Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:36 AM

93 posts, read 292,242 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a gift idea. my wife's birthday is comming up and I need to find a great gift that will be used for long. It would have been easy if she liked the jewelery but she not very fond of it. Please give me some ideas that I can use. I want her to feel special this birthday. Thank you for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 03:53 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
How old is she going to be? Age makes a big difference in gift selection.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:38 AM

932 posts, read 1,273,819 times
gift certificate to a day spa, including a hair cut and all that 'girly' stuff!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:34 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,025,035 times
Depending on how much of a budget, I'd say a fancy dinner, even a private dining room somewhere, or hire a musician to play for her at the table of your favorite restaurant.

My partner did that for me a few years ago, and it was wonderful. One of those experiences you never forget.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:58 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,986,983 times
If it doesn't have to be a tangible gift, I'd go with an "experience" such as the dinner suggested by agreatlife.

It's hard to suggest something not knowing your wife's age, likes and dislikes, etc :-) But perhaps as a jumping off point for you, here are some memorable gifts I've given and/or received: a hot air balloon ride (NY), a sunset horseback ride with dinner on a mountain top (PA), an overnight at a quaint B&B (Rockport MA), a posh weekend in NYC with door-to-door limo service.

I also know of someone who surprised his girlfriend by having her picked up by limo at her office on a Friday afternoon and they flew to Paris for the weekend where he proposed. (He had one of her friends secretly pack a suitcase for her.)

Old 03-17-2008, 08:21 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,017,229 times
Buy her a star and name it after her. Seriously. My son bought his GF a star, named it after her, and they went camping, had a telescope and saw the star. It came with a framed certificate and map/location of the star. I thought that was so romantic.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 AM

932 posts, read 1,273,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
Buy her a star and name it after her. Seriously. My son bought his GF a star, named it after her, and they went camping, had a telescope and saw the star. It came with a framed certificate and map/location of the star. I thought that was so romantic.
hmmmmm while romantic, not every girl would think that was an awesome present. I'm as sappy as the next gal, but after 12 years of marriage....well....I'd rather just have him cook dinner for me than buy a star...lol

I think thats cute for when you are dating, or newly married maybe.

As one poster said, its hard to give *good* suggestions without knowing her, or at least what her likes/dislikes and personality are like...

Old 03-17-2008, 09:12 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
How about a spa treatment or massage or a nice overnight getaway?

Last edited by mystree; 03-17-2008 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: ? mark not a .

Old 03-17-2008, 05:28 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
What are her interests? If your looking for a gift that will last a long time, we need to know what it is that interests her.

Children? Or is she very much family oriented? How about taking your family albums to one of those places that puts all the photos on a DVD and adds music?

Old 03-17-2008, 07:41 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,136 times
I don't know what she likes, but what about a car! I know I would love to be surprised with a cute little car that gets great gas mileage. Or I would like to come home and an interior decorator be waiting on me to redo my whole house. A cabin on Lake Norman,a once a month 1 year nail and hair gift certificate, life time membership to a spa,( you said something that would last a long time!!
What about renewing your wedding vows and a weekend honeymoon at a nice little bed and breakfast and a new car!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics