Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 11:30 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times

Advertisements

I went shopping when the super bowl game started, here in Denver. I dislike professional sports whereby people pay to make players rich and owners even richer. We end up all paying more because of the businesses who pay the excessive advertising rates which they pass on to their customers---and let us not forget the subsidized stadiums so they can sell high priced food and make more money.

Shopping was nice; traffic was calm; the real big rednecks where not out, driving their big SUVs, racing back and forth with their hormones dripping out of the exhaust pipe. There were nice looking people in the stores with families and the woman, oh, the woman---that is the time and place to meet intelligent women. One, year, I went to the museum--another great place to meet people who do not live their lives around professional sports.

I think it would be a great idea to have a super bowl party, without the game. A place to meet people who have diverse interest; who have a balance in their lives. It could be a great singles event--where woman can meet men, who do not spend their lives in front of a TV and men can meet woman that cultivate intelligent activities. However it is important to end this event before the game ends because you will be going home in traffic with more drunken, overfeed "fans" who turned the super bowl into a big "supper" bowl.

Livecontent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 04:35 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
I went grocery shopping and it was so peaceful! I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in over a year and she said she was surprised I wasn't home watching the game - she had been sent to the store to get stuff for dinner for the guys home watching the game
She seemed shocked we aren't into that. I'm glad my husband has never been one to sit in front of the tv watching other people play sports. We'd rather be out doing our own sports.
You have a party next year, I'm there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics