U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 03:59 AM

18,467 posts, read 6,367,172 times

Advertisements

Today's Questions:
What are some good places to walk for exercise?
The park, the beach, the woods, hiking trails.
Some people walk at malls. Do you ever go to the mall anymore?
Not very often. Only a handful of the stores sell merchandise that I'm interested in. Also, I really dislike those kiosks staffed with people who approach you and give you the hard sell.
Tell us anything that happened in a mall:
I spent too much on makeup.
Have you been to a mall that has fountains in it?
Not that I can recall. But one mall I visited in Portland, Oregon had its own ice skating rink.
Do you have a favorite decorative public fountain anywhere?
I don't have a favorite, but I like all the street fountains in downtown Portland.
How about any favorite typeface fonts?
--> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typeface
I've always liked Times New Roman.

Foodie Questions:
What foods and drinks do you like to see for sale at a mall food court?
There was a local restaurant called Tortola that used to sell their food at the mall nearest me. They had wonderful burritos and other Mexican dishes, very high quality. I would make a point of stopping there whenever I visited the mall. But then they went out of business, and mall food hasn't been the same for me since.

Extra:
Have you ever planned a funeral?
Yes, I helped plan my aunt's funeral, ordered the flowers and gave a eulogy. I also handled the arrangements for my mother's cremation and arranged for the interment of my stepfather's ashes, which she had been keeping in her bedroom closet.
Have you pre-planned and pre-paid any funerals?
No, but Mr. Bay and I need to take care of it soon.

Just for fun:
In your opinion why DID the chicken cross the road?
Because the rooster was on the other side.

Thanks, bjh!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 04:25 AM

11,176 posts, read 7,282,861 times
right across the street
we did at one time, before sunrise, before the place opened
like a ghost town, only the cleaners and other walkers around
yes
bellagio
i like regular

don't frequent those at all

nope X2

because the road crossed the chicken

Old 08-11-2016, 05:29 AM

15,803 posts, read 10,116,239 times
[/u]What are some good places to walk for exercise? foot paths out in nature

Some people walk at malls. Do you ever go to the mall anymore? i don't shop much but will go to a mall or, more often, a strip mall

Tell us anything that happened in a mall: food courts and meltdowns

Have you been to a mall that has fountains in it? yes

Do you have a favorite decorative public fountain anywhere? the first I thought of was the one at the point in Pittsburgh - it's literally decorative but not so much to the eye. Uhhhh. Ok I'll go cheap and easy and say the trevi fountain

How about any favorite typeface fonts? oh gosh don't get me started. I love hand written fonts and classic typography. Serif, sans serif, illuminated letters, you name it.

Foodie Questions:
What foods and drinks do you like to see for sale at a mall food court? cinnamonster - and how about a place for ice cream floats and fountain drinks

Extra:
Have you ever planned a funeral? ugh Jesus. Yes

Have you pre-planned and pre-paid any funerals? no

Just for fun:
In your opinion why DID the chicken cross the road? its not just an opinion, it's fact - and now I'm offended by how you phrased this so I refuse to tell! Harrumph!

Thanks and happy day all!

Old 08-11-2016, 06:40 AM

6,204 posts, read 4,454,798 times
supposed to get rain this weekend. So batten down the hatches, but first here are . . .

[b]Today's Questions:
What are some good places to walk for exercise? I like to walk in wooded areas.

Some people walk at malls. Do you ever go to the mall anymore? Not to walk.

Tell us anything that happened in a mall: nothing , except I've spent too much money

Have you been to a mall that has fountains in it? Yes

Do you have a favorite decorative public fountain anywhere? No

How about any favorite typeface fonts?

Foodie Questions:
What foods and drinks do you like to see for sale at a mall food court? Anything you want. I like a slice of pizza and a coke.

Extra:
Have you ever planned a funeral? I had a say in my Dad's funeral.

Have you pre-planned and pre-paid any funerals? No

Just for fun:
In your opinion why DID the chicken cross the road? To go to a mall.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:47 AM

20,545 posts, read 27,774,087 times
Today's Questions:
What are some good places to walk for exercise? Parks and schools.

Some people walk at malls. Do you ever go to the mall anymore? Not often. My husband and I just went to our local one to the jewelry store. As with all mall stores it was way overpriced.

Tell us anything that happened in a mall: My bike got stolen at one when I was a kid

Have you been to a mall that has fountains in it? Yes

Do you have a favorite decorative public fountain anywhere? haven't seen a public one in years.

How about any favorite typeface fonts? There are too many choices. I lean towards ones that are easy to read…I know boring right. All of the fancy ones always have at least one letter I don't like

Foodie Questions:
What foods and drinks do you like to see for sale at a mall food court? Pretzels and Icees

Extra:
Have you ever planned a funeral? No but I have checked into some information…what a rip

Have you pre-planned and pre-paid any funerals? No funeral for me…maybe cremation or body donation.

Just for fun:
In your opinion why DID the chicken cross the road? To get more food

Have a great day!!!

Old 08-11-2016, 06:51 AM

4,632 posts, read 2,820,762 times
We're supposed to get rain this weekend. So batten down the hatches, but first here are . . .

Today's Questions:
What are some good places to walk for exercise?............The field roads near my house. I also use my treadmill.

Some people walk at malls. Do you ever go to the mall anymore?............I seldom get to a mall these days.

Tell us anything that happened in a mall?................I bought some more shoes.

Have you been to a mall that has fountains in it?............Yes

Do you have a favorite decorative public fountain anywhere?............There aren't any close that I can think of.

How about any favorite typeface fonts?.............I like the modern ones.

Foodie Questions:
What foods and drinks do you like to see for sale at a mall food court?........I usually go for Chinese or a sub sandwich. Water or soda works for a drink.

Extra:
Have you ever planned a funeral?.........Sadly I've had to plan several of them.

Have you pre-planned and pre-paid any funerals?..........Not yet.

Just for fun:
In your opinion why DID the chicken cross the road?..............Because he was bored.

Today in History:
1929 Babe Ruth 1st baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run in Cleveland, Ohio
1937 Edith Wharton, American author of The Age of Innocence and other books, died in France at age 75
1942 Actress Hedy Lamarr received patent for frequency-hopping spread spectrum communications, basis for wireless technology
1959 Sheremetyevo International Airport, the second-largest airport in Russia, opened near Moscow
1968 Last steam train run on British Rail
2015 1st time in Major League Baseball history all 15 home teams won their game, previous record 12 in 1914

Today's Quote:
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
~ Edith Wharton, American author

Today’s Word:
font 1 [font] noun
1.a receptacle, usually of stone containing water, ex. used in baptism
2.a productive source, ex. He/she is a font of criticism, or wisdom, or ideas.
3.the reservoir for oil in a lamp
5.Archaic. a fountain
Origin - Middle English > Old English > Latin for spring or fountain
-
font 2 [font] noun
Printing. a complete assortment of type of one style and size
Origin - Middle French > Latin, a pouring, molding, casting, from Latin "fundere" to pour, akin to foundry

Today Includes:
Mountain Day (Japan)
Raspberry Tart Day

This Week Includes:
Elvis Week
Farmers' Market Week
Stop on Red Week

Today's Stately Picture:
Kansas. Sunrise near Riley, Kansas. So bright need some shades.

Made freely available on flickr.com by Garett Gabriel

Wishing you a Thursday so perfect it looks photoshopped!

Old 08-11-2016, 06:57 AM

122,206 posts, read 15,659,892 times
We're supposed to get rain this weekend. So batten down the hatches, but first here are . . .

Today's Questions:
What are some good places to walk for exercise? Inside a home steps up and down over and over again that is what I do on severe winter days.Otherwise walking in your neighborhood,malls early in the morning,local parks or hiking in a conservation park

Some people walk at malls. Do you ever go to the mall anymore? It has been quite a while and I really dislike them

Tell us anything that happened in a mall: Crying babies and toddlers and I turn to my husband and say "hihi not our kids",years back a fire drill it had to happen on a day I decided to go shopping

Have you been to a mall that has fountains in it? Yes I have

Do you have a favorite decorative public fountain anywhere? Not really

How about any favorite typeface fonts? The one I am using now and a few other ones.handwritten ones...

Foodie Questions:
What foods and drinks do you like to see for sale at a mall food court? I don't really know do not like the mall food tried it twice.....

Extra:
Have you ever planned a funeral? Yes

Have you pre-planned and pre-paid any funerals? No

Just for fun:
In your opinion why DID the chicken cross the road? Hmm it's mate was on the other side? Or it knew the vegetarian side was across the street and it knew it was safe once it crossed

Today in History:
1929 Babe Ruth 1st baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run in Cleveland, Ohio
1937 Edith Wharton, American author of The Age of Innocence and other books, died in France at age 75
1942 Actress Hedy Lamarr received patent for frequency-hopping spread spectrum communications, basis for wireless technology
1959 Sheremetyevo International Airport, the second-largest airport in Russia, opened near Moscow
1968 Last steam train run on British Rail
2015 1st time in Major League Baseball history all 15 home teams won their game, previous record 12 in 1914

Today's Quote:
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."

Today’s Word:
font 1 [font] noun
5.Archaic. a fountain
-
font 2 [font] noun
Origin - Middle French > Latin, a pouring, molding, casting, from Latin "fundere" to pour, akin to foundry

Today Includes:
Mountain Day (Japan)...I love my mountains
Raspberry Tart Day

This Week Includes:
Elvis Week
Farmers' Market Week
Stop on Red Week

Today's Stately Picture:....Gorgeous

Wishing you a Thursday so perfect it looks photoshopped!

Thank you bjh

Old 08-11-2016, 07:14 AM

25,710 posts, read 25,237,406 times
Malls, I've done them but don't really care for them, I'm not a mall person.
Funerals, I don't like thinking about them. 😢
Happy Thursday everyone!

Old 08-11-2016, 07:36 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,613,454 times

Today's Questions:
What are some good places to walk for exercise? I'm looking forward to walking the beach in Maine next week. Other than that, walking down and back up my dirt road, through the fields or the woods.

Some people walk at malls. Do you ever go to the mall anymore? Never cared much for going to a mall. The nearest mall is at least an hours drive & no, I don't go.

Tell us anything that happened in a mall: Stalking people coming out so we could get a parking space.

Have you been to a mall that has fountains in it? Have, I think.

Do you have a favorite decorative public fountain anywhere? Not especially decorative, but there is a small fountain in our town that was used years ago to water horses, then moved from the center of town when more people drove cars. A number of years ago it was moved back.

How about any favorite typeface fonts? Script

Foodie Questions:
What foods and drinks do you like to see for sale at a mall food court? Nothing for me at the food court, thanks.

Extra:
Have you ever planned a funeral? Both parents requested to not have funerals.

Have you pre-planned and pre-paid any funerals? Haven't

Just for fun:
In your opinion why DID the chicken cross the road? I don't know.... It had a death wish?

Today's Quote:

Today’s Word:
font 1 [font] noun
5.Archaic. a fountain
-
font 2 [font] noun

Today Includes:
Mountain Day (Japan)
Raspberry Tart Day

This Week Includes:
Elvis Week
Farmers' Market Week
Stop on Red Week

Today's Stately Picture:

Wishing you a Thursday so perfect it looks photoshopped! We're moving furniture to my daughter's apartment today. Wouldn't you know we'd choose the hottest day of the week to do this. Not looking forward....

Old 08-11-2016, 07:52 AM

3,948 posts, read 2,493,164 times
Today's Questions:
What are some good places to walk for exercise? My neighborhood.

Some people walk at malls. Do you ever go to the mall anymore? I haven't been to a mall for almost 10 years.

Tell us anything that happened in a mall: Santa visits!

Have you been to a mall that has fountains in it? I have. Back in my early working days in the US, I worked for a Children's Hospital and one of the local malls gave us all of the coins that were thrown into their fountain.

Do you have a favorite decorative public fountain anywhere? The one at the Bellagio is mesmerizing.

How about any favorite typeface fonts? I'm kind of partial to Bookman Old Style.

What foods and drinks do you like to see for sale at a mall food court? Coffee for me please.

Have you ever planned a funeral? Yes.

Have you pre-planned and pre-paid any funerals? Nope.

In your opinion why DID the chicken cross the road? To escape the frying pan!

Thanks bjh and happy day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics