Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy "Super Fat Tuesday" hmm wonder if we will see any of the candidates wearing Mardi Gras beads
In honor of the first issue published of Readers Digest here is

Todays Question:

What magazines do you have delivered or that you buy every month?

Today in history:
February 5, 1922 Reader's Digest magazine 1st published
February 5, 1936 National Wildlife Federation forms.
How cool I am actually a member My backyard is also certified by them as a "Natural Wildlife Habitat"

Word of the day:
Mardi Gras (French for "Fat Tuesday") is the day before Ash Wednesday. Mardi Gras is the final day of Carnival, Perhaps the cities most famous for their Mardi Gras celebrations include New Orleans, Louisiana; Venice, Italy; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Today is National Whipped Cream Day

Today is also National Pancake Day

p.s. thanks to the person that gave me the rep that gave me my 2nd gold star

Last edited by FLPL75; 02-05-2008 at 05:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 06:28 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times
Wow! 2 gold stars! That is awesome!

We get Sports Illustrated for Kids. The only other magazines I read have to do with home building, remodeling and house plans.

Have a great day, all!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy "Super Fat Tuesday" hmm wonder if we will see any of the candidates wearing Mardi Gras beads ......I would love to see Hillary showing the goods while begging for said beads..but wait..that might blind me for life!

Southern Living, Country Living, Woman's Day, Cottage Living...guess it's obvious who does the magazine reading in this house.

Word of the day:
Mardi Gras (French for "Fat Tuesday") is the day before Ash Wednesday. Mardi Gras is the final day of Carnival, Perhaps the cities most famous for their Mardi Gras celebrations include New Orleans, Louisiana; Venice, Italy; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. When I was there last, in New Orleans, it meant "eat all the crawfish y'all can get your hands on".

Today is National Whipped Cream Day ...not gonna touch this as badly as I want to

Today is also National Pancake Day....short stack please and don't forget the butter!

p.s. thanks to the person that gave me the rep that gave me my 2nd gold star
...no matter who it was my sincere congratulations Karla on achieving that 2nd gold star...you sure work hard in here and are deserving of it......

Old 02-05-2008, 06:40 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,979,764 times
Readers Digest, Consumer Reports, Family Handyman, Jacksonville Magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, Ladies Home Journal, 2 genealogy publications (Ancestry, NEHGS), Stage Direction, Playbill. Yes, read all of them, and coffee table not stacked with piles of mags not read yet. One other which is odd -- Luxury Living -- have no clue how I got a subscription to that - kind of fun, however, to see how the other half lives. :-)

Old 02-05-2008, 07:14 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,338 times
My kids get Nick magazine and lego magazine, my aunt got me readers digest, didn't want it but it keeps coming. I used to get National Geographic but that has since run out.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:20 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Ummmmm, we get the Sunday paper. Does that count?

Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
We used to subscribe to a lot of magazines. Now our time is split between two homes so it's hardly worth subscribing to any monthly publications.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:30 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
I'm a life member of the NRA and I get the American Rifleman every month.

Besides that I get.. let's see.. Crocheting Monthly, Knitting Illustrated, Rosie O'Donnel's Home Decorating, Sewing Secrets... --- NOT!

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 02-05-2008 at 08:07 AM..

Old 02-05-2008, 07:38 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Default magazinehead here...

Good Housekeeping, Ladies Home Journal, Weight Watchers, Family Circle, Woman's Day. Sometimes-Southern Living, Reader's Digest, Better Homes and Gardens, Cottage Living. My husband reads computer geeky mags like PCWorld too.
Yeah, I read a lot of mags.

But no, Mike, I draw the line at American Rifleman.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:02 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Gosh I don't subscribe to anything on hard paper.

Somehow I get Kraft Kitchen every couple of months or so. They're all sitting nicely in the corner. :-)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics