Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:29 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times

Advertisements

Happy Halloween, kids! I hope everyone has a safe and fun day.
Let's get down to business. Scroll on down for Today's Tip.

HOW TO READ BODY LANGUAGE

I found this interesting article (link below) which gives some hints on how to read others' body language. Understanding others' stances and motions can help us to modify our own body language in order to avoid giving unintended signals. Be sure to click on the link and view the images along with the descriptions.

Here are a few of the tips:
  • A person who touches the bridge of their nose may be indicating, "I don't want to be here."
  • If you lay your open hand on your neck or throat, you'll come across as insecure.
  • "Loosely crossed arms are comforting, like a self-hug."
  • Standing with your hands on your hips and your eyes down and a furrowed brow are a classic sign of anger.
  • On a first date, when you and your date are talking, lean slightly forward and tilt your head a little. This will indicate that you are approachable and interested in what your date has to say.
There are more tips here, including suggestions on body language during job interviews: How to Read Body Language - Best Body Language in Any Situation - Woman's Day

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Two languages are prominent around here. Hard to get a handle on .... I think that last one (first date) indicates you're looking for a smooch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 05:32 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
Body language experts analyzing people, I like to watch those....

Happy Halloween!!

Old 10-31-2013, 06:43 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
It really is amazing how body language can give away what we're thinking/feeling.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:58 AM

16,672 posts, read 17,437,937 times
What are they saying when they hit you round the ear?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
What are they saying when they hit you round the ear?
haha - I have no idea!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:42 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Body language is something I’d like to know more about, however the finger gesture the only thing I can read well.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:03 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
This just shows why I've often been misunderstood, and still am.

Thank you, Pam.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:39 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Interesting tips Pam, thanks! I studied body language back in college in psychology classes but I've forgotten a lot of it...lol.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Body language is something I’d like to know more about, however the finger gesture the only thing I can read well.
You mean the thumbs-up gesture, right? As in everything's A-OK?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics