Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,221 times

Advertisements

Have you ever went out for a few hours and realized half way through that there is something wrong, or that something feels odd?

So I put on my shoes and went to the laundry mat, came home and then I took my dog for a walk down a well traveled road and then a side road... Half way home on my walk I happened to look down and I started bursting out in laughter.

Why?

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 11:19 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,320,581 times
Lol

Old 05-02-2013, 11:21 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
OMG!! Too funny. Yes it has happened to me, not that specific thing, but where something didn't feel right, something was off, whatever! You are too funny Quert!!

Old 05-02-2013, 11:21 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Good one, Quert! I did that once - not only were my shoes different colors, but the heel height was different. Took me a whole morning to figure it out!

Old 05-02-2013, 11:25 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
On Sunday, my PA got a text and he showed it to me (we were at work).
His family was driving to church when his teenage daughter realized she had no pants on.
They had to stop at Target near the church to buy pants.
Um, how sleepy were mom and the other kids that everyone piled into the car and were driving before someone realized the girl had no pants on?!

Old 05-02-2013, 12:31 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
Yes, different shoes or in one case in the winter where I'd throw a pair in a bag to carry to work - 2 different shoes and both for the right foot. Other times, different colored socks - black & blue can cause problems. Like, I wore a black knee length skirt and navy tights - didn't notice til I noticed people looking at my legs funny. Nothing to do but laugh.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:08 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Have you ever went out for a few hours and realized half way through that there is something wrong, or that something feels odd?

So I put on my shoes and went to the laundry mat, came home and then I took my dog for a walk down a well traveled road and then a side road... Half way home on my walk I happened to look down and I started bursting out in laughter.

Why?

LOL.. well, at least you realized it, unlike the situation I found myself into one time back in the early 1990s. I mentioned this before, but I'll go ahead and post it again for those who haven't read it.

Back then I worked for a logistics company, which is now UPS Logistics, and I did a demonstration of a new computer system we were going to implement, and there were many of the company's executives, and branch managers present. I finished the demonstration, they turned the lights back on and I asked if anyone had any questions. The company's CFO was the first to ask, "Can you tell us why your fly is open?"...

Old 05-02-2013, 03:03 PM

16,669 posts, read 17,433,087 times
I used to stay away a week at a time here in the UK.

I'd be travelling around hospitals and one morning I was chatting away to some docs in a big teaching hospital in Leeds, Yorkshire, when I looked down and went 'Oh!'

They all looked at me and wondered why I'd said it, and lo and behold I had mismatching black brogue shoes on!

Mind you, years earlier I arrived in good time for an interview dressed up in my best suit and suddenly realised that I still had my trainers on, that I used for driving!

I hurtled out of reception and came back with the correct shoes on but breathing very heavily from the run back to the car.

The receptionist thought I'd gone mad- but I got the job!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:15 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,505 times
Good laugh, Quert! They both still felt good, right? I once went to work wearing one black shoe and one navy blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post

Why?

Old 05-02-2013, 03:18 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

Back then I worked for a logistics company, which is now UPS Logistics, and I did a demonstration of a new computer system we were going to implement, and there were many of the company's executives, and branch managers present. I finished the demonstration, they turned the lights back on and I asked if anyone had any questions. The company's CFO was the first to ask, "Can you tell us why your fly is open?"...
OMG! Very embarrassing when you're the speaker! A good laugh for everyone but you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics