U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 11:08 PM

6,987 posts, read 7,190,195 times

Advertisements

How time flies. Why it seems like last year was only a couple months ago.

Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair?
-Did you win?

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp?

If you are working outside in the yard and it starts raining do you...
-Just keep on working?
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside?
-Book a cruise somewhere dry?

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out?

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner?
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is?

-Jellybeans or gumdrops?

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee?

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving?

Today is...
National Fresh Breath Day

I was really hoping a band of gypsies would break in and demand I use their questions again. However that just did not happen. So, you are stuck with these crappy questions instead.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 11:34 PM

19,368 posts, read 7,072,304 times
Today's Questions
No, I've never done that. But I enjoy visiting the booths and looking at the entries.
-Did you win?
N/A

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp?
Zero. You have to have had children in order to get grandchildren, and I skipped that part.

-Just keep on working? If it's not raining too hard.
-Put on a raincoat? If it's raining hard enough for a raincoat, I'd hang it up for the day.
-Go inside? If it is raining that hard, yes.
-Book a cruise somewhere dry? That sounds like a plan.

I'm a big wimp and don't like wind if it's more than 5 mph.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? Say what?
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? No, never heard of it.

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? Neither. Gummi bears are OK, though.

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? I haven't done that very often because if all I want is a cup of coffee, I could make it at home.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving?
Yes, it's very uncomfortable.

Today is...
National Fresh Breath Day Did you know that a sprig of parsley is a wonderful breath freshener? It also is high in Vitamins A and C. I always eat the parsley on my plate at restaurants.

Thanks, Mutt!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-06-2017 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo at user's request.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:35 PM

9,516 posts, read 15,144,086 times
Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair? Yup
-Did you win? Nope

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? 4

-Just keep on working?
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside? Sure. Don't think I'll melt but have been told I'd probably float. lol

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? Pretty windy

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? I upgrade mine to 4/60. 2/60 in my truck
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? 4 windows down, 55 mph

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? Jelly beans

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? I don't drink coffee

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving? Many times! lol

Old 08-05-2017, 11:38 PM

51,696 posts, read 14,539,174 times

Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair? Nope.
-Did you win?

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? None. I have no grandkids.

-Just keep on working?
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside?

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? Around 35 m.p.h.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? Huh?
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? Not off the top of my head.

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? Gumdrops.

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? No, I don't drink coffee.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving? No, I don't eat or drink in the car.

Today is...

I was really hoping a band of gypsies would break in and demand I use their questions again. However that just did not happen. So, you are stuck with these crappy questions instead.[/quote]

Old 08-06-2017, 12:00 AM

36,516 posts, read 37,486,520 times

Today's Questions
No
-Did you win? N/A

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? 0 - Nothing to do with SATX56. I just don't have any.

-Just keep on working?
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside?

N/A - live in an apartment complex - Landscapers do the work outside.

Windy is not good for outdoor photography. Besides everything moving, my hair flies all over the camera and gets in the way. Birds don't fly around a lot. Windy when it is 20 degrees outside and you are trying to clean the snow off your car with ice under your shoes - too windy. On the other hand, I love wind chimes and listening to the wind blow while I'm inside. Still, on yet another hand (I have 3 ), it is not good when the TV screen goes dark and the message comes on to take shelter immediately because of tornado activity. Windy when you are on a boat and it keeps pitching isn't that great, either. Sooooo Outdoor photography - less than 5mph best. Wind gusts - not good. Tornado warnings, take shelter immediately - too windy. I'm going to speak for leaf rakers after you have the leaves in a pile and the wind starts to blow - probably too windy. Acceptable other times, less than 20mph.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner?
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? No

-Jellybeans or gumdrops?
jellybeans

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? don't drink coffee.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving? It's not me I'm worried about. I'm easily washed. Do you know what is really awful to spill inside your car? Red fruit punch especially when it gets under the mats onto a light grey or beige carpet. Trust me on that one. It can fly out of the drink holder if you stop short.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:12 AM

31,304 posts, read 30,716,098 times
Today's Questions
When I was in Jr High my art teacher entered an oil painting that I did.....
-Did you win?
No

none ....

-Just keep on working? I usually got inside someplace dry.
-Put on a raincoat? not my thing
-Go inside? yes,,,

maybe 5 to 10.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? Yes
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? yes

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? jellybeans

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? Just a plain old cup of coffee for me.

Yes, but it only happened once and I avoided doing it ever again. Now I use the cup holder when I buy a cup to go and never drink it while driving. NEVER

Today is...

Old 08-06-2017, 12:14 AM

42,265 posts, read 55,652,438 times
How time flies. Why it seems like last year was only a couple months ago. It was, 2x4 months.

Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair? Yes.
-Did you win? Blue ribbon for a neat cactus arrangement.

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? 0, g-kids are all grown.

-Just keep on working? If it's a light rain.
-Put on a raincoat? Don't own one.
-Go inside? Usually.
-Book a cruise somewhere dry? Sound's like a winner.

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? 10mph is my limit.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? Yes.
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? Yes, see below.
Spoiler
4 windows rolled down while driving 55 miles per hour.

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? Neither, not a candy eater.

-Do you ever go to an espresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? No, don't cater to those joints.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving? Those are not allowed while driving.

Today is...
National Fresh Breath Day ...aaahhh

I was really hoping a band of gypsies would break in and demand I use their questions again. However that just did not happen. So, you are stuck with these crappy questions instead. Not crappy, good job.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:24 AM

49,214 posts, read 70,494,314 times
Tell me about! I already see Christmas stuff on sale!

Today's Questions
-Did you win?
No.

All obnoxious, spoiled brats from the neighborhood. I heard he is a great obedience teacher!

-Just keep on working? <<< yeah. Till it pours.
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside? <<< When is pouring.
-Book a cruise somewhere dry? <<< Nah, Texas weather changes every 5 minutes.

When it starts to mess up my hairdo.

-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is?
Four windows down when driving 55mph? Lol
Yes, it happened.

-Jellybeans or gumdrops?
Neihter.

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee?
Nope. I don't buy coffee.

No. Generally I don't eat or drink while driving. On long distance I rather stop to stretch, drink/eat, use restroom, and continue to drive.

Today is...

I was really hoping a band of gypsies would break in and demand I use their questions again. However that just did not happen. So, you are stuck with these crappy questions instead.

Those are great questions, Mutt!!
Little stinky and little cheesy, as expected
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; 08-06-2017 at 12:44 AM..

Old 08-06-2017, 01:08 AM

34,956 posts, read 19,754,830 times
Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair? No.
-Did you win? N/A, see above.

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? Zero, since I don't even have children and a wife.

-Just keep on working? <--If it's not very heavy.
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside? <--If the rain becomes a downpour.

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? If it's over 10 mph and I see the trees starting to lean in one direction.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? I've ridden in a car with that type of A/C.
-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? Yes but I had to think about it for a while first.

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? Jelly beans. Orange ones are my favorite.

-Do you ever go to an espresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? No, since I'm not a coffee drinker.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving? Not while driving. I've done that in the car when it was parked, though.

Have a fun day on Sunday!

Old 08-06-2017, 01:32 AM

2,735 posts, read 1,292,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Today's Questions
-Have you ever entered something in a county fair? Yes, long ago.
-Did you win? I got the ribbon for Best of Show.

-SATX56 has been called upon to operate a grandkids summer camp for a week. How many grandkids will you be sending to his camp? -0-

-Just keep on working? Only if it's very light.
-Put on a raincoat?
-Go inside? Most likely.

-How windy does it have to be for you to think it is really windy out? I don't like much wind, or even strong breezes. When it's real hot out, a light breeze feels nice. That's it for me.

-On a really hot day have you ever driven a car that only had a 4/55 air conditioner? How about when there was NO air conditioner?

-Do you know what a 4/55 air conditioner is? 'Guess not.

-Jellybeans or gumdrops? Love black jelly beans, though.

-Do you ever go to an expresso joint and just buy a plain old cup of coffee? No.

-Have you ever spilled coffee, soda, water or whatever on yourself while driving? Nope.

Today is...

Thanks, Alaskan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics