Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 05:10 AM

16,555 posts, read 17,325,077 times

Advertisements

A very good morning to you all my dear peevers.

Yes, you can all relax and enjoy yourselves, safe in the knowledge that we are back home safe and sound.

First off however I must publicly thank Bayarea4 for doing such a wonderful job peeving away in my absence. Thanks BA4- you're a Star!

So, where were we you may ask?

Mrs J and I had a belated 20th/21st Wedding Anniversary vacation in the Caribbean!

We had had our honeymoon out there and this time we cruised with P&O and visited nine islands including the two we were on all those years ago.

I did post to you on one, maybe two occasions, but the combination of intermittent connection and the naughty price they charge you on board meant that I decided to keep out of things for the vacation. The same thing happened at a hotel we were in last year.

So, at least that gives me a timely POTD, which is;

Being charged high WiFi connection charges to a captive audience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 05:17 AM

16,555 posts, read 17,325,077 times
To kick off the photos that I shot (over 1,000! ) here are a couple that show our ship, the P&O Azura.

Our accommodation was at the stern so we often got a good view of either sunrise or sunset.

We also got to have breakfast in the lovely area shown, also at the stern.

Up early for breakfast.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:01 AM

6,441 posts, read 5,232,707 times
Welcome back and Congrats on the anniversary! Did you happen to see Pam/PJ also cruising in the Caribbean! One chance in a million for sure with all those islands. Agreed, Bayarea4 did a great job finding peeves to rant about and she is definitely a Star!

I'm sure you were glad to not be on a Carnival ship.

So far I haven't made use of WiFi and I don't plan on it unless I have to.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:04 AM

3,401 posts, read 3,074,860 times
Really great pictures....and welcome back. Hope your anniversary trip was wonderful.

I certainly hate those excessive WIFI charges.....yikes!

Old 03-17-2013, 10:45 AM

24,303 posts, read 25,806,881 times

Welcome back and congratulations on the anniversary of Mr and Mrs Jezer.

WIFI connection charges are pretty absurd these day, fortunately we have not encountered any.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:21 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,767,949 times
Nice to see your back from the anniversary vacation in the Caribbean and congratulations.

Bayarea4 did a fine job while you were gone.

That’s not nice, you’ve already paid for travel on the ship!

Nice pictures again!

Old 03-17-2013, 12:42 PM

27,245 posts, read 27,309,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
A very good morning to you all my dear peevers.

Yes, you can all relax and enjoy yourselves, safe in the knowledge that we are back home safe and sound.

First off however I must publicly thank Bayarea4 for doing such a wonderful job peeving away in my absence. Thanks BA4- you're a Star!

So, where were we you may ask?

Mrs J and I had a belated 20th/21st Wedding Anniversary vacation in the Caribbean!

We had had our honeymoon out there and this time we cruised with P&O and visited nine islands including the two we were on all those years ago.

I did post to you on one, maybe two occasions, but the combination of intermittent connection and the naughty price they charge you on board meant that I decided to keep out of things for the vacation. The same thing happened at a hotel we were in last year.

So, at least that gives me a timely POTD, which is;

I think someone told me a long time go that places like Starbucks charged to use their wi-fi thing....? Not sure, never tried. But I have a laptop stick thing so I can take mine anywhere and not worry about how to hook up or getting charged.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:33 PM

44,551 posts, read 61,264,205 times
The only fi we do is the 'high fi' , no wi fi.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:36 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,907,651 times
Beautiful ship!!!! Congratulations on the anniversary!!

Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 PM

21,417 posts, read 8,627,780 times
Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Jezer, welcome back, and thank you for the kind compliments. That ship looks absolutely amazing! It's a shame that cruise lines, hotels, etc. charge exorbitant rates for telephone and internet access when they know you are a captive audience. I don't blame you for staying off line.

I would also like to publicly thank AksarbeN for providing inspiration for some of the peeves. I needed all the help I could get!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics