Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 02:23 PM

652 posts, read 2,264,918 times

Advertisements

Hey folks...just thought this was worth posting...kind of a reality check.
Be well
andy

SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watched kids
On a merry-go-round?

Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down

Don't dance so fast

Time is short

The music won't last

Do you run through each day
On the fly?

When you ask "How are you?"
Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?

You'd better slow down

Don't dance so fast

Time is short

The music won't last

Ever told your child,
We'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste,
Not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time
To call and say, "Hi"

You'd better slow down

Don't dance so fast

Time is short

The music won't last

When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there

When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....
Thrown away

Life is not a race

Do take it slower

Hear the music
Before the song is over

This young girl has 6 months left to live, and as her dying wish, she wanted to send a letter telling everyone to live their life to the fullest, since she never will.

She'll never make it to prom, graduate from high school, or get married and have a
family of her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 03:42 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times
This is so sad and very profound words for a young person.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:35 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,933,932 times
The jist of the poem is good, but here's what Snopes has to say about the matter.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Amy Bruce / Slow Dance

Old 02-19-2008, 02:57 AM

1,636 posts, read 230,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
The jist of the poem is good, but here's what Snopes has to say about the matter.

Thanks for showing that. No words needed...I think !

Old 02-19-2008, 02:12 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Ahahahaha...looks like she's gonna make that prom, graduate, get married and have a family after all. What a happy ending!

Old 02-19-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:

I checked that out myself just after I posted it but apparently I couldn't delete it and thought....so what...it still works in manner of speaking

Old 02-19-2008, 03:50 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
It's not your fault andy. These types of e-mails have been bouncing around for years. Kind of weird why someone would go to great lengths to create and mail them...but they do. I have relatives (aunts and cousins) that send me the same ones a year later. I really hate when they send me the "send this to everyone you know or else" mails. Like I'll be smitten with bad luck if I don't. And blessed with good luck if I do. Like sending an e-mail could ever have such an effect.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:51 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,559 times
Quote:

This is the sort of thing an old lady friend of ours sends weekly via e mail. Evidently she believes everything she reads is true and passes this stuff on like it was gospel.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
It's not your fault andy. These types of e-mails have been bouncing around for years. Kind of weird why someone would go to great lengths to create and mail them...but they do. I have relatives (aunts and cousins) that send me the same ones a year later. I really hate when they send me the "send this to everyone you know or else" mails. Like I'll be smitten with bad luck if I don't. And blessed with good luck if I do. Like sending an e-mail could ever have such an effect.
Well the second after I posted it I checked SNOPES...shoulda done it first...then when I went back to delete it City Data wouldn't let me which was weird cause I came back to it within about 2-3 minutes but then I thought...what the heck...it is a nice poem...too bad the author couldn't leave it at just that...but it still has a nice effect...too bad about the negativity attached.
Oh well...ya can't win em' all
PS...the end of that did say to pass it on but something in me told me not to copy and paste that part....
Heyyyy...at least it wasn't an email about cashing lottery checks
from Africa

Old 02-19-2008, 08:36 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,390,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I couldn't agree more. I get things from friends and relatives all the time that I had already seen or viewed in one forum or another. Or some kind of chain letter/list which is certainly snopeable. I don't think these people are forum junkies like me/us. And they use email AS their forum.
I just recently got a political article from someone. I had seen it almost 2 years ago. I just said I thought it was interesting, thanks and was polite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics