Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 09:43 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times

Advertisements

Hello again everyone...it's once again time to pull up a chair, grab your favorite stuff out of your stash and scratch your head wonderin', 'what the heck am I doing this for'...... - Hmm.. I don't have a chair.. but a couch.. and I hurt myself trying to pull it up...

~ Make up a goofy pick-up line to say to the opposite sex: - Pick-up Lines... does that have anything to do with Pick-up Trucks?

~ Which mountain ranges have you been to or through? - I tried to go through a mountain one time... but my shovel broke... - Too many to mention, my favorite are the Bradshaw Mountain range (7,800 feet above sea level) just north of Phoenix.

~ List a few card games that you know how to play and enjoy: - Monopoly.. It has the Get-Out-Of-Jail cards... Does that count?

~ Have you ever used a bird call? - Yeah.. I called a bird a few names and he repeated them...

~ Do you ever use a pay vacuum cleaner at a service station or car wash? - Nah... I keep putting money in it and it doesn't do anything.. so I gave up...

~ How about a song or 3 that makes you think good times from your past? - Any rock song from the 1970s or the 1980s..

~ What stuff is good in your ice cream? - A Cone.. or a spoon?

~ What will you do with your 'brand new steel wool pad!' ? (we can't afford to give away new cars.) - Well.. I wouldn't use it to wax my car.. or truck..

~ Where would be a good place to go get a buzz? - A bee hive.. the bees always tell me to Buzz off...

*** Nice Fryday wishes of happiness and special vittles all weekend long...and beyond! ***
Thank you everybody and that includes Millie, too!

Thanks Rainroosty... and Millie.. Whoever she is... Have a good Fryday everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 10:07 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
~ Name something that would be fun to toss in a toilet bowl, just to see if it will get clogged up!:LOL I don't think I would want my toilet to clog up, but just for fun I'll say Jello!

~ Make up a goofy pick-up line to say to the opposite sex:Are those space pants you are wearing? Becuase you look out of this world! I didn't make that one up, but I actually heard some guy use it on a girl.

~ Which mountain ranges have you been to or through?Santa Catalina Mountains, The White Mountains, The Superstition Mountains, Santa Rita Mountains, Rincon Mountains, The Rocky Mountains, Sierra Nevada, Black Hills, Appalachian Mountains,Blue Ridge Mountains...I think there are more but I cannot remember at this time.

~ List a few card games that you know how to play and enjoy:Spoons, Crazy Eights, Hearts, Solitaire,

~ Where do you see the largest puddles during or after a big rain?Our concreted slab has a corner that doesn't drain properly and it always has a HUGE puddle after a rain.

~ Have you ever used a bird call?No

~ Do you ever use a pay vacuum cleaner at a service station or car wash?No

~ Leave a snack...whatever you choose to leave...to see if Millie the dog in New Jersey eats it (only good things!):Roasted crickets or a large butchers bone.

~ Have you seen a raccoon in the past couple of months?Sadly I hit one this morning on my way to work. It literally ran right in front of my car. I cried the whole way to work. It breaks my heart when things like that happen.

~ How about a song or 3 that makes you think good times from your past?Love song by The Cure, Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison, Got Love To Kill by Juliette Lewis

~ What stuff is good in your ice cream?I am a plain vanilla girl. No stuff thanks.

~ Something that would be neato as an all-you-can-eat dealo:All you can eat macaroni and cheese or sushi

~ What will you do with your 'brand new steel wool pad!' ? (we can't afford to give away new cars.)Hmmmmm

~ Where would be a good place to go get a buzz?Depends.... are we talking alcoholic or hair? LOL

~ A music album that has some sort of sound effects on it:Michael Jacksons Thriller

~ Any book that you treasure, or would if you had it:One Second After by William Forstchen. I met him and he signed my book and talked with me for quite some time. He is a very nice man as well as interesting to speak with.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:10 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
~ Make up a goofy pick-up line to say to the opposite sex: - The ones I keep hearing from women are..
No..
I'm busy Saturday night..
Don't bother me..
I'll have you arrested if you don't stop talking to me...
And those were the NICE pick-up lines... I can't repeat the other ones...

Old 08-26-2016, 10:46 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Hello again everyone...it's once again time to pull up a chair, grab your favorite stuff out of your stash and scratch your head wonderin', 'what the heck am I doing this for'......

~ Name something that would be fun to toss in a toilet bowl, just to see if it will get clogged up!: I'll have to ask my grandson. He is a champion at this. It's even more fun when the toilet is on the second floor.

~ Make up a goofy pick-up line to say to the opposite sex: I have absolutely no clue. Too long ago.

~ Which mountain ranges have you been to or through? As far as primary ranges, I've been in the Rockies, the Appalachians, the Chilean Andes and the edge of the Atlas Mountains in Morocco.

~ List a few card games that you know how to play and enjoy: I truly never learned any card games, even in the military service.

~ Where do you see the largest puddles during or after a big rain? Upon my return from New Mexico this past Wednesday, there were huge puddles in the middle of our west Texas dirt road up to the farm. My rain gauge had 2.1" showing in it. I don't know when the rain fell but I had to 4-wheel it to the house.

~ Have you ever used a bird call? I can only recall using a turkey call. Gobble gobble...

~ Do you ever use a pay vacuum cleaner at a service station or car wash? A long time ago I did.

~ Leave a snack...whatever you choose to leave...to see if Millie the dog in New Jersey eats it (only good things!): Ham and cheese?

~ Have you seen a raccoon in the past couple of months? Nope. Not many of those critters around here.

~ How about a song or 3 that makes you think good times from your past?
I met my wife in 1968, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ga9Bs4fzSY

~ What stuff is good in your ice cream? Chopped walnuts.

~ Something that would be neato as an all-you-can-eat dealo: Cantonese.

~ What will you do with your 'brand new steel wool pad!' ? (we can't afford to give away new cars.) I'd probably clean antique tractor parts.

~ Where would be a good place to go get a buzz? Right here at my PC. There's a fly in the room.

~ A music album that has some sort of sound effects on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unSrf-htPbk

~ Any book that you treasure, or would if you had it: I hesitate to say I treasure it but I do enjoy having an original 1844 edition of the book called The Memoirs of Elder Jesse Mercer by C.D. Mallary. Jesse Mercer (1769-1841) was a cousin, numerous times removed.

Thanks RR for your time to prepare these great questions. I hope everyone has a great, and safe, weekend.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:48 AM

903 posts, read 583,535 times
Hello again everyone...it's once again time to pull up a chair, grab your favorite stuff out of your stash and scratch your head wonderin', 'what the heck am I doing this for'......
I enjoy these posts far more than any others on the forum.

~ Name something that would be fun to toss in a toilet bowl, just to see if it will get clogged up!:
Bouncy Balls

~ Make up a goofy pick-up line to say to the opposite sex:
Thankfully I am happily married and don't have to worry about these.
"Hey, you look kind of dry, can I help quench your thirst?"

~ Which mountain ranges have you been to or through?
Most of them, I don't know their names, but have gone up and over the sierra, can in and out of UT, been through Yellowstone to Wyoming, been over the Rockies, and have been over the range in Southern Cal.

~ List a few card games that you know how to play and enjoy:
Hearts, Texas Hold 'em, 31?, Up-and-down-the-River, War, Rummoli

~ Where do you see the largest puddles during or after a big rain?
Areas where the drains get plugged

~ Have you ever used a bird call?
No~ Do you ever use a pay vacuum cleaner at a service station or car wash?
Yes

~ Leave a snack...whatever you choose to leave...to see if Millie the dog in New Jersey eats it (only good things!):
Bacon Biscuits

~ Have you seen a raccoon in the past couple of months?
It has been about 6-months

Lots of 80s music takes me back to good times: 38-Special, Styx, Def Leppard, etc.

~ What stuff is good in your ice cream?
I need non-Dairy Fro-Yo. Mochi, Blueberries, Nuts, Dark Chocolate chips, Granola, Cherry Pie topping.

~ Something that would be neato as an all-you-can-eat dealo:
A Fry bar

~ What will you do with your 'brand new steel wool pad!' ? (we can't afford to give away new cars.)
clean some pots and pans

~ Where would be a good place to go get a buzz?
A run in the hills

Anything by Weird Al

~ Any book that you treasure, or would if you had it:
The Bible and Compassionate Capitalism

*** Nice Fryday wishes of happiness and special vittles all weekend long...and beyond! ***
Today is Food Truck mania. Yummy!!!

Have a fantastic Weekend.
cd :O)

Old 08-26-2016, 11:04 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times

~ Name something that would be fun to toss in a toilet bowl, just to see if it will get clogged up!:
A large loofah sponge.

How ya doin'......

Spades, rummy etc...

In low spots...

Yes, for turkey. ~ Do you ever use a pay vacuum cleaner at a service station or car wash?
I have ....

~ Leave a snack...whatever you choose to leave...to see if Millie the dog in New Jersey eats it (only good things!):
Bacon..

Only on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwN60xWnfhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0xpkk0yaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDZuPK63HKI

Caramel syrup.

Rib=eye and asparagus.

~ What will you do with your 'brand new steel wool pad!' ? (we can't afford to give away new cars.)
Store it in a dry place for emergencies.

In the garden.

Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Old 08-26-2016, 11:08 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Ahh, no, cost me and the insurance company lots of bucks a few years ago.

Give it a bit of a go, your mother will never know.

Rockies, Cascades, Olympics, Sierras, El Yunque, Cerro de Punta, San Gabriels and San Bernardinos.

Go Fish, Black Jack, Solitare, Canasta and Crazy 8.

On the freeway.

No

~ Do you ever use a pay vacuum cleaner at a service station or car wash?
No

Ham bone with a little meat.

Only on You Tube

Mabeline, The Girl Can't Help It.

Blueberries

Ice cream

Stuff it in the damn gopher holes.

Nicks barber shop and bar.

Train sound effects.

Some picture albums that have been lost.

Thanx Roosty.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:50 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
[quote=rainroosty;45268182]Hello again everyone...it's once again time to pull up a chair, grab your favorite stuff out of your stash and scratch your head wonderin', 'what the heck am I doing this for'......

A tennis ball.

Back in my crazy days in my 20's I was at this party on a farm. I caught this rooster and was walking around with it and this really sexy thing made a comment about well you know. So I asked him if he wanted to swap, well you know. He said yes and I said not on your best day.
I lived in the Sierra Nevada mountains for about a year and I had that Rocky mountain high in Breckenridge. My heart rate never dropped below 120 for two days straight. I've been in the western mountains of Maine. Ah Sugarloaf.

Uno, poker, Kings in the corner, solitaire.

After. Our town gets some horrendous floods.
No.

Yes all the time.

My spoiled boys get their dental chew chew and a dog biscuit every night. They harass me until I get it for them.

I saw it's muddy paw print in my garden. I can't keep it out of my yard.
Jackie Blue takes me right back to high school. Midnight Confession takes me back to a basketball game when I was in junior high and the first time I ever heard that song. Red Rubber Ball takes me to the play ground at 6am when my friend and I were sneaky and left her house during a sleep over. The sun was up and we were listening to it on a transistor radio swinging on the swings.

Walnuts and anything that has to do with big hunks of chocolate.

Lobster.

Scrub pots and pans
My house

Something by Pink Floyd. Love those bells.
That would be What Color id Your Parachute by Richard Bolles. I read it in my early 20's and it helped make me who I am today. I met him once and he was very inspirational.

Thanks roosty.

No roller skating today. John wanted to work on our deck makeover instead. We've had so many rain and hot weather delays and the teenagers are coming tomorrow

I've missed you guys.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:00 PM

7,335 posts, read 2,742,977 times
~ Name something that would be fun to toss in a toilet bowl, just to see if it will get clogged up!: Not a thing! I've had to unclog one too many times after raising three kids and having grandkids in the house!

~ Which mountain ranges have you been to or through? The Rockies, The Great Smoky Mountains and Denali

~ List a few card games that you know how to play and enjoy: Various versions of solitaire, blackjack, canasta

~ Where do you see the largest puddles during or after a big rain? The streets

~ Have you ever used a bird call? No

~ Do you ever use a pay vacuum cleaner at a service station or car wash? I have

~ Leave a snack...whatever you choose to leave...to see if Millie the dog in New Jersey eats it (only good things!): I don't know about Millie, but my little one will eat anything! She loves tomatoes.

~ Have you seen a raccoon in the past couple of months? Not in the past couple of months

~ How about a song or 3 that makes you think good times from your past? Way too many to list. To Love Somebody by the Bee Gees; Bridge Over Troubled Water; Midnight Confessions by The Grass Roots; Annie's Song by John Denver; of course, I Am Woman by Helen Reddy, The Turtles, The Hollies, The Beatles, Chad and Jeremy, The Eagles, and on and on and on. My whole growing up was defined by the music I listened to and the books I read.

~ What stuff is good in your ice cream? Chopped nuts, bananas

~ Something that would be neato as an all-you-can-eat dealo: Tacos

~ What will you do with your 'brand new steel wool pad!' ? (we can't afford to give away new cars.) Clean my stainless steel sinks

~ Any book that you treasure, or would if you had it: I treasure all of my books.

Thanks Roosty. Happy weekend to all.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:29 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times

~ List a few card games that you know how to play and enjoy: 500 Rummy--that is about it.

~ Leave a snack...whatever you choose to leave...to see if Millie the dog in New Jersey eats it (only good things!): chopped vegetables

~ What stuff is good in your ice cream? chocolate syrup, chopped nuts, cherry

~ Any book that you treasure, or would if you had it: My Ralph Waldo Emerson essay book

I am sleepy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics