Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 08:13 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times

Advertisements

Are you ready to have fun with . . .

Today's Question(s)?:
How are you doing?

Did you or family and friends get any of the recent snowfalls?

Do you have store or credit cards taht get you discounts or savings on fuel or air travel or anything else?

Recently at a Christmas tree sales lot I was pleasantly surprised by the strong pine scent.
-What scent have you been pleasantly surprised by?

When getting cash back or change at the grocery store the bills are too new and stick together.
-Can you think of another problem it's nice to have?

Foodie Question(s):
Do you have more stews, casseroles or warm weather foods this time of year, and if so, can you give an example?

Just for fun:
Please complete the following about yourself:
"If you looked up _____________________________________ in the dictionary, there might be a picture of me."

Today's Anonymous Quote:

"Snowflakes are the butterflies of winter."

Today’s Word:
chionophile (KYE-on-oh-file) noun
Any organisms (animals, plants, fungi, etc.) that thrive in cold winter conditions
Origin: Greek chion- = "snow", and -phile = "lover"

Today's Picture:
Snow covered cabins in the German Alps.

Happy Thursday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 08:37 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times

Today's Question(s)?:
How are you doing? Tired at this time.

Did you or family and friends get any of the recent snowfalls? No snow here but there was a little back home according to a call from one of my old friends over the weekend.

Do you have store or credit cards taht get you discounts or savings on fuel or air travel or anything else? Yes and no. We're using two that gives us a discount at the end of the year but they're not a "store" card.

Recently at a Christmas tree sales lot I was pleasantly surprised by the strong pine scent.
-What scent have you been pleasantly surprised by? Vics Vaporub

When getting cash back or change at the grocery store the bills are too new and stick together.
-Can you think of another problem it's nice to have? Yes, if the bills would "stick" in my wallet and not disappear so quickly.......

Foodie Question(s):
Do you have more stews, casseroles or warm weather foods this time of year, and if so, can you give an example? leftover turkey makes great soup, and that leftover beef roast goes well in a stew.

Just for fun:
"If you looked up _______procrastinate _______________________ in the dictionary, there might be a picture of me."

Today's Anonymous Quote:

Today’s Word:
Any organisms (animals, plants, fungi, etc.) that thrive in cold winter conditions

Today's Picture:

Happy Thursday!

Great picture,,,,, thanks and enjoy the rest of the week.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 12-13-2017 at 08:50 PM..

Old 12-13-2017, 08:57 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Today's Question(s)?:
How are you doing?
Very well, thank you.

Not yet.

Do you have store or credit cards that get you discounts or savings on fuel or air travel or anything else?
Nope.

Vanilla in a bottle. Yes, I snort vanilla fumes from time to time.

I inherited some money this year and I'm not familiar with dealing with a broker. Luckily, my BIL is.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you have more stews, casseroles or warm weather foods this time of year, and if so, can you give an example?
Not really. I eat the same stuff all year 'round.

Just for fun:
"If you looked up "Hayley Mills" in the dictionary, there might be a picture of me."

Today's Anonymous Quote:

Today’s Word:

Today's Picture:

Happy Thursday!

Great picture, bjh! Thanks for the questions.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:59 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,724 times
Today's Question(s)?:
How are you doing? Fine thanks. A little sad about/for a couple colleagues who are dealing with difficult situations. It's been a long day.

Did you or family and friends get any of the recent snowfalls? Did. We had a snow day yesterday. I'd guess we had at least 8" here on my hill.

Do you have store or credit cards that get you discounts or savings on fuel or air travel or anything else? Don't. Once I paid off the debt my ex piled up I chose to only have one card.

-What scent have you been pleasantly surprised by? I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday and had a tin of them sitting in my car today to give to grands after school. Opening the car door this afternoon...... the smell of cookies. So hard to resist eating one.

-Can you think of another problem it's nice to have? Table of desserts on Christmas. What to eat first?

Foodie Question(s):
Do you have more stews, casseroles or warm weather foods this time of year, and if so, can you give an example? Do. I rarely use the oven in warmer weather. Yesterday I made a stew and baked cookies.

Just for fun:
"If you looked up in the dictionary, bibliophile there might be a picture of me."

Today's Anonymous Quote:

"Snowflakes are the butterflies of winter." Like

Today’s Word:

Today's Picture:

Happy Thursday! Thanks, bjh!

Old 12-13-2017, 09:15 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times

Today's Question(s)?:
How are you doing? ............ Cold ! and Cranky ...

Did you or family and friends get any of the recent snowfalls? Yes.. just a dusting here at OZ on the porch.

Do you have store or credit cards taht get you discounts or savings on fuel or air travel or anything else? No...

-What scent have you been pleasantly surprised by? ..... Rusting Tin.. and Balsam Holiday Time at Oz

When getting cash back or change at the grocery store the bills are too new and stick together. Drier Sheets work for that problem..
-Can you think of another problem it's nice to have? ... Sugar Plums dancing in my head...

Foodie Question(s):
Do you have more stews, casseroles or warm weather foods this time of year, and if so, can you give an example? ... Soup - Cocoa & Crackers - Bratwurst an Beer - Hot Turkey Sandwich smothered in gravy..

Just for fun:
"If you looked up Cranky Curmudgeon in the dictionary, there might be a picture of me."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDOM-5ivIoE <<<<<< ME

Today's Anonymous Quote:

Today’s Word:
Origin: Greek chion- = "snow", and -phile = "lover"....

Thanks BJH.... The side walk needs shoveling... the cows got out

Last edited by TN Tin Man; 12-13-2017 at 09:23 PM..

Old 12-13-2017, 09:37 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Today's Question(s)?:
How are you doing? Doing it by the numbers, a one and a two and a three, breathe in breathe out.

Did you or family and friends get any of the recent snowfalls? Huh, what's snow, it's nearly 80F here right now. Oh yes, I did see some snowbirds today.

Do you have store or credit cards that get you discounts or savings on fuel or air travel or anything else? Yes, air travel, fuel discount, travel/hotel discount, free hamburger card, other misc discount cards.

-What scent have you been pleasantly surprised by? Scent of a woman, vanilla, pizza.

-Can you think of another problem it's nice to have? Counting the change in a 5 gallon jug.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you have more stews, casseroles or warm weather foods this time of year, and if so, can you give an example? Ha, we usually don't know what we're eating until about 1-2 hours before mealtime. Nothing is prepared in advance.

Just for fun:
"If you looked up triceratops in the dictionary, there might be a picture of me."

Neat white stuff photo bj.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:31 PM

30,521 posts, read 16,213,477 times
How are you doing?

pretty well for an old fogey.

snowing now. They're saying 2-4 inches.

Do you have store or credit cards taht get you discounts or savings on fuel or air travel or anything else?

Only Lowes. 5% on charged stuff. Came in handy when I remodeled the kitchen. Got the discount, then paid it off before interest was charged.

in the lobby of the grocery store, there's some cinnamon scented cones. Rather over-powering for a home I think but really nice when getting just a whiff.

maybe a cat that tries to hog the bed?

Foodie Question(s):

only thing I can think of is lasagna. Definitely a winter food.

Just for fun:
"If you looked up ______________hippopotamus_______________________ in the dictionary, there might be a picture of me."

great photo, bjh.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:36 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Today's Question(s)?:
How are you doing? Fine and dandy, thank you. Though I'm up way past my bedtime. I need to hit the sack as soon as I finish answering these Q's.

Did you or family and friends get any of the recent snowfalls? It's snowing here right now! Weatherman said we may have a hazardous commute on Thursday morning.

Do you have store or credit cards taht get you discounts or savings on fuel or air travel or anything else? Yep. I have a credit card that gives me cash back on everything, including 2% on gas all the time.

-What scent have you been pleasantly surprised by? I'll see your pine scent and raise you a cinnamon candle. I have a real Christmas tree in my living room and it's the most fragrant one I've had in years. It's very fresh and the needles are soft. Lovely!

-Can you think of another problem it's nice to have? Hmmm. Too many choices when I open my refrigerator or pantry. It makes me feel so blessed that I'm not homeless and hungry.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you have more stews, casseroles or warm weather foods this time of year, and if so, can you give an example? Yes. I make homemade soups year round, but I make more chili and stuff like spaghetti sauce when the weather's cold. I keep my house fairly cool (64-65) unless I have company, and a hot, stick-to-the-ribs meal keeps me toasty.

Just for fun:
"If you looked up volunteer in the dictionary, there might be a picture of me."

Today's Anonymous Quote:
"Snowflakes are the butterflies of winter." I love snow!

Today’s Word:
Cool - literally!

"Cool" questions, bjh! Love the photo. Happy Thursday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-13-2017 at 10:48 PM..

Old 12-13-2017, 11:00 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Today's Question(s)?:
How are you doing?
Okay, though I feel like I'm fighting a very mild cold.

Relatives in New York did.

Kroger card for discounts on groceries and fuel. Credit card with points for air travel.

Another one? I like the smell of freshly brewed tea.

Yet another one? Our new water heater makes a noise while heating water that the one it
replaced didn't. Still nice to have warm water on tap.

Foodie Question(s):
Beef stew, spaghetti and meatballs, mac and cheese.

Just for fun:
"If you looked up ____optimist_____ in the dictionary, there might be a picture of me."

Old 12-13-2017, 11:03 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,680,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

[b]Today's Question(s)?:
How are you doing? Very well. Great day.

Did you or family and friends get any of the recent snowfalls? Nope. This has been an exceptionally dry December for us. Cold enough but sunny and dry ~ and I like it.

Do you have store or credit cards that get you discounts or savings on fuel or air travel or anything else? Nope.

-What scent have you been pleasantly surprised by? A recent fragrance that I ordered from a place that re-creates discontinued perfumes. It smells nothing like the original, but I still like the scent of this one.

-Can you think of another problem it's nice to have? Too-thick hair.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you have more stews, casseroles or warm weather foods this time of year, and if so, can you give an example? Hot chili is usually reserved for winter.

Just for fun:
"If you looked up enigmatic in the dictionary, there might be a picture of me."
[u]

Happy Thursday!
Thanks, BJH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics