U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 07:07 AM

2,747 posts, read 365,281 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race?
We built an addition to our home that has a bar and games, think Shuffle bowl, pinball etc. That's my happy place to hide out.

Bonus Question(s):
Can you see, from where you are sitting, any kind (real, photo, replica, etc.), of any of the following:
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant?
something holding pencils and pens?
pillows?
candy?

Just for Fun:
If money were no object, and you actually had a place to store it, what "exotic" means of transportation would you like to have:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?
I can't think of anything right now. I know, I'm boring.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 08:10 AM

3,948 posts, read 2,512,594 times
Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race? My home is my haven.

Can you see, from where you are sitting, any kind (real, photo, replica, etc.), of any of the following:
a train? N
a birdhouse? N
a mirror? N
a feather? N
a plant? Y
something holding pencils and pens? Y
pillows? Y
candy? N

If money were no object, and you actually had a place to store it, what "exotic" means of transportation would you like to have:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other? I'll take a classic convertible 1960s E-Type Jaguar -- red with camel leather upholstery -- thanks.

Thanks PC and happy day everyone!

Old 08-10-2016, 08:13 AM

32,251 posts, read 3,057,073 times
Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race?
A walk in the woods near moving water or my bedroom, my private spot.

Bonus Question(s):
a train? No
a birdhouse? Yes, several birdhouses, plus a bat house.
a mirror? Yes, it's a rather ornate one I saved years ago and painted black.
a feather? Yes, in the several pictures of birds that I love.
a plant? All plants I see are through my windows; don't do houseplants anymore.
something holding pencils and pens? Yes, next to me and my notebooks.
pillows? No
candy? No

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?
A Class C motorhome decked out in my own decorating style for me to travel in ALONE!!! Oh, since money is no object I'd have to have a boat as well...
a beautiful Chris Craft!

Thanks PatsCats! Good day all!!!

Last edited by geebabe; 08-10-2016 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-10-2016, 08:26 AM

8,318 posts, read 3,894,984 times
I hope you're well-rested, and ready to hit the morning Questions.

No. But that was yesterday's rant. I'll spare everybody today!

Onward...

Today's Question(s):

Narnia

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror? X
a feather?
a plant?
something holding pencils and pens?X
pillows? X
candy?

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?

A Transporter (Star Trek) Everything else feels so Fred Flintstone-ish.

Today’s Word:
depthless
Pronunciation: (DEPTH-les)
Meaning: adjective:
1. Immeasurably deep.
2. Shallow; superficial.
Etymology: From Old English deop (deep) + laes (less).
Earliest documented use: 1619.

Immeasurably deep AND / OR shallow...Kinda like "Priceless"?

Old 08-10-2016, 08:26 AM

2,068 posts, read 1,109,568 times

Onward...

Today's Question(s):

I've always wanted a tree house.

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror? <---
a feather?
a plant?<---
something holding pencils and pens? <---
pillows?
candy?

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine? <--- Though I think subs are terrifying.
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?

[

Old 08-10-2016, 09:21 AM

6,342 posts, read 6,048,398 times
Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race? Bury my nose in a good book, with some milk chocolate sea salt caramels near to hand. Escapism at it's finest!

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant?
pillows?
candy?

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other? A handsome chauffeur! Or an elephant.

Thanks, Ruth! It's SO humid and hot today, gah! On the plus side, the barn kitten that's been sick is better today.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:42 AM

6,719 posts, read 6,878,089 times
Mornin' all!

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
I would like to have a mountain cabin. It would be built over a fast moving stream. It would only be about 500 square feet in size. Since there is a fast moving stream there would be a small hydroelectric plant providing power. Oh yes, it would have a cheese storage room.

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant?
pillows?
candy?
I can see a mirror and a pillow. Sure wish I could see some candy.

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?
I would like to have a bus. A really big bus. I mean a really, really big bus. It would be nicer than nice on the inside. It would come with a driver and butler.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:54 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,081,479 times
Today's Question(s):
My bedroom.

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror? Yes
a feather?
a plant? Yes
something holding pencils and pens? Yes
pillows? Yes
candy? Yes

Just for Fun:
helicopter? Sure! At least I wouldn't have to worry about the horrible traffic if I had one of these.
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?

Old 08-10-2016, 10:12 AM

762 posts, read 416,745 times

Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.).
The bathroom.

Where
do you go when you want to get away from the rat race?
Practically anywhere, but the office. Do a lot of training for OCRs and take an occasional trailer trip.

Bonus Question(s):
a train? No
a birdhouse? No
a mirror? No
a feather? If a bird comes by.
a plant? Yes
something holding pencils and pens? Yes
pillows? No
candy? Yes

Just for Fun:
helicopter? Yes
submarine? No
dirigible? Maybe, not sure how safe I would feel though.
unicycle? No
other? Amphibious vehicle

Quote of the Day:
"The world is like that -- incomprehensible and full of surprises." ~ Jorge Amado ~ (Brazilian writer, also born today, 1912, d. Aug 8, 2001)

Very true
Have a good day everyone!

May it be fantastic.
cd :O)

Old 08-10-2016, 10:32 AM

31,304 posts, read 29,831,952 times

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
I don't have one............. Unless it would be just to leave the house and drive to my coffee shop. However the rat race is around us and always will be. I just remembered I can go to the garage and stay out there when I want to get away but it's usually hot inside during the summer time. If I want to be totally alone and away from everything, I can go for a hike in the mountain preserves a few blocks away from the house. There are several trail-heads that start here and take you all over the city and as far east as Scottsdale if I walk the main trail and go up and over Camelback Mtn.

Bonus Question(s):
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant? A tree outside the window that I planted a couple of years ago.
something holding pencils and pens? yes, a cup with pencils & pens in it on the desk.
pillows?
candy?

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other? I'd like to take a private plane to visit all the Pacific Islands that I wanted to see and stay on for as long as I felt like it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics