U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 01:38 AM

16,496 posts, read 14,019,613 times

Advertisements

~ Do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here?

~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat?

~ Did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory)

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE?

~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads?

~ What is a GRAND MAC?

~
Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!)

~ Any kind of drink that you like from any particular shoppe?

~ One place that you remember having good buns:

~ Describe a new emoticon (, , etc.) that you would like to have available here, to the side of the page:

~ Is your bed nice and comfy? Any wishes for something else for it?

~ What are your thoughts about horseradish?

~ What do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey?

~ What bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming Thanksgiving weekend?

***** Whoaaa! What's that smellin' mighty good comin' from the kitchen? *****
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 01:47 AM

114,774 posts, read 57,749,623 times
~ Do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here?
Been very slow lately.

~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat?
Turkey dinner of course!

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE?
Lengthwise down the center.~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads?
Ice tea as always.

~ What is a GRAND MAC?
Beats me!

~
Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!)
Neither.

The beach!

~ Describe a new emoticon (, , etc.) that you would like to have available here, to the side of the page:
Palms up and Palms over the face. That's 2....

No and a new bed would be nice.

Maybe used in some recipes.

I love it, no dislikes.

~ What bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming Thanksgiving weekend?
Honey wheat.

Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 11-18-2016 at 01:55 AM..

Old 11-18-2016, 01:49 AM

18,344 posts, read 6,304,293 times
No *fingers crossed*

I'm being lazy this year and ordering a precooked holiday meal from Whole Foods. All I need to do is add a green vegetable and make some whipped cream for the pie.

No, and I don't miss it.

I cut it lengthwise along the top, push gently on each end to open it up and add butter, chives, salt, pepper, etc.
Nothing right now, but I would like a glass of water.

~ What is a GRAND MAC?
Spoiler
It's a new menu item from McDonalds.

~
I'd rather keep the same size and pay more.

I like prosecco at my favorite Italian restaurant.

My mother's house.

I wish there was one to express disbelief.

Yes, I really like my bed. It is from a local company called McRoskey that's been around since before the 1906 earthquake. It was manufactured right here in San Francisco. Best bed I've ever slept on.

I used to dislike it, but now I've developed a taste for it - in moderation. It is good added to salad dressings.

Like: The flavor, the aroma, the leftovers.
Dislike: The mess, the length of time it takes to roast, the awkwardness of carving.

Whole wheat

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 11-18-2016, 01:55 AM

2,609 posts, read 1,106,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here? i do with my android tablet. Hard to type into it and... Just don't like it.)

~ are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat? don't know. I've been sick all week with little appetite.

~ did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory) one, i think. More is coming, i'm sure.

~ when you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato style? usually cut it lengthwise first then across.

~ what, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads? if i have anything it's usually a soft drink. If it's in the morning, likely coffee.

~ what is a grand mac? is this one of those things i'd be stupid to not know? Or just too sick to think?

~
would you rather that foods in the market be downsized or go up a bit in price? (being specific is fine and dandy!) it all depends on the product. I really get annoyed with something downsized too much, and even more annoyed when a product has had both.

~ any kind of drink that you like from any particular shoppe? not really.

~ one place that you remember having good buns: yes, in new orleans where i enjoyed a muffuletta.

~ describe a new emoticon (, , etc.) that you would like to have available here, to the side of the page: peace sign (fingers, not the circle). There have been times when i would have loved to use a middle finger..... Never mind!

~ is your bed nice and comfy? Any wishes for something else for it? comfy yes. Needs clean sheets but i'll wait until i'm better.

~ what are your thoughts about horseradish? not a fan.

~ what do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey? turkey isn't my favorite but i like the white meat when it's moist. Makes good sandwiches.

~ what bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming thanksgiving weekend? hawaiian rolls, good white or wheat on the side for sandwiches.

***** whoaaa! What's that smellin' mighty good comin' from the kitchen? ***** your imagination. :d
tgif!

Old 11-18-2016, 02:27 AM

35,934 posts, read 35,898,549 times
I saw the movie Krakatoa East of Java in the movie theater when I was a teen.

Not right now. Problems usually follow Microsoft updates.

~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat? No.

~ Did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory) No.

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE? I cut it in the kitchen. Butter or sour cream.

~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads? What doo dads?

~ What is a GRAND MAC?

Never heard of it so I looked it up. It was tested in Dallas and Columbus, Ohio, earlier this year, and is being rolled out in Florida and Pittsburgh now. The rest of us won't see it until next year.

~ Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!) go up in price.

I like banana milk shakes from Dumser's in Ocean City, Maryland but since I don't live there, I always hope some fast food place will offer banana shakes.

~ One place that you remember having good buns: Long Island bakeries.

An "I'm Kidding" emoticon especially but not only for the people who don't recognize hyperbole when they read it...usually in the P&OC forum. You know, if you say, "UGH, there were gazillions of people on the road today," they come back with "That's not true. There were only 27,324 according to the weather channel." They don't recognize obvious exaggeration to make a point, in this example, to convey "a lot."

~ Is your bed nice and comfy? yes. Any wishes for something else for it? no

~ What are your thoughts about horseradish? like it.

~ What do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey? I only like the sliced white meat. Not big on turkey.

If I was in NY, I'd like hard rolls with poppy seeds fresh from a real bakery. Here, I'll have sliced white bread.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:54 AM

44,815 posts, read 64,126,307 times
I access from home, or work. No problems.

Not sure yet. Too much cooking for two. We might go out to eat. I like Thanksgiving buffet. Wide selection of things to try.

Yeah, it went right into the recycling bin.

I rarely eat baked potato, I always peel it before cutting and stuffing.

Hot tea!

~ What is a GRAND MAC?
A heart attack on a plate?

~
In a grocery store - however you look at it, it's the same thing. When the product is downsized you just pay same price for less. So, if you pay the same price for less of the product, then it means the product still cost you more, and it's usually of lesser quality too...
But I would like to see food servings downsized in restaurants, and served on regular 8" plates like in 1960's!

I don't buy any drinks anywhere, except when I go out to eat or drink...

Mostly everywhere, overseas. Bread products in the US suck!

<<<

My bed is comfy, just got a great mattress.

Love it! Just wonder why it's not a common condiment here.

I don't like turkey. Period. White meat turkey has no taste. Its slabs of dry, fibrous material are more like cardboard conveyances, useful only for transporting flavorsome food like stuffing and gravy from plate to mouth.

German full grain, organic artisan bread. Preferably dark rye.

Thank you, roosty! You brought the holiday spirit here!
Have an awesome Friday, everyone!
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; 11-18-2016 at 11:39 AM..

Old 11-18-2016, 03:27 AM

6,848 posts, read 10,670,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Turkey or ham or royal reds (shrimp) or stuffed flounder or crab cakes or a roast on the rotisserie or two or more of those listed... decisions, decisions!

Actually, we get two each year, both small that cover most of the same area w/only a few outliers different, don't really know why!

Sliced down the middle & fluffed up w/butter, sour cream, cheese & chives

Coffee, if any

~ What is a GRAND MAC?
A larger Big Mac from McD's

~
Would like to be able to buy bone-in chicken breasts that were normal size like we used to be able to get instead of these boneless big fat ones plumped up w/who knows what that are most everywhere now, nowhere near the flavor they used to have! And no price-raising please!

Two come to mind... Fuddruckers that bake their own and the fresh-baked wheat rolls at Spring Creek BBQ

Am fine w/those we have.

~ Is your bed nice and comfy?
Any wishes for something else for it?

Love horseradish, especially mixed w/ketchup for a cocktail sauce for shrimp or in a horseradish sauce w/sour cream for roast/prime rib, the more ('til it takes your breath away) all the better!

Like the white turkey breast meat but none of the dark meat and yuck, yuck on the giblets !

Whatever good stuff I can find!

Thanks Roosty for Friday's QotD, hope you have a wonderful & yummy Thanksgiving Day & dinner!

Wishing all of you a very nice day, enjoy!

Old 11-18-2016, 03:46 AM

10,892 posts, read 1,810,015 times
~ Do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here? yes, it's very old and messed up, i am praying everyday for it to last a little longer - pray with me

~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat? what's a "good meal"? do you often have "bad meals"? do you mean "good meal" "fancy meal" in a restaurant? if yes, no, if no then i don't know what you meant....

~ Did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory) nope or maybe yes, i don't know

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE? cut it in the middle and put a good chunk of butter in it, topped with cream

~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads? don't have any

~ What is a GRAND MAC? i don't know

~ Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!) huh? i don't go much in the market (never actually these days, weeks, ...months), so yeah.....

~ Any kind of drink that you like from any particular shoppe? nope

~ One place that you remember having good buns: never had "buns".... or maybe i did but it certainly isn't called that in french... dunno, i don't seem to know much today

~ Describe a new emoticon (, , etc.) that you would like to have available here, to the side of the page: the emoticon "banging head", because sometime i really feel the urge to forget some people dumb comments by banging my head so hard i'll fall unconscious for a while, i'd use it extensively

~ Is your bed nice and comfy? Any wishes for something else for it? no, it's just an OK bed i guess, one person and small, nothing great about it, these days i actually sleep on the floor and i like it better (i can't fall lower than the damn floor)

~ What do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey? i am a picky eater, what i dislike is the "roasted" part, fried turkey or something is okay though.

~ What bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming Thanksgiving weekend? we don't do thanksgiving in france but a good old baguette cut diagonally is fine

Last edited by toosie; 11-18-2016 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: TOS - deleted profanity

Old 11-18-2016, 03:57 AM

9,889 posts, read 7,222,002 times
~ Do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here? - Nope

~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat? - Nothing planned but I often have good meals.
I might cook a salmon dinner on Thursday since I have the day off.

~ Did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory) - I don't remember the last time I saw one of those.

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE? - Butter the outside first, always. Then I cut into about 8 pieces.
A thin slice of butter over what I cut.

~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads? - N/A

~ What is a GRAND MAC? - No idea.

~ Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!) - Depends...

~ Any kind of drink that you like from any particular shoppe? - N/A

~ One place that you remember having good buns: - N/A

~ Describe a new emoticon (, , etc.) that you would like to have available here, to the side of the page: - D/K

~ Is your bed nice and comfy? Any wishes for something else for it? - Very comfortable.
The only wish I have for it is a special lady to share it with, at least once in a while. My bed is king size so it's big enough for two.

~ What are your thoughts about horseradish? - By very rare chance if it's in front of me I won't use it.

~ What do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey? - Rare I have any. I notice it on Balducci's food bar every once on a while (when I visit which isn't often) and I'll go for the white meat.
I dislike that there are no mushrooms for me to put on top of it.

~ What bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming Thanksgiving weekend? - 7 Grain Crunch from Spring Mill Bakery is my favorite and I am due to buy a loaf.
The only sandwich I will likely have next weekend is my egg, cheese, sauteed mushroom and garlic sandwich that I am so fond of. The best ever.

Thanks, Raisroosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Old 11-18-2016, 04:30 AM

11,135 posts, read 7,228,999 times
double line spaces added when using IE
yes, turkey sandwich (Capriotti's The Bobbie)
probably, it goes in the recycle bin
down the center
coffee
no idea
no change
mcdonald's coffee
steak house
only blue, like s/he's holding their breath
yes, nope
love it
nothing
french
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics