Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 08:51 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times

Advertisements

~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today? Hi

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? Old fashioned light bulbs.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? Not freezer bags.
If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*)

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: Chicken wings, green beans, fried rice, egg rolls.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? Yes (*thumbs up*)

~ Please choose 3 different cheeses and one piece of fruit...plus one kind of cracker...for your FREE
'CHEESE PLATTER'...served to you right here in our Fill-In Cafe!:
Colby, sharp cheddar, creamy Swiss, tart apple, Ritz

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW? Yes, years ago. I liked the flavor, but not the caffeine.

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? Orange

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? Chocolate

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? Don't have one.

~ Free bagel for everybody! (Yayyyy!) What kind of bagel do you want and how would you like it? Onion
(We have everything you could ever want on a bagel!)

~ Did you watch on television:
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea?
Combat?
Outer Limits?
F-Troop?
Green Acres?
My Little Margie?
Hullabaloo?
What's My Line?
Howdy Doody?
ALF?

Add your own oldie but goodies here!:
Dick Van Dyke Show, No Time for Sergeants, Andy Griffith Show

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 08:58 AM

903 posts, read 583,535 times
Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today?
Heaven-O!!!

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas?
I tend to like it bright.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*)
We use to by "freezer" bags. I honestly don't know if what we buy now are "freezer" rated or not. But we get them bulk box at Costco and I believe they are made by Glad.

~ Please place your order for Chinese food:
Before becoming a Vegan, general chicken. Now, vegetable fried rice.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language?
Probably would be kind of scary actually. I'm sure they would have some not so nice things to say.

~ Please choose 3 different cheeses and one piece of fruit...plus one kind of cracker...for your FREE
I have a dairy allergy, so cheese has to be vegan. I homemade vegan cheese once, remained me of bacon Cheez Whiz. For the fruit, maybe Kiwi and for the cracker, a trisket.

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW?
Way to many. Caused lots of damage to my throat.

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop?
Ha! I think we call those popsicle. The Brits call them Ice Lollies. I look natural fruit: mango, peach, kiwi

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!?
Classic chocolate

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion?
Probably a good idea, but we haven't done it.

~ Free bagel for everybody! (Yayyyy!) What kind of bagel do you want and how would you like it?
I like what they call the "everything" bagel which is a bunch of seeds, dried garlic, and dried onion.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea? - I think so

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF?

Miami Vice, MacGyver, Hardcastle and McCormick, Knight Rider, Stingray and so many others that could be listed.

*** Whoaaa...check out the purpley grape sign-off! Wheeee! Have an awesome grape Fryday and a even grapier weekend! ***

Nice color, but I am an orange fine. I do like the
purpley grape and orange together though.

Have an awesome Friday and fantastic weekend. Our youngest turns 14 and I have a training run, around 12-miles.

cd :O)

[/quote]

Old 08-12-2016, 09:10 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today?
Namaste

Soft, maybe bright for reading.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*)
I don't care, usually Zip Lock.

Nothing spicy

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language?
Yes, but George would talk too much

Goat Cheese with blueberries, sharp cheddar, Gouda, Gluten free crackers.

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? Chocolate or Cherry

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? Mulch everywhere, no weed eating

~ Free bagel for everybody! (Yayyyy!) What kind of bagel do you want and how would you like it?
Regular toasted bagel with strawberry cream cheese!!

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo? Some.

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF?

*** Whoaaa...check out the purpley grape sign-off! Wheeee! Have an awesome grape Fryday and a even grapier weekend! ***

Old 08-12-2016, 09:21 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
what's your greeting for everyone here today? good morning/afternoon

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? lots of sunlight coming in the windows most of the time however in the evening I like to use "white" LED bulbs. All of the lights in the house have been changed to these "white" LED to include the kitchen florescent tubes that I had, I was able to find and buy some LED tubes that worked out very well.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. I've been using the vac&seal type that suck all the air out of the bag and then seal it, place it in the freezer for a much longer time.

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: Chicken rice bowl with veggies & brown rice.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? no,,, too scary

CHEESE PLATTER...served to you right here in our Fill-In Cafe!: I like Swiss cheese and a piece of ham on a cracker but not with fruit....

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW? Yes, but that was many years ago before I know what was in it. Too much sugar! to start with and the rest of the drink isn't healthy and leads to problems when used over long periods of time. I'll pass on drinking it.

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? grape

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? cherry

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? it's good to have there and keep the moisture in the soil, also holds down the weeds.

(We have everything you could ever want on a bagel!) blueberry with cream cheese

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF?

Add your own oldie but goodies here!: M*A*S*H

Enjoy the day and weekend, stay safe!

Old 08-12-2016, 10:30 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,482,511 times
~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today? Hi! Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? Bright if I'm reading a book. I have bad eyesight. Low lighting if I'm watching TV.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*) ziplock

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: crab Rangoon and I like anything with noodles and seafood.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? Yes

'CHEESE PLATTER'...served to you right here in our Fill-In Cafe!: sharp cheddar, Colby jack, Swiss. Garlic butter Ritz crackers. Sweet Apple.

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW? Yes

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? Cherry

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? I don't garden

(We have everything you could ever want on a bagel!) plain, lightly toasted with cream cheese on it

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop? Yes

Green Acres? Yes

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF? Yes

Add your own oldie but goodies here!: Carol Burnett. The Red Skelton show. So many more!

[/quote]

Old 08-12-2016, 10:58 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Whats shakin.

Soft light, frosted bulbs.

The freezer bags are from Costco, they do the job.

Anything spicy with won ton soup, fried rice and hot mustard.

There are times it would be nice.

Jalapeno, Habanero and Ghost cheeses with Waverly Wafer crackers and a few grapes.

No way.

Anything berry.

Orange

It works as advertised.

A plain bagel with a dollop of cheese and a few jalapeños.

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF?

MASH, Laugh In, 12 O'Clock High, 77 Sunset Strip, A-Team, Adam 12, Dragnet, Airwolf, Happy Days, McHale's Navy, Mission Impossible.

Have a GRAPE week Roosty.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:55 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times
~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today? Happy Fryday everyone!

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? I prefer table lamps to overhead lighting.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*) I buy whichever of the "zip" closure ones that are on sale.

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: Salt and Pepper Shrimp with fried rice thanks.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? It really would, though there are occasions when I don't think I'd like to hear what they're thinking! They hate it when I go away for a few nights and they're usually pretty ticked off with me when I come home. They also hate having visitors!

'CHEESE PLATTER'...served to you right here in our Fill-In Cafe!: Brie, blue and Swiss cheese, Milton's crackers and grapes thanks.

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW? I have and don't mind it. However, I'm really not a soda drinker and might only have one or two a year if there are no other beverage choices.

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? Like a slurpee? I'll take blue raspberry thanks.

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? Don't know that I've ever had one -- is there just a regular Tootsie roll flavor?

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? I'd rather just have the lovely dirt showing.

~ Free bagel for everybody! (Yayyyy!) What kind of bagel do you want and how would you like it? (We have everything you could ever want on a bagel!) I'd like a cheese and jalapeno pepper one with plain cream cheese thanks.

We didn't have TV in New Zealand until I was in college so I never saw any of these shows. I have seen reruns of Green Acres, but not the others.

Thanks Mr. Roosty and happy weekend to you all!

Old 08-12-2016, 01:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times

Hi, I'm "new" to the OT sub. I came here at the recommendation of one of your "regulars"...(you know who you are & thank you!) He was right; you guys ARE nice here!

I'm a medical "vampire" (microcytic anemia with frequent blood transfusions, heat & light sensitive) so NO direct sunlight. Everything else is bueno...

I wish I was organized enough to get to that point where I did this. It would save me time, energy & $$ though, so I'll be reading what everybode else writes!

Spring rolls & white rice...maybe a few wontons? I typically order Japanese though. (Yakitori, rice, soba & roasted chestnuts right off a vendors cart in Tokyo...my dad swears that is the Food of the Gods)

My dog already THINKS she does. I have a disabled child who it seems has a direct line to animals...they get on just fine!

Feta, Cream Cheese & marinated Mozzarella Fresca. Saltines....Are olives fruit? I want olives, please.

No.

Funny you ask...I just quit. I drank very little water & only had popsicles for hydration every day for almost 2 years...another dumb anemia thing.

I don't know.

I don't know again...I have a "black thumb"...as long as I am not in the garden; it will be ok.

Plain & toasted. With gobs of butter AND plain cream cheese!

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF?

Yes! I watched ALF!

Little House on the Prarie.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:02 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today? Have a groovy day!

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? Table lamps, nothing too bright

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*) Ziplocks

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: Pork fried rice, chinese vegetables in brown sauce

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? They might end up having too many opinions and requests.

Comté, Swiss, Smoked Gouda
Carr's Table Water Crackers
Red seedless grapes

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? No, thank you

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? shredded mulch

Plain toasted bagel with cream cheese

Combat?

Outer Limits?

F-Troop?

Green Acres?

My Little Margie?

Hullabaloo?

What's My Line?

Howdy Doody?

ALF?

Andy Griffith, Petticoat Junction, Hazel, My Three Sons

Have a groovy kind of evening!

Old 08-12-2016, 02:24 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
~ Hi...what's your greeting for everyone here today? Hang Tight, All! The hot and muggy summer is coming to an end!

~ What's your idea of nice, comfortable lighting in your home areas? I like overhead lighting, with floor lamps in strategic places. My current house has fancy track lighting, and I can't see anything when it's dark.

~ Do you buy 'freezer bags' that give protection to the foods that you freeze? If you do...maybe you can spill the beans about what type they are...specifics. (*smiley face*) No, but probably should. The only time I bought freezer bags was when freezing textiles to kill insects (a museum tip for all of you. But don't do it unless you are sure the humidity in the bag is below 40% and be sure to double bag).

~ Please place your order for Chinese food: I don't know enough about names of the foods. My local restaurant has an excellent tofu vegetable dish in broth with noodles. I also like mushroom and fish dishes. Wow, I have a lot to learn in this subject area! I do like most Chinese food.

~ Wouldn't it be nice if cats, dogs and the farm animals could speak to you, verbally, in your language? It would only be useful when they're sick and could tell me what's wrong. Otherwise it's nice not to have to converse.

'CHEESE PLATTER'...served to you right here in our Fill-In Cafe!: Yum. Howsa bout Havarti, Edam, and Swiss with purple seedless grapes and Breton crackers. But really, all cheese is good cheese.

~ Have you ever drank a MOUNTAIN DEW? Yepper.

~ What kind of ice pop is a good ice pop? Is that the same thing as a popsicle? I only like the berry flavors, not the citrus flavors. The best flavor is red.

~ What flavor Tootsie Pop is best!? Ditto. Red is best. Not orange, not purple, not green, but nice solid red.

~ 'Mulch' in the garden....what's your opinion? Good! But don't do plain straw because you'll get all the weeds that were in the field too (based on experience )

(We have everything you could ever want on a bagel!) Oh, I SO miss bagels! That's one of the main disadvantage of living in the boonies in the Midwest. I want real pumpernickel cut in half, slavered with cream cheese then lox on top. I'm going to have to make an urban trip just to find some good bagels!!!

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea? Maybe 100 years ago???

Combat?

Outer Limits? I think some episodes???

F-Troop? Yes!!!

Green Acres? Yes!!!

My Little Margie? Nope, I think that's one I'm actually too young for.

Hullabaloo? Didn't see it at the time but have seen epis on-line.

What's My Line? Yes! Alan Ludon was a smart guy. Betty White has always irritated me, though. Kitty Carlisle had major helmet hair!

Howdy Doody? A little too young for it but when working for Mr. Autry we did collect Howdy artifacts.

ALF? Could have but didn't. Snore.

Add your own oldie but goodies here!: Petticoat Junction. I frequently sing to myself: "And there's old Uncle Joe, he's a movin' kinda slow, at the Junction!"

Happy Day, All! I did an estate sale rather than an auction today. Too expensive!!!!!

Thanks Roosty! May all your popsicles be Red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics