U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 11:38 AM

15,685 posts, read 16,239,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Okay, okay. I'm going to come clean about this issue.

Last night I was eating guacamole out of a "convenient" little plastic pod that it comes in for a single serving. I couldn't get at the last of it because the pod in convex (I hope that is the opposite of concave) on the bottom and the good stuff was hiding in a safe place around the bottom on the pod. Well, I wasn't going to give up and kept trying to get at it. I finally used my finger to get it.
It's what fingers are for Ketabcha! -sorry, that's a thumb.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 11:44 AM

114,834 posts, read 62,177,864 times
I know my hand strength isn't what it used to be. I know my manual dexterity is waning. But, these new packages everything comes in must be made of kevlar. You need a pair of tin snips or a chain saw to open them. What has happened to easy open packaging??

Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 PM

10,855 posts, read 5,967,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
This is my frustration with the foaming face/hand cleansers and spray cleaners. When the fluid level gets down to the bottom, the plastic tube doesn't capture all of the product. It sits at the bottle of the container, taunting you. I suppose that one can just unscrew the top and dump it out of the bottle, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the spray/pump mechanism?

And I no longer use the pump toothpaste because, no, you can never tell how much is left in the package.
Taunting us, indeed !

The manufacturers offer and tout convenience (for a problem I didn't have in the first place),
but instead they provide frustration and wasted product left over in the unreachable corners of container.
Things in spray bottles or with vacuum/suction (the tube that goes down to bottom of bottle and pulls fluid up) are an extra hassle-
I'd much rather be able to get at the last bit of material than to have to risk injury tearing apart the bottle (such as for mouth rinse, the mechanism doesn't come apart).

Old 11-06-2013, 01:20 PM

54,108 posts, read 32,541,720 times
With tooth paste, one good way to use every bit of the product is to roll the tube container to squeeze out every bit of the paste as it gets low. I wish I had a picture of it, but with that method, you won't end up wasting any of the product.

Hmm.. this sounds like a Tip Of The Day for our good Tipster PJSinger/Pamela. Ah what the heck, we'll combine both threads today..

Old 11-06-2013, 01:42 PM

43,377 posts, read 18,394,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
With tooth paste, one good way to use every bit of the product is to roll the tube container to squeeze out every bit of the paste as it gets low. I wish I had a picture of it, but with that method, you won't end up wasting any of the product.

Hmm.. this sounds like a Tip Of The Day for our good Tipster PJSinger/Pamela. Ah what the heck, we'll combine both threads today..
Yep. Now that everyone has seen it, consider this a combination Peeve and Tip thread!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:08 PM

15,685 posts, read 16,239,377 times
Style over substance- so often the way cloven.

Ooh- a combo thread!

Old 11-06-2013, 04:10 PM

26,499 posts, read 26,281,992 times
Jezer, great peeve! I SO agree with you. Notice now that not only do lotions come in less quantity, but they also come with those stupid pump tops now, those flip tops seem to be obsolete....therefore, you lost so much product . Solution...I do one of two things for mine. That stupid pump thing on top comes off and I replace it with just a regular water bottle cap (which it fits), or for those 'unremovable' tops. I cut the entire top of the bottle off and put it into a clean, empty shampoo bottle, which still has the flip top, and you dont lose any product. It sounds ghetto, but as it is we're paying more for less, Im gonna get every cent of my worth! Thanks for sharing the peeve.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics