U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 09:23 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,198,352 times

Advertisements

Are you the oldest, youngest or a middle child? Only girl, only boy, only child, twin? Do you think you received better treatment because of your placement or did it cause you to feel like you had to fight for attention? Do you think it makes a difference if you're the first, second, last or only born? Just curious.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2006, 09:48 AM

10,010 posts, read 17,799,449 times
youngest of two only girl, I was the favorite, they only wanted a girl.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:52 AM

702 posts, read 3,018,370 times
Wink When I was born...

When I was born I was so ugly the doctor slapped my Mother!
My Dad used to tie a pork chop around my neck so that the dogs would play with me!

Old 10-10-2006, 11:07 AM

22,452 posts, read 32,235,462 times
I am 10 years younger than my brother. They worked hard to get a second child ha. My parents were older when I was born, mother 36 and dad 40, they really wanted a second child, all I have eve felt is love from my parents. And I was real sick with allergys and yes I was and still am VERY spoiled.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:25 AM

241 posts, read 951,453 times
Default Adopted

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
Are you the oldest, youngest or a middle child? Only girl, only boy, only child, twin? Do you think you received better treatment because of your placement or did it cause you to feel like you had to fight for attention? Do you think it makes a difference if you're the first, second, last or only born? Just curious.
You should add "adopted" to your list.

I was adopted with my bros, who are twins, being the natural children of my adopted parents. My adopted mother is a finatic religious person that believe that my genetics could be beat out of me and never agreeed that it wasn't environment alone that is what made a person. I was the lowgirl on the totum pole They got away with everything and I was to blame for what ever went wrong. I did have a ton of things including a horse but I would have given it all up to know that I was loved unconditionally like my bros were.

My psycho birth mother found me three yrs ago, and I found out that I am the oldest of that family but the other kids didn't know about me. Plus her story is a lil different each time she tells it.

Needless to say I don't have anything to do with any of them for very serious reasons. I don't miss them at all and I am very happy in my life now

Old 10-10-2006, 11:28 AM

262 posts, read 1,956,572 times
azloafer, I love Rodney Dangerfield...

"I was so ugly, my mother breast-fed me through a straw!"

Old 10-10-2006, 11:40 AM

21 posts, read 84,164 times
As the oldest daughter of two girls my mother would always joke that I'm the spoiled daddy's girl.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:46 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,375,580 times
I'm the middle child -3 ahead of me and 3 behind. I'm second oldest of the girls. There are 5 years between me and my older brother so sometimes it was like I was the oldest of the 4 youngest and I was treated as the oldest (being responsible and all that). But the older ones still say I'm one of the babies. It bothered me growing up being the middle. I felt as though I wasn't considered old enough to enjoy the priveleges that came with being one of the older ones and being responsible of the younger ones. But I wasn't young enough or cute enough to get away stuff like the younger ones did. I didn't feel all that ignored because I found my own ways to shine. Sometimes though I wished I was the only child because there were so many of us. And privacy was so unheard of and most coveted. Now I don't mind being in the middle. I'm still considered one of the babies by the older ones (even though I'm almost 41) which makes me feel young. But the younger ones still look up to me for advice and experience (even though their now in their 30's with families of their own).

Old 10-10-2006, 12:41 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,198,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3arabs View Post
You should add "adopted" to your list.
I'm sorry, my3arabs, I should have put adopted. I'm sorry you don't have nice childhood memories. That breaks my heart. I am glad you seem to have found happiness though. I had a friend in a similar situation. He was adopted--his brother wasn't and could do no wrong. He now has such compassion for kids in bad situations and he works very hard at being the kind of parent he wishes he could have had. I'm sure you feel your horses are like your kids and I bet you know how to show them love and kindness.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:01 PM

313 posts, read 791,853 times
I am the oldest of two. My sister and I are 15 months apart. I was always a daddy's girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics