Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 10:11 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

SYDNEY, Australia - An armed robber picked the wrong target when he raided an Australian bar where a biker gang was holding a meeting. He ended up hog-tied and in a hospital.

The man and an accomplice, wearing ski masks and waving machetes, stormed into a club in a western Sydney suburb shortly before 9 p.m. Wednesday and yelled at patrons to lie down as they tried to rob the cash register, police said Thursday.

Upgrade Browser
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,645,515 times
These bumblers should have gone to a sissy bar.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:24 AM

746 posts, read 3,499,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilssson View Post
These bumblers should have gone to a sissy bar.
I wouldn't count on it. Some sissy bars are pretty tough underneath the stereotypes.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:12 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960
News, Dude, I Think We Picked the Wrong Bar.
LOL...

Picked the wrong bar - Well.. sometimes when you pick the "Wrong Bar", without knowing it, you can have some unpleasant surprises. I think some of you already know about the wrong bar we walked in one time, but I'll go ahead and post it again. Back in 1986, a friend of mine and I walked into a bar.. not to rob it, but just to relax for a little bit. We were sitting at the bar and music was playing, when a guy sat next to me and was trying to start a conversation, you know.. small talk. Then all of the sudden, he asked me to dance with him! I wasn't sure I heard him correctly because of the music, but I said, with an exclamation, "Excuse me?" Again, he said "Let's go dance". I looked at him and I told him that I'd rather dance with one of those 2 gals that were sitting together at a table a few feet away from us. He then explained to me that we definitely "Walked into the Wrong Bar!", it was a gay bar, and we didn't know it! I turned away, and tapped on my friend's shoulder and told him "Let's get the hell out of here NOW!", we left our beer glasses about half full and walked out. I explained to my friend what had happened, and he laughed. I was also hoping nobody we knew saw us walking out of there and got the wrong idea! Before we walked out, we saw a sign at the entrance that said something about the "establishment caters only to gays", which for some reason we missed probably because somebody was standing infront of it. Needless to say, I never got anywhere near that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics