U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 01:08 AM

15,459 posts, read 16,036,841 times

Advertisements

Greetings peevers.

Just to fill you in on my weekly thread, Molly has had a check over and is as well as can be expected for a girl of her extremely advanced years.

She had a lovely time on Saturday evening in the field but she does give us concern in certain areas. We just have to enjoy our time whilst we can.

As to this week's peeve, here in the UK we have just had a general election. Don't worry, POTW is not going all political!

Here in my little quiet corner of England I put up another sign, next to the one that says no junk mail, that read 'No Election Material' which in the main seemed to work, in that only two sets of guff came through after it was put up- a ton of stuff arrived prior to that when we were on vacation.

It's not the first time this peeve has been raised, but is pertinent after this campaign, and the masses and masses of material that has been sent out.

The POTW is;

Junk mail.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 01:14 AM

As to my weekly photos, we've done our mini tour of a part on Northern Italy.

I was going to post an overview of the three places we went to. As I started out looking at shots of Sirmione on Lake Garda I realised that I wasn't going to get far!

So here are shots taken just in that one small town, on a couple of walks that Mrs J and I took;

Old 05-11-2015, 01:35 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,385,275 times
Thank goodness for recycling! That's whereall my junk mail goes and there is waaaay too much of it!

Lovely pics Jezer! Did you get to go inside of the castle? It looks likea castle...

Old 05-11-2015, 01:40 AM

6,437 posts, read 6,676,815 times
I don't mind junk mail - its nice to get something in the post that isn't a bill!

Old 05-11-2015, 04:07 AM

24,848 posts, read 13,780,047 times
Not overly fond of junk mail. I do get a chuckle out of the 'last chance' ones tho'. Then, as Draconess, in the recycling box they go.

Love the photos. No cars? Are the streets too narrow? Or just a coincidence?

Old 05-11-2015, 04:12 AM

11,479 posts, read 8,147,117 times
I like that shadow man pic. .....

Old 05-11-2015, 06:32 AM

33,948 posts, read 14,521,928 times
Junk mail is junk

Lovely photos Jez!

Old 05-11-2015, 06:34 AM

243,916 posts, read 85,244,715 times
Junk mail and spam in email. Rubbage.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Not overly fond of junk mail. I do get a chuckle out of the 'last chance' ones tho'. Then, as Draconess, in the recycling box they go.

Love the photos. No cars? Are the streets too narrow? Or just a coincidence?
Thanks for all the kind comments.

Regarding cars- it seems that you have to have a permit to enter the town.

We arrived by taxi and were stopped by the bridge which is the only link to the top end of the narrow finger of the town.

We were let through, but there were very few vehicles to be seen in the time we were there.

They seemed to belong to people who lived there or to tradesmen.

There were big car parks the other side of the bridge for day visitors.

It made for an even more relaxing atmosphere.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:18 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,164,314 times
The POTW is; Junk mail.

Ah, for those of you that haven't gotten there yet, just wait until you get to retirement/social security age! I never knew there were so many medical/life insurance companies around! Have been bombarded with their packages of junk offering "the best, most affordable rates/coverages" from every one of 'em over and over and over... they don't give up either, even the ones I already have, it seems! What a nuisance and waste, I hate all of 'em!

On a much more positive note, a beautiful little town there, Jezer, thanks for the great photos! And, thanks for the update on Molly, glad the girl is doing so remarkably well at her age, we should all be so fortunate!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics