Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 12:53 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,750,330 times

Advertisements

So if you have to take one of the pills which one would you take?
Red Pill = You will be granted to have a person you know revived from death.
Blue Pill = You will get $500k.

Choose carefully.
I will take the red pill.
Granted that I still have both of my parents alive, I can save the red pill and use it to revive somebody in the future. Either my loved ones, or use it to make somebody that I know, who loss a loved one very happy.

I believe no matter how much money one has, it will not make that person happy. I always joke with my mom that I would like to die first because I could not bear the thought of losing her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 03:26 PM

396 posts, read 508,825 times
I'd choose blue and put the money in a trust for my grandson. The way things are going, he will need it no matter what he chooses to be.

My first reaction was red, but then it would be a tough choice between my mother, my father, my grandfather or my sister. I figure that since I'm a senior citizen now, my life is drawing to a close, so better to insure the future for someone I love who has (ideally) many more years ahead.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:59 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,886,607 times
Without a doubt the Red pill. One more day with my mother.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:00 PM

5,865 posts, read 3,744,187 times
^^ that's a good reason/choice LarkBea.

I would do the same, choose the blue and pay off my measly little bills and then put the rest in a trust for my son and my Mother.....I owe her so much and she's still alive (thankfully) so I may just go ahead and give her her portion. Tough decision though, I've lost so many loved ones and it would be very hard to choose.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:45 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,742,463 times
All of my family has passed on and I don’t want the red pill because I’d not want to pick one family member over the other, nor would I want to bring any of them back to this life as it is….. they’ve moved on to something better I’ll let them stay there and meet up with them later (hopefully).

And don't give me the blue pill as it's not going to make anything much better for any of us.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:03 AM

7,212 posts, read 6,978,219 times
I go with blue. The red would have been tempting 20ish years ago when my mother died of cancer. But if I brought her back now she would be in her 80s and have little time left. Blue would let me be sure my dd will be comfortable her whole life. I'll look towards the future rather than the past.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:49 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,313,018 times
I'm young so my parents are still in their 50's. I did however lose my aunt the day after I turned 18. She was my mom's best friend in high school, and I can see how sad my mom gets sometimes when she thinks of her. Not to mention my widowed uncle who had recently sent his last daughter off to college, then saw his oldest daughter get married. I felt really bad for him because I felt like all of the important women in his life were leaving him.

I also was not able to meet one of my dad's brothers or his mom. I'd like to have known what they both were like or what they would have been like (My dad's brother died when he was two months old).

I wish I could have multiple red pills. But because I can't, I would take the blue pill to take care of my family and try to make the best life for my future family.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:18 PM

44,540 posts, read 61,201,075 times
Blue pill for me, it's always been my favorite pill...

Old 08-04-2015, 01:37 AM

21,396 posts, read 8,610,568 times
I'll take the blue pill so I can see my brother Jim again. He was an alcoholic who died at age 45, leaving behind a widow and two teenage children. Jim was older than me and remembered so much more about our tumultuous childhood than I do. We didn't spend much time together as adults because we had our separate lives. But I thought when we were old and gray, we'd sit in our rocking chairs, compare notes and finally make peace with the awful things that happened to us. Sadly, we never got that chance.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:08 AM

7,980 posts, read 5,327,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
I believe no matter how much money one has, it will not make that person happy. I always joke with my mom that I would like to die first because I could not bear the thought of losing her.
I will take the blue pill. Let me prove you wrong about it not making a person happy--or maybe it will prove you right. Either way it will make my life easier. I could afford my little cottage in New England --it may not improve my life tremendously, but it would make me happier to have it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics