite Christmas candy? You can put red and green wrappers on any kind of chocolate and I'm good to go.

~ Are you a microwave master? Nope....warms things up.

~ What does MM mean? Mickey Mouse

~ What does AA mean? Alcoholic Apples

~ What does 3 make you think of? Dale Earnhardt

~ Please tell us of an internet website that you know of...... Cake Wrecks - Home I go here every day and Etiquette Hell

~ What fruits, nuts or vegetables have you eaten straight off the plant/tree or whatever. peas, tomatoes, strawberries, apples, pears, watermelon.....too many to list.

~ What toast do you like the best? One made with alcohol.

~ Tell about a snake that was outdoors that you once saw. I was too busy screaming like a girl to notice.

~ Pet and feed the friendly cow or eat the cow? Both!

I hope you feel better Rainroosty! Have a great day everyone!!
And if you get bored tomorrow...here's something to do! Wreaths Across America | Our Mission: Remember, Honor & Teach

Last edited by Granny Sue; 12-14-2012 at 07:18 AM..

Old 12-14-2012, 07:04 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,712 times
~ How many slices of cheese go in or on your grilled cheese sandwich? Just one...... we watch our calorie and fat intake.

~ Do you have CDs (compact discs) with your digital photos on them. A few.

~ Mrsrainroosty says to ask you: What is your favorite Christmas candy? Chocolate fudge of course.

~ Are you a microwave master? You betcha.

~ What does MM mean? M & M candy of course.

~ What does AA mean? Batteries

~ What does 3 make you think of? My dog!!! His Grandma always give him three treats and he waits until he get all three. Yes, my dog can count!

~ Please tell us of an internet website that you know of...... I like the pinterest site.

~ What fruits, nuts or vegetables have you eaten straight off the plant/tree or whatever. Mulberries~grapes~strawberries.

~ What toast do you like the best? French

~ Tell about a snake that was outdoors that you once saw. A cute little guy who was lime green.

~ Pet and feed the friendly cow or eat the cow? Both, the calves we bottle feed are the friendly ones and the others are the beef cattle.

Hope you feel better soon RR!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics