Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 06:13 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Welcome to the weekend !!!!!
In honor of Solo diners eat out weekend
Here is todays question:

Do you like to go out to eat by yourself ?
I am not talking a quick trip to mickey D's but a nice restaurant.

Today in history:
February 2 ,1887 - The first Ground Hog Day.
I know there are many folks waiting to see if Punxsutawney Phil will see his shadow today.

Word of the day:
subterfuge \SUB-tur-fyooj\, noun:
A deceptive device or stratagem

Today is
Heavenly Hash Day

It is also :
Solo Diners Eat Out Weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 06:17 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
I have no problem going alone to fast food type places

But could I go into lets say a Ruth Chris or even Outback on my own

hmmm probably not lol I would end up talking with the folks at the next table and the waitstaff

I enjoy a fun conversation while I eat.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:25 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Sure, I dont mind at all, and have done it a lot.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:36 AM

167 posts, read 258,454 times
I have gone out to a resturant by myself...I take the paper or a book to read while I'm there. Sometimes I actually read it, sometimes not...I also like to talk.

I wonder, if you are calling Punxsutawney Phil a subterfuge as in the years that he has been put to the test, he's seen his shadow 90 some times, and has not seen his shadow only 15 times. (I know the math doesn't figure right, but that is what they are saying on the radio here in PA., so maybe they didn't keep records for the first couple of years). lol I wonder just how many times he got it right!

Happy Ground Hogs Day, Lisa

Old 02-02-2008, 06:59 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,062 times
Today is one of my grandsons Birthday!!! 15 years OLD!! Born on Groundhog Day... Oh, okay the ? of the day...Yes, many times I have eaten in a nicer restaurant by myself. Don't mind doing so at all. Always have a book with me, wherever I go! It is sometmes very relaxing to order whatever you want and be waited on and sit back and enjoy!

Old 02-02-2008, 07:02 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Welcome to the weekend !!!!!
In honor of Solo diners eat out weekend
Here is todays question:

Do you like to go out to eat by yourself ?
I am not talking a quick trip to mickey D's but a nice restaurant.
Not likely..I feel strange sitting there by myself when others are with friends and someone to talk to.

Today in history:
February 2 ,1887 - The first Ground Hog Day.
I know there are many folks waiting to see if Punxsutawney Phil will see his shadow today.
Yeah..we watch every year like damned fools! I don't believe this stuff but he sure is cute. We used to call them woodchucks.

Word of the day:
subterfuge \SUB-tur-fyooj\, noun:
A deceptive device or stratagem
Is that like what some posters do when they want to go off topic without getting caught

Today is
Heavenly Hash Day
YUKKO...grounds for divorce!

It is also :
Solo Diners Eat Out Weekend
Great set of questions/comments Karla

Old 02-02-2008, 07:19 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
I couldn't dine alone in a restaurant where the waitstaff fawns all over me. Example, I take a sip of water and the waiter is ready to fill my water goblet to the brim. I really enjoy a long leisurely meal with my husband. Without my hubby the food wouldn't taste so delicious.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:30 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
I have no problem going alone to fast food type places

But could I go into lets say a Ruth Chris or even Outback on my own

hmmm probably not lol I would end up talking with the folks at the next table and the waitstaff

I enjoy a fun conversation while I eat.
This is me too but I am not sure if I could go to a non-fast food restaurant on my own...I've been to the movies by myself once but I also waited til the previews started then I went in...it's not a bad thing to go by yourself but like karla says I'd rather talk with someone at dinnertime.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:42 AM

221 posts, read 600,314 times
Default Alone?? Yep!!

Sure I would. Well, maybe not a nice and fancy place, but like our local Chinese restaurant or Denny's, IHOP, or places like that I would go by myself and have on many occasions. My SO never likes to sit and have a leisurely meal. He's too hyper and can't be still long enough. I feel rushed and uncomfortable, so many times I'd rather go all by my little lonesome.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,016 times
No, I'm chicken. I'm always worried people would be looking at me trying to figure out what I was doing all by my lonesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics