Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 03:54 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,623,751 times

Advertisements

I've been told by people that I have a twin or two in my town. You know there is 6 billion people on earth and you know people would have twins.

'I'm Not A Lookalike' Project Showcases Strangers Who Look Like Twins (PHOTOS)

Think you're special and unique?

So did these folks, until they met Francois Brunelle.

The 62-year-old Montreal-based photographer has spent the last 12 years scouring the world for complete strangers who look alarmingly similar, according to Rex USA.

'I'm Not A Lookalike' Project Showcases Strangers Who Look Like Twins (PHOTOS)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 04:21 PM

7,251 posts, read 7,087,479 times
Oh yes, I'm sure there are probably 3 or 4 similar to me in the world. Genetic diversity seems infinite but so much of that is *under* the skin.

Check this out too:

Nathan Fillion Grades His Lookalikes: Which Celebs Are His Doppelgangers? | Yahoo TV - Yahoo TV

Old 01-11-2014, 08:48 PM

24,773 posts, read 28,545,070 times
I think a second cousin... not sure.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,898,206 times

A few years ago I found my double hiking in the Mountain Preserves nearby.......
I'm the better looking one on the right...............

[ Photoshopped double ]

Old 01-12-2014, 02:19 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,460,362 times
Not only a twin in the world, but they work at the same place as I do Patients and some staff frequently get mixed up...really the only thing is that we have the same color of hair and it's curly...It can be amusing though when we work on the same unit...hee hee hee

Old 01-12-2014, 02:46 PM

16,676 posts, read 17,447,182 times
I've got a creepy story about this. I promise you that this is absolutely true.

I've posted it before and it takes a while, but bear with me and I'll aim to keep it brief.

I got chatting to a lady in line at Disney World a few years ago.

She was also a Brit and during the on and off chat it turned out that we had quite a bit in common; she and her husband lived in the village where I first grew up and so they were familiar with many places I knew, though because I'd moved away a long time ago we didn't really have any mutual contacts.

However after a bit more chatting there were other things that we had in common and the most striking one was that her husband had the same given name as me. He turned up and as we talked to him it got creepier and creepier that there was so much in common between us. I actually can't remember the details as I tried to forget about them, as it gave me the shivers.

So I then said to him 'You're going to tell me next that you were born in January' and he said yes, and gave me the date. Same as mine!

No kidding, at that point I'd had enough and I bid goodbye, but said to him half jokingly that I thought we might bump into each other again.

So we had another few days in Orlando, and then went down to Sanibel Island for a week.

We drove back to Orlando International Airport, checked in, hung around, got the call to the gate and he was standing immediately in front of me in line for our airplane.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:27 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,460,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
I've got a creepy story about this. I promise you that this is absolutely true.

I've posted it before and it takes a while, but bear with me and I'll aim to keep it brief.

I got chatting to a lady in line at Disney World a few years ago.

She was also a Brit and during the on and off chat it turned out that we had quite a bit in common; she and her husband lived in the village where I first grew up and so they were familiar with many places I knew, though because I'd moved away a long time ago we didn't really have any mutual contacts.

However after a bit more chatting there were other things that we had in common and the most striking one was that her husband had the same given name as me. He turned up and as we talked to him it got creepier and creepier that there was so much in common between us. I actually can't remember the details as I tried to forget about them, as it gave me the shivers.

So I then said to him 'You're going to tell me next that you were born in January' and he said yes, and gave me the date. Same as mine!

No kidding, at that point I'd had enough and I bid goodbye, but said to him half jokingly that I thought we might bump into each other again.

So we had another few days in Orlando, and then went down to Sanibel Island for a week.

We drove back to Orlando International Airport, checked in, hung around, got the call to the gate and he was standing immediately in front of me in line for our airplane.
That's creepy!

Old 01-13-2014, 12:40 AM

44,640 posts, read 61,661,969 times
I used to double for Robert Redford in his movies. I even got to play some of the love scenes with the leading lady whenever he called in sick.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:55 AM

21,555 posts, read 8,736,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I used to double for Robert Redford in his movies. I even got to play some of the love scenes with the leading lady whenever he called in sick.
And I'm the Queen of Sheba.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:28 AM

44,640 posts, read 61,661,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
And I'm the Queen of Sheba.
Ah yes I remember you. It was that time when I saw you and Claudius riding in the royal chariot over to the colosseum. It was for the drive-in viewing of the running of the bulls chasing those gladiators that you so adored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics