U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-12-2013, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
28,951 posts, read 49,606,591 times
Reputation: 20975

Advertisements

Consider this a lament for lost manners, a field study of animal behavior, and a call to arms—no, not arms, knuckles. Consider this a prayer to Janus, the Roman god of doors, that he inflict millions of Americans with incontinence to punish their daily sins of inconsideration. You are reading a rant about unheard raps. I am asking a question: Didn't anyone ever teach you to knock?

Knock on the bathroom door: You owe it to the person who might be in there, and to yourself. - Slate Magazine
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2013, 11:21 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,849 posts, read 31,735,701 times
Reputation: 22478
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Consider this a lament for lost manners, a field study of animal behavior, and a call to arms—no, not arms, knuckles. Consider this a prayer to Janus, the Roman god of doors, that he inflict millions of Americans with incontinence to punish their daily sins of inconsideration. You are reading a rant about unheard raps. I am asking a question: Didn't anyone ever teach you to knock?

Knock on the bathroom door: You owe it to the person who might be in there, and to yourself. - Slate Magazine
Who, in their right mind doesn't lock the bathroom door?

20yrsinBranson
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 01:25 AM
 
Location: SW France
14,671 posts, read 14,863,981 times
Reputation: 28119
I've come across this ingenious invention called a door lock!

Try googling it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,445 posts, read 12,051,665 times
Reputation: 28285
Didn't anyone ever teach you to lock the bathroom door?

Just push that button in the center of the handle and I won't have to knock.
This is another example where it's easier to blame someone else for one's own fault; very prevalent these days.

Last edited by Dirt Grinder; 08-13-2013 at 04:36 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Middle Tennessee
206,741 posts, read 79,975,057 times
Reputation: 133637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Didn't anyone ever teach you to lock the bathroom door?

Just push that button in the center of the handle and I won't have to knock.
This is another example where it's easier to blame someone else for one's own fault; very prevalent these days.
Yup
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 12:36 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
18,328 posts, read 11,545,551 times
Reputation: 32685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Yup
double yup.

A closed door should be enough.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 01:31 PM
 
13,202 posts, read 16,525,928 times
Reputation: 15589
unless you've got kids
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
18,328 posts, read 11,545,551 times
Reputation: 32685
we were kids back then. I wasn't born with this gray hair!


We were taught to knock on a closed door.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
41,030 posts, read 51,597,738 times
Reputation: 115401

Surprise Surprise Surprise - YouTube
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 06:24 PM
 
13,202 posts, read 16,525,928 times
Reputation: 15589
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
we were kids back then. I wasn't born with this gray hair!


We were taught to knock on a closed door.
Most kids are...doesn't mean they always do though...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top