Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 01:05 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times

Advertisements

How time flies. Why it seems like last year was only a couple months ago.
If you say so.

Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair?
I haven't. I've known a couple people who have entered exhibits in some sort of fair.
-Did you win?
One or two may have won something. Not sure what.

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp?
144. Never mind. I was looking at a square root chart.

If you are working outside in the yard and it starts raining do you...
-Just keep on working? If the rain is light enough.
-Put on a raincoat? I'd go inside if it was raining hard enough to need a raincoat.
-Go inside? See above.
-Book a cruise somewhere dry? I hear the Mojave desert is nice about no time of year ever.

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out?
Maybe gusting to 30-35 mph? Not sure.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner?
Been there, done that, had the heat rash.
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is?
Four windows down and 55mph. Gusty.

-Jellybeans or gumdrops?
Not sweet on either, but I'd go for gum drops just because I've had them less often.

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee?
I (almost) never go to an espresso joint. If I did I'd likely get something besides coffee or
coffee derivatives or heavily marketed, researched beverages that contain a tablespoon of coffee.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving?
I've spilled water and soda. Not at the same time I'm glad to say.

Today is...
National Fresh Breath Day
Note to self: brush teeth after espresso joint beverage and gum drops.

I was really hoping a band of gypsies would break in and demand I use their questions again.
Well, dang. You can't have it all.
However that just did not happen. So, you are stuck with these crappy questions instead.
I don't find them crappy at all. If it's too much to call them fantastic
maybe we could compromise and call them craptastic.

Srsly, good job and thanks for stepping up.

When I saw the title I thought this thread had something to do with Pabst. Bit it didn't. Oh, Schlitz!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 02:36 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Today's Questions
-Did you win?
- N/A and no to the first part.

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? - I'm child-free by choice so no grand kids.

-Just keep on working?
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside?
-Book a cruise somewhere dry?

N/A. No yard when one lives in an apartment.

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? - 25+ MPH

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner?
- No clue

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? - Neither. I'll take Hershey's kisses or plain M&M's instead.

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? -

I do not like the caffeine "buzz" if that's what it's supposed to be. Makes my head hurt. I do not even like the smell of coffee. I don't get it's popularity....

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving? - If I ever did it would have to be water since that is about all I ever drink. I shun sodas too. Can't remember if I ever spilled anything on me while driving but maybe water a long time ago...

Thanks, Mutt,
Happy Sunday to all!

Old 08-06-2017, 04:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair? No but I know people who have and have also won

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? Sounds fun. I would love to do that but mine are too old.

-Just keep on working? If it's not raining too hard
-Put on a raincoat? I don't have one.
-Go inside? That will work
-Book a cruise somewhere dry? Sounds good to me

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? Really windy is when I have to take the hummingbird feeders off their hooks.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? Ha, I couldn't even find that on google
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? No and still don't.

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? jelly beans

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? Yes I have. I'm not big on the "wimpy" coffee drinks, lol.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving? Only when Mike drives He has a terrible habit of coming up to a red light or stop sign and stopping, then inching forward and stopping again, and repeat. So when I think we are stopped for good I take a sip of water only for him to start and quickly stop again

Have a great day!!!

Old 08-06-2017, 05:01 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Cold beer breakfast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Hey Mutt I got me 5 cans of terrific King Oscar Wild Caught Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil...don't worry, that Extra Virgin olive oil crap isn't vegetables or nothin'. It's just the oil.

Today's Questions

I just 'entered' my record size Peninsula Cooter turtle.
-Did you win?

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp?

Well I don't have any to send so I reckon he'll have to do without. I'll send him 1 case of Coors Light instead.

-Just keep on working?
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside?

Stay outside but on the porch under the overhang. There, we or me can drink up and enjoy the weather!

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out?

Well, you know...I think I'll have to go with 34+ m.p.h.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

-Jellybeans or gumdrops?

Gumdrops.

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee?

Nahhh...but only because I love the stuff I make at home. I do a Folger's coffee with Nestle's Vanilla creamer that is so good. I can even make you a special foamy version.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving?

Yes, on my gorgeous drive along the ocean all through Palm Beach, FL...2 or 3 times.

Today is...

I was really hoping a band of gypsies would break in and demand I use their questions again. However that just did not happen. So, you are stuck with these crappy questions instead.

These questions were, as usual, top of the line. I hate to ever miss good ol' Mutt's day!
Question for you, Mutt: Is it cool or NOT cool to eat Provolone cheese? That is something that is really bothering me...the not knowing...

Old 08-06-2017, 05:26 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Good Morning

Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair? Yes
-Did you win? Honorable Mention Ribbon

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? Zero, I don't have any.

-Just keep on working? Depends where I am in the project and what I am doing.
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside? Depends, I love to take a walk in the rain with my umbrella
-Book a cruise somewhere dry? Not a cruise girl--but I do love a nice rainy day. Used to love storms--but with the job I have--they really, really complicate Operations.

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? Anything over a breeze. Not a fan of wind.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? Spent a Summer with a car with no a/c--it was horrible.
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? Had to google it

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? Rarely eat them--but it is always enjoyable eating jelly belly jellybeans

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? I have never seen an expresso joint--I would probably ask for an Americano if they specialized in expresso.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving? Yes, once while getting in the car I spilt water all over myself--I was going to work

Today is...
National Fresh Breath Day Did everyone get that memo?

I was really hoping a band of gypsies would break in and demand I use their questions again. However that just did not happen. So, you are stuck with these crappy questions instead.

^ Good thing the gypsies did not come--I think they would have taken all of your stinky cheese

Old 08-06-2017, 05:26 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,018 times

Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair?.............Yes, when I was a kid.
-Did you win?.......I've won both Blue and Red ribbons. I've also had entries not win anything.

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp?...........Zero. Childless household here.

-Just keep on working?...........Most of the time unless it's unsafe.
-Put on a raincoat?.........No
-Go inside?.............Sometimes
-Book a cruise somewhere dry?..........Nope

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out?.........Not very, I don't like the wind.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner?.........No
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is?........Yes

-Jellybeans or gumdrops?...........I'll take jellybeans over the gumdrops but I not a fan of either.

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee?.........I've never darkened the door of a coffee shop. I hate the taste and smell of coffee.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving?.........Yes

Today is...
National Fresh Breath Day......

Old 08-06-2017, 05:42 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair?No

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp?Two

-Just keep on working?
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside?

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? Enough that I think my hat may blow off.

-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? Open windows???

-Jellybeans or gumdrops?

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? No

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving?Too many times

Thanks Mutt....Have a great Sunday

Old 08-06-2017, 05:45 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair? No
-Did you win?

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? No grandkids

-Just keep on working?
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside? This One

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? I play golf and I understand 15MPH is significant wind

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? What is the world is that?
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? See above

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? Not a big fan of either but jellybeans for sure.

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? I don't go often but when I do why would I just get plain coffee? That's like going to Baskin Robbins and ordering vanilla

Who hasn't? On a trip I spilled a scalding cup of McDonald's coffee, burned my leg badly. That was right before that woman sued and won and I understood the reason. No way should anyone serve coffee hot as boiling oil

Old 08-06-2017, 06:04 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,144,915 times
nope
-

-

first 3

metal lawn furniture moves

yes
nope

beans

yes

yes

Old 08-06-2017, 06:08 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times

Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair? No
-Did you win? Nope

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? 1

If you are working outside in the yard and it starts raining do you... Happened a week ago thursday!
-Just keep on working?
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside?

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? I don't like wind, so over 10-15 is windy.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? Haha, yes
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? Yes, my 52 Olds had that type of AC

-Jellybeans or gumdrops?l

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? If I go there I'm getting the strong stuff

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving? the only drink I drink in my car is water, so that.

Today is...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics