U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 AM

52 posts, read 59,501 times

Advertisements

Today's Questions:
What habits would you like to break? Procrastination

Any habits you'd like to develop? Do some more exercise maybe

Bonus Questions:
Have you ever successfully turned over a new leaf - breaking or starting a habit? I can't remember anything remarkable.

Foodie Questions:
Have you or yours ever made your own cake frosting or icing? No.
What cake frosting flavors do you like? I love them all

What's the most unusual restaurant you've heard of or visited? The blindekuh: The restaurant is completely dark, the food gets served in the dark and you have to eat in the dark and the waiters are blind there. I've never been there, but want to.

If you've ever eaten any wild grown foods, what kinds? Berries.

You get to have a meal at a traditional diner. What'll you have?

Just for fun:
When and where have you slept on a sofa? Yes, the last time was at home a couple of weeks ago.

Do you have a sofa bed? No.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 11:20 AM

17,452 posts, read 9,395,711 times
[quote=bjh;32125586]Welcome to our daily habit.

Today's Questions:
What habits would you like to break?...My workaholic addiction and sugar addiction.

Any habits you'd like to develop?...Learning how to relax.

Bonus Questions:
Have you ever successfully turned over a new leaf - breaking or starting a habit?...Nope, I'm hopeless.

Foodie Questions:
Have you or yours ever made your own cake frosting or icing? ...No, I rarely bake. It's dangerous.
What cake frosting flavors do you like?...I love cream cheese frosting.

What's the most unusual restaurant you've heard of or visited? ...When we were in the Bahamas there was this restaurant on the ocean that would ring a bell and these bull sharks would come in to eat the scraps.

If you've ever eaten any wild grown foods, what kinds?...Yes mushrooms, some were

You get to have a meal at a traditional diner. What'll you have?...Cheeseburger, onion rings, and a chocolate shake.

Just for fun:
When and where have you slept on a sofa?...Every night in front of the TV.

Do you have a sofa bed?....No

Today in History:
1665 The London Gazette, the oldest surviving journal, first published
1805 Lewis and Clark Expedition sighted the Pacific Ocean for the first time
1885 Canadian Pacific Railway done - Montreal, Quebec to Port Moody, British Columbia, 2,980 miles
1910 1st air freight shipment from Dayton, Ohio, to Columbus, Ohio undertaken by the Wright Brothers
1916 Jeannette Rankin became the first woman elected to the US Congress
1940 Original Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapsed in a windstorm, a mere four months after completion
1965 Pillsbury Doughboy, 'Poppin' Fresh,' made his debut in a commercial for crescent rolls
1990 Mary Robinson became the first woman to be elected President of the Republic of Ireland

Today's Quote:
“Great joy in camp. We are in view of the ocean, this great Pacific Ocean which we been so long anxious to see.
And the roreing or noise made by the waves brakeing on the rockey shores (as I suppose) may be heard distinctly.”
~~William Clark, explorer

Today’s Word:
in·trep·id [in-trep-id] adjective
resolutely fearless; dauntless: example: an intrepid explorer

Today Is:
Bittersweet Chocolate w/Almonds Day
National Gin Day (hiccup)
Men Make Dinner Day
--recipes included --->National Men Make Dinner Day™

This Week is:
Dear Santa Letter Week, 7-13
Pursuit of Happiness Week, 7-13

Today's Picture:
Hope your autumn is mighty fine! (Kobber will have to wait a while.)

Halloween is finally packed away, it only took 5 days this year. People are really upset at work after they all just lost about 6k a year in pay and some pto days. They eliminated the pm shift bjh because they wanted the work week reduced to 36 hours. One coworker told me that she will have to cut her hours because she will be working 5 or 6 12 hour days between her other job and the part time 8 hour shifts she picked up at work. One of my coworkers was crying yesterday because of the pay reduction. I've been in touch with my friend who is the manager at the big box hospital from hell I used to work for. There may be an opening in December. It means 6 weeks of intense training and lots of exams if I even get hired back. My only other option is night shift 12 hours. Kill me now on both of those options. The good side of being hired at the high stress big box is I'll make fabulous money and will only need to work 3 days a week on pm shift. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me please. Part of me wants to retire but my SSI will be cut in half if I do.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:57 PM

52,869 posts, read 31,188,928 times
Today's Questions:
What habits would you like to break? - I need to quit breaking things..

Any habits you'd like to develop? -

Bonus Questions:
Have you ever successfully turned over a new leaf - breaking or starting a habit? - Hmm.. Somebody told me that turning over a new leaf would do a lot of good, so I found one laying in the front yard... I turned it over.. and nothing happened..

Foodie Questions:
Have you or yours ever made your own cake frosting or icing? - Hmm.. I tried icing and frosting on the cake but they kept melting in the oven for some reason.. I put it in the freezer and nothing happened.. - I've never baked a cake..
What cake frosting flavors do you like? - I don't eat them... unless they're sugar-free..

What's the most unusual restaurant you've heard of or visited? -

If you've ever eaten any wild grown foods, what kinds? - I tried eating the weeds that were in my backyard.. but they didn't taste too good.. so I stuck to regular vegetables..

You get to have a meal at a traditional diner. What'll you have? - Can I have a date with the waitress? - Some ribs on the grill sounds tasty right now.

Just for fun:
When and where have you slept on a sofa? - While watching a boring movie(??)... Actually I don't ever recall sleeping on a sofa for the whole night..

Do you have a sofa bed? - I suppose my sofa could be a bed..

Old 11-07-2013, 05:32 PM

25,710 posts, read 25,255,799 times
Yes, I make cake frosting from scratch all the time. But....they sell the bakery type frosting that you get on bakery cakes, at the Pig!! (Piggly Wiggly). Even bakeries dont sell it.
My favourite flavour of course is chocolate fudge or just chocolate. Have a good evening everyone~~~

Old 11-07-2013, 06:46 PM

15,803 posts, read 10,126,696 times
Have you ever successfully turned over a new leaf - breaking or starting a habit? yes, more than once
Have you or yours ever made your own cake frosting or icing? yes
What cake frosting flavors do you like? chocolate is my favorite

What's the most unusual restaurant you've heard of or visited? the first two that come to mind are: 1 that was shaped like a ufo and 1 where you pay what you can afford or think it's worth.

If you've ever eaten any wild grown foods, what kinds? plenty - two that come to mind are wild berries and rhubarb

You get to have a meal at a traditional diner. What'll you have? pancakes, crisp bacon and a sunny side up egg with the whites cooked through...OR...whatever the blue plate special is - maybe oprk chops or meatloaf with mashed potatoes and peas.

When and where have you slept on a sofa? home, my sister's place, college friends' places...

Do you have a sofa bed? no and i prefer to sleep on sofa beds while they're still sofas instead of as the bed.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:00 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

39,143 posts, read 25,788,441 times
Today's Questions:
What habits would you like to break?
I'd like to eat less sugar.
I stopped drinking soda years ago, but currently allow myself up to one sweet a day, excluding fruit.

Any habits you'd like to develop?
Go to bed earlier and stop pushing how late I stay up some nights.

Bonus Questions:
Have you ever successfully turned over a new leaf - breaking or starting a habit?
Being a trucker years ago pretty much made me a more mellow driver and cured me of speeding. You'll get there anyway. No use driving too fast.

Foodie Questions:
Have you or yours ever made your own cake frosting or icing? Yep, and homemade frostings can be really good.
What cake frosting flavors do you like? chocolate, lemon, and strawberry

What's the most unusual restaurant you've heard of or visited?
Saw this underwater restaurant on Travel channel: http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4022883.html

I'd like to go, but it's near on island in the Indian Ocean so I'm not holding my breath. Pun intended.

If you've ever eaten any wild grown foods, what kinds?
Blackberries and persimmons visiting relatives in Arkansas. M
ulberries, pecans, and wild onions grew in our yard when I was a kid.

Hot roast beef sandwich with brown gravy, onion rings, some kind of pie for dessert.

Just for fun:
When and where have you slept on a sofa?
I fell asleep on the sofa for a couple of hours about a week ago.

Do you have a sofa bed?
We did years ago, but it wore out and the current one is a regular sofa.

Viewers and posters alike, thanks for being a part of the fun.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:11 AM

16,482 posts, read 22,426,938 times
Today's Questions:
What habits would you like to break? Biting my nails, eating less.

Any habits you'd like to develop? Exercising more.

Bonus Questions:
Have you ever successfully turned over a new leaf - breaking or starting a habit? Yes, I have more than once. At one time I drank a ton of coffee because I was friends with a lady and so did she and we would sit and talk for hours and drink coffee. I quit drinking coffee completely. For 5 years I smoked 5 packs of cigarettes a day and quit cold turkey and never smoked again. This wasn't really a problem, but I used to drink alcohol and don't anymore at all.

Foodie Questions:
Have you or yours ever made your own cake frosting or icing? I have made icing a number of times, but don't think I have made frosting from scratch.
What cake frosting flavors do you like? Cream cheese, chocolate, and whipped cream frosting.

What's the most unusual restaurant you've heard of or visited? We once went to this really strange alien themed restaurant because my kids saw it off the road and wanted to go. The food was ok and it was decorated and painted inside really crazy with aliens, plants etc. everywhere.

If you've ever eaten any wild grown foods, what kinds? Morel mushrooms, shaggy mane mushrooms, puffball mushrooms, wild blackberries and huckleberries.

You get to have a meal at a traditional diner. What'll you have? Club sandwich.

Just for fun:
When and where have you slept on a sofa? I only slept for a very short time once on a counch when we were on vacation in Oregon. I have slept on a sofa bed a number of times though.

Do you have a sofa bed? No, I don't.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:59 PM

3,737 posts, read 1,875,095 times
Today's Questions:
What habits would you like to break?
Spending money

Any habits you'd like to develop?
Saving money.

Bonus Questions:
Have you ever successfully turned over a new leaf - breaking or starting a habit?
I've lost weight, baby fat, and kept it off.

Foodie Questions:
Have you or yours ever made your own cake frosting or icing?
What cake frosting flavors do you like? Chocolate

What's the most unusual restaurant you've heard of or visited?

If you've ever eaten any wild grown foods, what kinds?
Some kind of berries at my aunt's house.

Cheeseburger and a chocolate malt.

Just for fun:
When and where have you slept on a sofa?
At a friend's apartment.

Do you have a sofa bed?
No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics