Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 01:43 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,486,067 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, August 5th 2014. Nothing to report from Downunder, so let’s get straight into the questions!

Today’s question:

Have you ever sung or played an instrument in a band (any kind of band from marching to rock)? If yes, please tell us a little about it.

Extra credit question:

Is your….

...washing machine a top loader or a front loader?

...dryer wall-mounted or on the floor?

...fridge – double door or single door?

...freezer – part of the fridge or a separate appliance?

...oven – gas or electric?

Bonus question:

When was the last time you went to a garage/yard sale? Did you find anything you considered a treasure?

Just for fun:

Today is National Night Out Day! What’s your idea of a perfect night out?

Thought for the day:

The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck! (Author Unknown)

Today is
:

National Night Out
National Underwear Day
Work Like a Dog Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 01:52 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,365,797 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, August 5th 2014.
Today’s question:
Have you ever sung or played an instrument in a band (any kind of band from marching to rock)? If yes, please tell us a little about it.
Not really-I took flute for one month in school, but quickly realized that I disliked it.
Returned the flute, quit the class, never got to the point of playing with the school band.

Extra credit question:
Is your….

Bonus question:
When was the last time you went to a garage/yard sale? Maybe a decade ago or so.
Did you find anything you considered a treasure? Got some pretty earrings and a nice shirt.

Just for fun:
A night in.
Listening to peepers/crickets and staring up at stars on warm summer nights is nifty, too.

Thanks for the Qs, Kobber.
Wishing everyone a rewarding day.

Last edited by cloven; 08-05-2014 at 02:02 AM..

Old 08-05-2014, 02:00 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, August 5th 2014. Nothing to report from Downunder, so let’s get straight into the questions!

Today’s question:

Flute from grade 7 to 12

Extra credit question:

Is your….

...washing machine a top loader or front loader?

COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]both...have a freezer attached to the fridge and a deep freeze [/color]

Bonus question:

When was the last time you went to a garage/yard sale? Did you find anything you considered a treasure?

COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]long time [/color]

Just for fun:

Thought for the day:

The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck! (Author Unknown)

Today is
:

National Night Out
National Underwear Day
Work Like a Dog Day

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Old 08-05-2014, 02:24 AM

21,530 posts, read 8,714,516 times
Today’s question:

I played violin in the 4th grade school orchestra.
In high school, I played bassoon in the marching band, concert band and orchestra.

Extra credit question:

Is your….

Top loader circa 1986
On the floor
Double door, also circa 1986
It's behind the left door.
Electric

Bonus question:

About three years ago while returning from a hike, a friend of mine stopped by a garage sale and poked around for a few minutes, but we didn't find anything.

Just for fun:

A perfect night out is when I don't have to cook or wash the dishes. Dinner and a movie would be ideal.

Thanks, Kobber!

Old 08-05-2014, 02:29 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post

Today’s question:

Extra credit question:

Is your….

...freezer –part of the fridge or a separate appliance?

Bonus question:

When was the last time you went to a garage/yard sale? Did you find anything you considered a treasure? Over 5 yrs ago - estate sales have always been my fav

Just for fun:

Most likely the way rdlr would do it like this she posted about, which is only one of many... she seems to host some of the best community get-togethers and serves great food!

Thought for the day:

I believe I've met some of those!

Today is
:

National Night Out
National Underwear Day
Work Like a Dog Day
Thanks for the QotD, Kobber! Happy Tuesday All!

Old 08-05-2014, 03:36 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,125 times
Today’s question:

I played trumpet when I was in 6th grade. Elementary school band class was a real joke and total waste of time. While the high school and the elementary school were in the same building, each had their own teachers. The one exception was the music teacher. He felt he should not have to teach elementary band. A box of rocks would have been a better teacher than he was. All year we practiced the same song over and over. We did not put on a single performance for anyone. (had we it would have been brief as we only ever played one song)

Extra credit question:

Is your….

...washing machine a top loader or a front loader? Top

...dryer wall-mounted or on the floor? Floor

...fridge – double door or single door? Double (side by side)

...freezer – part of the fridge or a separate appliance? Left half of the side by side

...oven – gas or electric? Gas

Bonus question:

I do not think I have ever actually gone to one.

Just for fun:

Anything that is entertaining is a perfect night out. While not actually a night out, on Saturday nights I like to sit out on my balcony, sip a little beer, snack on stinky cheese, and watch the twenty something crowd heading home from the bars get stupid. Last Saturday was very entertaining. First a car with 4 girls stops right under my balcony. The front seat passenger opens the door and trys for 15 minutes to throw up. The whole time she is crying about getting so drunk. The driver is outside trying to help. The 2 girls in the back seat just sit there and check their facebook pages on their phones. Finally the driver gives up and is trying to get the girl to sit up so she can close the door and get on their way. The passenger keeps falling back out of the car before the door gets closed. Finally the driver pushed the girl back into the car and closed the door real quick and drove off. A short time later a car with 2 girls park in the same spot under my balcony. The driver gets out and takes off on foot heading to a bar 2 blocks away. A few minutes later she returns. She talks to the other girl for a minute and then takes off all of her clothes and put on a different outfit while standing there. Then she heads back to the bar. A few minutes later she is back and they drive off. Who needs to go out when you can get entertained for free while sitting on the balcony.

Thought for the day:

Today is:

National Night Out
National Underwear Day
Work Like a Dog Day

Old 08-05-2014, 03:55 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Today’s question:
Have you ever sung or played an instrument in a band (any kind of band from marching to rock)? If yes, please tell us a little about it. Yes, school bands.

Extra credit question:
Is your….

Bonus question:
When was the last time you went to a garage/yard sale? Years now.
Did you find anything you considered a treasure? Nope.

Just for fun:
Today is National Night Out Day! What’s your idea of a perfect night out? Family, friends, food, fun and music.

Thought for the day:
No kidding.

Today is:
Work Like a Dog Day

Old 08-05-2014, 04:05 AM

11,361 posts, read 9,274,423 times
Hello all,

Today’s question:

Have you ever sung or played an instrument in a band (any kind of band from marching to rock)? If yes, please tell us a little about it. - No. This was discouraged when I was growing up.
Lost patience with a guitar when I was in my 20s. Looking back that was a mistake. I should have taken some lessons. I also bought the wrong type of guitar for beginners.

Extra credit question:

Is your….

...washing machine a top loader or a front loader? I rent and have to go to a different building. Machines are top loading.

...dryer wall-mounted or on the floor? - Floor.

...fridge – double door or single door? - Single.

...freezer – part of the fridge or a separate appliance? Part of the refrigerator.

...oven – gas or electric? - Electric. I own a small electric convection oven that I love. I use that instead.

Bonus question:

When was the last time you went to a garage/yard sale? Did you find anything you considered a treasure? - Never been to one of those.

Just for fun:

Today is National Night Out Day! What’s your idea of a perfect night out? Any night where I don't have to be alone which is rare.

I just woke up from a great dream. I was out on a date with someone unknown and new and we were at a Mindy Smith concert. Nice front row table for two and we had great chemistry. I didn't want to wake up and face reality. It was almost perfect. Too bad it wasn't real but it was one of the best dreams I had in a while.

Thanks, Kobber.
Best wishes to all for a great Tuesday!

Old 08-05-2014, 04:53 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Today’s question:

Have you ever sung or played an instrument in a band (any kind of band from marching to rock)?

No

Extra credit question:

Is your….

...dryer wall-mounted or on the floor? floor

...fridge – double door or single door? single

...freezer – part of the fridge or a separate appliance? attached

...oven – gas or electric? electric

Bonus question:

1970s. I got some pretty dishes. Still have one of the bowls.

Just for fun:

Coming home early. I don't like going out at night and only do it for meetings these days.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:04 AM

11,082 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Today’s question:

Have you ever sung or played an instrument in a band (any kind of band from marching to rock)? If yes, please tell us a little about it. I played a cornet (smaller version of a trumpet) in the high school band

Extra credit question:

Is your….

...washing machine a top loader or a front loader? Top

...dryer wall-mounted or on the floor? Floor

...fridge – double door or single door? Double, but freezer on top

...freezer – part of the fridge or a separate appliance? Part of the fridge

...oven – gas or electric? Electric

Bonus question:

When was the last time you went to a garage/yard sale? Did you find anything you considered a treasure? I stopped at one Saturday. Didn't find anything

Just for fun:

Today is National Night Out Day! What’s your idea of a perfect night out? Camped out next to the lake, camp fire going, looking at the stars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics