U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 06:56 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,435,487 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

It's a soggy morning here in the northwest corner of Indiana.
Fall has arrived.

Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc?

What "bells and whistles" (fancy options) would you like it to have?

What will you call it?

Bonus Question(s):
What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention?

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1966 1st entire lineup televised in color (NBC)
Birthday: 1946 Sally Field
Politics: 1917 New York state allows women to vote
Science/Technology: 1991 Keck II, biggest telescope in use at Mauna Kea Hawaii
Sports: 1993 Evander Holyfield beats Riddick Bowe in 12 for heavywgt boxing title

Today’s Word:
plenipotentiary
Pronunciation: \plen-uh-puh-TEN-shuh-ree\
Meaning: adjective:
1. invested with full power
2. of or relating to a person invested with full power to transact any business

Today is:
International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict
National Men Make Dinner Day
Saxophone Day

Quote of the Day: "My agent said, 'You aren't good enough for movies.' I said, 'You're fired.'" ~ Sally Field ~

I accidentally hit the button too soon and didn't get the whole title of the Post. Sorry.
Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-06-2013 at 09:22 AM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 06:57 AM

16,500 posts, read 14,061,818 times

You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be?

~ A pillowed wheelchair with comforters, a cooler and a mini-kitchen. ...and an umbrella!

~ Cat food bowls, electric skillet, convection oven.

What will you call it?

~ Home & roam.

What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention?

~ Nuthin'.

~ Nuthin'.

National Men Make Dinner Day ~ I make dinner 360 days of the year.

*** Thank you, PatsCats! You and everyone, have a nice day and night and don't take any crap from anyone! *** Eat, eat, eat!

Last edited by rainroosty; 11-06-2013 at 07:10 AM..

Old 11-06-2013, 06:59 AM

9,900 posts, read 7,246,077 times
Hello all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Fall has arrived.

Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc?

What will you call it?
No name and nothing too fancy. Good power, easy on gas, and most important a first class top of the line stereo!

Quote:
Gosh I hope someone young is reading and will take this advice. I did not learn this in school but it "should" have been taught:

Live cheap and save, save, save for an early retirement.
Get a college degree or a trade where you will be in demand.

Quote:
I don't know about laugh but I never dreamed I would spend so much time alone and have a lack of real life friends as I do now.

Have a great day, all!

Last edited by John13; 11-06-2013 at 07:19 AM..

Old 11-06-2013, 07:02 AM

32,837 posts, read 18,625,389 times
Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc? I would like a pickup this time. Large 4x4.

What "bells and whistles" (fancy options) would you like it to have? Not too concerned with the inside, but I would like to to come with something to tow behind it like a few trailers for hauling stuff, a couple of cows and horses to put in the trailer, and some hay balers to cut and bale the hay.

What will you call it? A farm truck.

Bonus Question(s):
What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention? Hmm. I was a good student, but I would have taken more shop classes. So I can fix things around the house. I am not good at that.

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at? I wear white socks with black shoes. That was taboo at age 16.

Today in History:
Birthday: 1946 Sally Field They LIKE ME~! They REALLY like me!
Sports: 1993 Evander Holyfield beats Riddick Bowe in 12 for heavywgt boxing title

Today is:
International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict
National Men Make Dinner Day That is every day here.
Saxophone Day

Quote of the Day: "My agent said, 'You aren't good enough for movies.' I said, 'You're fired.'" ~ Sally Field ~

I accidentally hit the button too soon and didn't get the whole title of the Post. Sorry.

It's okay. We know the thread title! Good job.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 AM

19,519 posts, read 11,984,169 times
Quote:
Mornin' all!

Fall has arrived.

Today's Question(s):
a small pick-up truck

tires never get bald, oil never needs changing, 35 m/g, radio does not get country/western stations.

What will you call it?

a Hippomobile of course! (it'll be gray!)

Bonus Question(s):
not sure how to answer that-most of what I learned in school is way too outdated to be relavent now.

Just for Fun:
walk/hike in the woods or over the river or wherever.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
plenipotentiary

Today is:
National Men Make Dinner Day
Saxophone Day

I like that!
thanks, PC.

Have a special day, everyone.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:18 AM

122,184 posts, read 15,623,644 times
Mornin' all!

Fall has arrived.

Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc?These days the most economically car that doesn't take much gas and is small in size,yet very durable on gravel roads and back country and smooth rolling on a highway

What will you call it?Lola

Bonus Question(s):

Just for Fun:

Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 AM

11,166 posts, read 7,264,146 times
know now, 16 yo laughs? metabolism.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 AM

6,665 posts, read 6,805,058 times
Today's Question(s):
I am thinking I will go with a SUV.

This rig will be loaded to the max. Has to be full time 4x4. To make it easier to get in it will be a two door with larger than standard doors. The back seat and the passenger front seat will lay flat so I can stretch out to sleep when camping.

What will you call it?

All mine

Bonus Question(s):

Not really. I usually paid attention in school

Just for Fun:

Get a buzz cut when getting a haircut.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:34 AM

4,632 posts, read 2,814,921 times
Today's Question(s):
You're building a vehicle to fit your specifications. What will it be; convertible, mini van, truck, etc? A mid sized SUV that gets fantastic fuel ratings.

What "bells and whistles" (fancy options) would you like it to have? Just the normal "loaded" options but it would all be durable and easy to keep clean. Of course it would be in my favorite color of green. It would never need repairs or maintenance.

What will you call it? The Larkmobile.

Bonus Question(s):
What is something that you know now, as an adult, that you *should* have learned in school, had you been paying attention? To value my education more.

Just for Fun:
What is something you do now that your 16 year-old self would have laughed at? I wear lipstick.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
plenipotentiary

Today is:
National Men Make Dinner Day Never happens at my house.
Saxophone Day

I accidentally hit the button too soon and didn't get the whole title of the Post. Sorry. Not to worry, I do this with reps all the time.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:34 AM

35,955 posts, read 35,984,408 times
Today's Question(s):

At this stage of my life, a mid sized sedan that is easy to get in and out of and where I can easily reach the pedals and the seat belt doesn't decaptitate me would be fine by me.

I'd like a power seat that also swings to the side, GPS, a compass and a CD player. That's it.

What will you call it?

Mine.

Bonus Question(s):

16 is when I had driver's ed in school. I'll go with parallel park. I haven't done it since my road test.

Just for Fun:

My 16 year old self had to use rubberbands to keep her knee-highs up because she was so skinny so I'll go with "eat." That and "speaking up."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics