Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:24 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times

Advertisements

Interesting things you find when you read the label

So after the new wood flooring was installed we find out that we need to clean the floor with a product that contains methylchloroisoyhiazlinone & methylisothiazolinone. Who in this world even knows what this stuff is? Why can’t I find it on the ebay for sale? Chemicals made in America making your world better! I don’t think so…………………………….

Can I get these items in ice cream or something good to eat? After checking online it looks like they’re not so bad after all.

So what's in your label and what have you found?

Last edited by elnina; 06-25-2013 at 01:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 01:39 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,931,539 times
Howdy, AksarbeN!

Been to any good parties lately? lol

Yes, I read labels, partly for the issue you mentioned, but mostly food labels.

If I see an ingredient I don't recognize, I look it up before I buy it. If it's furniture or flooring or whatever, I try to find out as much as I can before any purchase.

So to answer your question, I haven't found too many surprises lately!

I hope you found a way to clean your floor!

Old 06-24-2013, 01:45 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,369,627 times
When I was in market for a paper shredder, I bought two (at two different stores)
so I could compare, as an informed consumer.
Brought them home, unpacked & assembled them, tried each one out & read the instructional pamphlets.

One said to buy special (store name) brand cleaning sheets for the shredder teeth maintenance-
the other one said drizzle some vegetable oil on the teeth if need be.
Can you guess which one I kept (and which one I returned & got my money back for) ?

Spoiler
I kept the one that said use veggie oil, and took back the snooty one
that exhorted me to only buy their name brand cleaning sheets-
and I haven't had to worry about any of this, in the year I've had the shredder

Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,278,362 times
I don't use any "product" to clean my tile or wood floors. I just a damp mop them as needed and they have stayed very nice. I think it's a gimmick when they tell you to use certain products.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:58 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
I don't use any "product" to clean my tile or wood floors. I just a damp mop them as needed and they have stayed very nice. I think it's a gimmick when they tell you to use certain products.
^^^Yes agree 100%. We tried various cleaners before and found the floor to be sticky all the time so now a damp cloth mop works wonders.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:01 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times
I ALWAYS read labels, no matter what product - food or not. In doubts I will search net for answers, but I try my best to be an informed consumer.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:21 PM

3,399 posts, read 3,090,211 times
I read every label when I grocery shop so I know the fat and sodium and other content. It takes me forever to shop. I also like to find out if the item is made in the USA.

I wish I had a hardwood floor in a few of my rooms....but rest assured before I buy any flooring, I will read the label. Thanks for calling this to my attention.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:38 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Dihydrogen Monoxide Public Service Announcement - YouTube

The DANGERS of Di-hydrogen Monoxide - YouTube

Old 06-25-2013, 08:46 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Interesting things you find when you read the label

So after the new wood flooring was installed we find out that we need to clean the floor with a product that contains methylchloroisoyhiazlinone & methylisothiazolinone. Who in this world even knows what this stuff is? Why can’t I find it on the ebay for sale? Chemicals made in America making your world better! I don’t think so…………………………….

Can I get these items in ice cream or something good to eat? After checking online it looks like they’re not so bad after all.

So what's in your label and what have you found?
After a google search of these two items,,,,, they're not bad. Or so they would have me believe that. However look in the medicine cabinet and it could scare you with so many of the items there. From the items we eat to the items we use everyday there are several that seem to be (or should be) off limits for humans............

Old 06-25-2013, 11:30 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
When buying grocery items I always check the label for sodium content. Salt and I do not get along but I love the stuff. My doc has told me to avoid it. Oh, and I have to take my reading glasses with me to the store because I cannot read that tiny printing. I think the grocery stores should just hang magnifying glasses in the canned food sections. It would be so much easier than digging in my purse for the evasive glasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics