Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 12:04 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,495,791 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 14th 2014. Well, the fence is in and looks really nice. Since we had to dislodge a whole lot of creeping vines in the process, I now have some landscaping to sort out! Have to do that in the next couple of weeks before it gets too hot to spend time outside.

Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read?

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Visit a dry cleaning store?

Turn the mattress on your bed?

Eat a hamburger?

Play Solitaire on your computer/phone?

Visit a post office?

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person?

Just for fun:

Today is National Dessert Day. What dessert might you have today?

Thought for the day:

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. (Author Unknown)

Today is:

Bald and Free Day!
National Dessert Day
national lowercase day

hope everyone has a great lowercase day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 12:12 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,968,867 times
Default Today’s Questions – Tuesday, 14th October 2014.
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 14th 2014. Well, the fence is in and looks really nice. Since we had to dislodge a whole lot of creeping vines in the process, I now have some landscaping to sort out! Have to do that in the next couple of weeks before it gets too hot to spend time outside.

Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read?
Used to read some and now I just grab the coupons for freebies.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Every few months.
Eat a hamburger?
Often!

Visit a post office?
Rare for me..

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person?

Just for fun:

Thought for the day:

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. (Author Unknown)

Today is:

Bald and Free Day!
National Dessert Day
national lowercase day

Thanks kobber!

Old 10-14-2014, 12:14 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,388,212 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 14th 2014.
Today’s question:
No, though I hear the sound of delivery vehicle & papers hitting the porch of my neighbors around 3:45 a.m. six days a week.
^That's for the daily paper which does cost money.

The free paper in town is weekly, but I pick that up at library or kiosk around town.
I skim every page/section, and read perhaps 30% (varies, depending on the particulars that issue) of the articles/features.

Extra credit question:
How often do you …
Never: I insist on low-maintenance clothing only.
Used to accompany my mother there occasionally when I was a kid, though.

Not so much...it's heavy, floppy, and difficult to maneuver.
Eat a hamburger?
3x/wk. or not, based on my opinion of the beef on hand.
Never: Don't have any virtual/screen card games.
But I do play "Double Solitaire" (IRL) with friend 2x/month.

Visit a post office?
Maybe 3x/year or less ?

Bonus question:
Not really.
There's FB, but we don't actually communicate personally-it's pretty clear there's little interest on either side.

Can't quite relate to where each other is at-I didn't follow the standard life trajectory.

Just for fun:
Nothing delectable in the house at the moment, but will go shopping in a few days.

Thanks for the Qs, Kobber.
Wishing everyone a tranquil Tuesday morning.

Last edited by cloven; 10-14-2014 at 12:36 AM..

Old 10-14-2014, 12:24 AM

61,965 posts, read 87,612,175 times

Happy gardening, kobber!!

Today’s question:

No. No papers of any kind. Got them free online.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Very seldom.

Once a year.

Eat a hamburger?
From the fast food? - Never. But I do make some at home

Almost daily. One game is all what I need to relax during a work day.

Visit a post office?
Once or twice a month. I have box there, but don't get many letters. Most of my correspondence is done online.

Bonus question:

No. Most moved away. Married, changed name. I moved away... There are no ties anymore.

Just for fun:

I just bought a raspberry cheese gelato yesterday

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Bald and Free Day!
National Dessert Day
national lowercase day

hope everyone has a great lowercase day! I hope so too...

Thank you, kobber!!

Last edited by elnina; 10-14-2014 at 12:47 AM..

Old 10-14-2014, 12:33 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,170,515 times
pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post

hi, kobber. it's lower case day. did you know? put the vines back where they came from or else you-know-what on fryday.

Today’s question: hey! you're using upper case!

nope.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

never.

only when i move to a new place to live.
Eat a hamburger?

not nearly enough. i want one now. i can smell it already and it's not even here.

only mahjongg.

Visit a post office?

me? twice every ten years.

Bonus question:

nope. not at all. i am not attached to any beings except for my cats.

Just for fun:

i will choose: jello or ice cream or real nice cake thingy.

Thought for the day:

or scrambled or fried.

Today is:

Bald and Free Day!
National Dessert Day
national lowercase day

thank you kobber. i just realized that you have your holidays during seasons that seem odd to me. that's pretty neato.

thoughtfulness to you and our friends here.

Last edited by rainroosty; 10-14-2014 at 12:52 AM..

Old 10-14-2014, 01:02 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,328,727 times
Quote:

Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read? No, not anymore. I miss it, but when things changed it was a luxury I gave up.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Visit a dry cleaning store? Once or twice a year.

Turn the mattress on your bed? About once a year.

Eat a hamburger? About once a week.

Play Solitaire on your computer/phone? Nope. Majhong is what I play.

Visit a post office? Oh, maybe 3 or 4 times.

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person? Yes, four. All by email. And two of the three were not friends "back then". They emailed me out of the blue several years ago and new friendships developed.

Just for fun:

Today is National Dessert Day. What dessert might you have today? No clue. Meeting a friend after work but don't know where we're going.

Thought for the day:

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. (Author Unknown) Another good one.

Have a good one!

Old 10-14-2014, 01:03 AM

21,599 posts, read 8,770,819 times
Today’s question:

no, but we get them from news racks in our neighborhood.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

very seldom. i stopped buying clothing that needs dry cleaning.
it gets turned in the summer and winter and flipped in spring and fall.
Eat a hamburger?
once a week i make turkey burgers for dinner.
at least a dozen times a day. it's addictive!
Visit a post office?
five or six times a year.

Bonus question:

yes, we keep in touch mostly by e-mail, facebook and the annual christmas card.

Just for fun:

i will have chocolate brownie ice cream cake.

thanks, kobber, and congratulations on your new fence!

Old 10-14-2014, 01:22 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,461,957 times
Quote:

Today’s question:

Yes, flyers and the examiner that usually goes from mailbox to recycle bin

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Visit a dry cleaning store? not too often

Turn the mattress on your bed? not too often

Eat a hamburger?

Rarely, I play games on my computer or phone I usually go play in CD games

Visit a post office?
rare

Bonus question:

Not that I went to high school with but my friend that I have been friends with since the day we could walk and talk...I still speak to her via text, visiting and the occasional phone call when our lives permit

Just for fun:

Cheesecake! !! Or dairy queen blizzard or sundae, or ice cream cake....oh I don't know there are too many to choose from.

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Bald and Free Day!
National Dessert Day
national lowercase day

Have a great day and enjoy your desserts!

Old 10-14-2014, 02:35 AM
bjh

60,172 posts, read 30,482,073 times
quote=Kobber;36869273]Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 14th 2014. Well, the fence is in and looks really nice. Since we had to dislodge a whole lot of creeping vines in the process, I now have some landscaping to sort out! Have to do that in the next couple of weeks before it gets too hot to spend time outside.

Today’s question:

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Eat a hamburger?

Visit a post office?

Bonus question:

Just for fun:

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Bald and Free Day!
National Dessert Day
national lowercase day

[/quote]

Old 10-14-2014, 04:35 AM

401 posts, read 480,353 times
Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read? No, I don't. I really don't have time to read a newspaper through.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Visit a dry cleaning store? Not that often though I do take all my dress shirts and slacks to one.

Turn the mattress on your bed? I don't though the maid who cleans my room may.

Eat a hamburger? every once in a while. If I'm feeling really lazy, I'll buy a bunch of McDonald's McDoubles and munch on those for 3 days.

Play Solitaire on your computer/phone? Never

Visit a post office? at least once a week unless I'm travelling. That's where I get my mail.

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person? I keep in touch via Facebook. I got to see my first high school classmate since high school this 4th of July when I drove home to see my dad. It was a trip seeing him and reminiscing.

Just for fun:

Today is National Dessert Day. What dessert might you have today? Cookies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics