Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 05:21 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,958,698 times

Advertisements

I always notice when im out and stuff,most peeps ignore people they dont know,they dont try and talk to anyone......I think this is really sad.......

We all live on this earth 2gether,and we should all try and be loving and caring with each other.........Take me,i talk to ALMOST EVERYONE i see,i emit love towards them,even though the world has shown me alot of hatred and such (Peeps making fun of me,etc..........) I still show love.......(Although its challenging @ times)

I dont know any of you here @ city-data,but i can honestly say i love you all,your all friends of mine and i cherish being here to say this..........

I wish the world was a nicer place,i wish people were kinder to others,even those they dont know.............I know i cant change the world,but i can do my best to show others how they should be!!!

God bless,

Dude111
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 06:31 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,839,102 times
Well said Dude. .well said...

Old 09-15-2015, 09:21 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,942,766 times
Just as Jesus told us in Matthew 22:36
Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”

37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’[e] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.

And the same in John 13:34 -A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

If everyone were to follow those 2 important Commandments, we would not have the problems we see in the world.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:04 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,856,079 times
Sometimes it's better to be the first one to offer a hand shake, a smile, or a kind word. I hope you start that trend with someone in law enforcement.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:43 PM

560 posts, read 852,536 times
I live in a pretty rural area, town population of around 22,000, with a naval air base. Folks here are great! When we first moved here from Spokane WA area I was surpised by the wave from the other driver on the back roads (reminded me of growing up in Montana), people at check out counters talking to you, and maybe somewhat silly but so many Christmas hats worn in public during the season. We of course have the usual contingent of gang banger wannabe's and hot rodding (usually on crotch rockets on the back roads) young naval folks, but hey that's life. Really like it here.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:09 PM

5,919 posts, read 3,829,558 times
I'm just not the outgoing type but I will speak when spoken to. It's different when you're a woman, you have to be careful of strangers and most don't approach you unless they want something - namely a handout. So it's about self-preservation these days imo and not so much about being friendly. There's being a decent human being and holding doors and saying please and thank you when needed but that's as far as things need to go as far as I'm concerned. There are just way too many weirdos these days.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:38 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,960,002 times
Bah! Humbug!

Old 09-15-2015, 05:43 PM

24,782 posts, read 28,655,424 times
One reason I left Florida and moved here to Tennessee the bulk of the people are just down right nice... not in your face like Florida.. People here are respectful of one and other... walk into any store and strike up a conversation especial the feed store or the local greasy spoon... Certain topics are some what off limits not the ones your thinking of.. Like what did you put in the corn bread or how you fix those beans... those little blocks on the back of the rockers on your rock-in-chair.. shucks that keeps the cats tail from getting squashed...

Old 09-15-2015, 06:26 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,958,698 times
My parents are looking @ buying a winter house in Florida and I just have the feeling they are not going to like it..... I dont see what the big thrill is about florida!!

Old 09-16-2015, 06:49 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,839,102 times
Well I wish people were kinder to one another...not just coming up and starting a convo or waving but less road rage..less being a biotch to each other...less harsh words.....less killing...less animal abuse....I watched the news yesterday and it is just terrible what people do to each other......for what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics