Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:54 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Vail, CO (AHN) - A 60-year old man is suing an 8-year old boy and his father, after the boy crashed into him, resulting in an injury to the man's shoulder.

David Pfahler, who was skiing at Beaver Creek last winter, claimed he and his wife filed a lawsuit against Scott Swim for crashing into him. The couple is seeking $75,000 in damages, and will be used to pay for several expenses such as physical therapy and vacation time.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009515631 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 02:03 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Vail, CO (AHN) - A 60-year old man is suing an 8-year old boy and his father, after the boy crashed into him, resulting in an injury to the man's shoulder.

David Pfahler, who was skiing at Beaver Creek last winter, claimed he and his wife filed a lawsuit against Scott Swim for crashing into him. The couple is seeking $75,000 in damages, and will be used to pay for several expenses such as physical therapy and vacation time.

It just shows how much the high altitude can effect the brains of a 60 year old......

Old 12-27-2007, 11:36 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,424,908 times
How greedy can someone be?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:47 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Maybe somebody should sue the old man for taking 45 mins to sit on the lift going up the hill, or just for being a bitter &#$&%#%.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:59 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
I ALWAYS thought that sliding down a snowcovered hill on two long sticks of wood was just askin for an accident. He's lucky he didn't eat a tree.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:09 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Yes, I heard about this incident...and I'm very sorry the man received an injury...but the same goes for horseback riding or any other sport...you do it at your own risk....I mean, the man could have fallen and hurt himself....how much damage really could an 8 year old do? I don't know, this to me is awful fishy....and why would the man sue...I swear this nation is a sue happy nation...and people like this have ruined having fun....

I dunno, I just think this is simply another way for this man to make money, I mean, think about it....an 8 year old? I tend to question the couple.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I ALWAYS thought that sliding down a snowcovered hill on two long sticks of wood was just askin for an accident. He's lucky he didn't eat a tree.
I agree, otherwise, they'd be suing the poor tree??? hmmm wonder if it has Geico? The tree, that is?

Old 12-28-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I agree, otherwise, they'd be suing the poor tree???

Old 12-28-2007, 04:16 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
I heard this and thought what in the heck. I mean I can see where some people do ski out of control and are just plain idiots as I've witnessed them myself. BUT, this was a 48 lb child that clipped the ski of a grown man. Wonder the kid was not hurt. The man then grabbed the kids leg and cursed him out. The kids parents could sue him for that. Now a YEAR LATER (this happened LAST WINTER not this year) the man decides to sue. And he is going after "Vacation Time". WTH! I think this guy needs to take a lesson in reality and let the kids parents sue HIM for harrasment and talking like that to a child.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I heard this and thought what in the heck. I mean I can see where some people do ski out of control and are just plain idiots as I've witnessed them myself. BUT, this was a 48 lb child that clipped the ski of a grown man. Wonder the kid was not hurt. The man then grabbed the kids leg and cursed him out. The kids parents could sue him for that. Now a YEAR LATER (this happened LAST WINTER not this year) the man decides to sue. And he is going after "Vacation Time". WTH! I think this guy needs to take a lesson in reality and let the kids parents sue HIM for harrasment and talking like that to a child.
agreed...and by the way, maybe the kid was simply learning, there is no harm in that....shheshhh, next thing you know, parents will be sued b/c their kids splashed some older people at a pool or something???????

this couple ought to be pounded verbally by Americans that say, this is unacceptable and the judge out to throw this right outa court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics