Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 10:13 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,453,648 times

Advertisements

Eighty-one-year-old Robert Jenkins said he loaded his wife's handgun and tried to scare off a burglar in his Tucker home, but he fired when the intruder rushed him, according to a family friend.

Tucker man's killing of intruder justified, say police | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2008/03/19/suspectdead_0320.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,183,030 times
self defense is a basic human right and should be protected and honored.
when the good guys have guns, it makes the job of the bad guys much much more difficult.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:16 AM

5,794 posts, read 13,900,733 times
Robert Jenkins is my hero today!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,792,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
self defense is a basic human right and should be protected and honored.
when the good guys have guns, it makes the job of the bad guys much much more difficult.
I couldn't have said it any better HuckleBerry.

Everyday law-abiding citizens use their firearms to protect themselves, and often without firing any shots.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,416,164 times
This is a very touchy- touchy subject it seems here in the US.
Let me begin to say, that not a lot of people I know of (in Germany) have guns in their homes.....it's just not "that common" over there, for what ever reason.
When I came to this country....it surprised me to see on how many people do have guns in their households, and how "normal" it seems to be here.....
I've been living here long enough now, to have "figured" out on why so many people do have them......and if it is used for sport, protection or hunting, I fully agree. (Not to do drug deals or have the intentions to commit a crime)
My husband has a gun, and knows how to use it....and I know where he keeps it.
If someone would forcefully enter my house....I would NOT hesitate to kill, and neither would my husband.
I was told a long time ago (by a COP, nonetheless!!!) to rather KILL an intruder, then to just injure him....because THAT same crook will OWN your home, by the time he's done suing you for everything you've got.
Don't get me wrong....guns scare me, and I am fully aware what damage they can create in the wrong hands.
But, my house is MY house.....and no one better be in it uninvited.
But, that's just IMHO.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:38 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,307,949 times
Good for him, except for getting shot in the hand

Old 03-20-2008, 03:10 PM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Good for him, except for getting shot in the hand
At 81 years old!!! Wow...
I am sure he's glad, that he was ABLE to react.....and relieved him and his wife are still alive!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,402,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Eighty-one-year-old Robert Jenkins said he loaded his wife's handgun and tried to scare off a burglar in his Tucker home, but he fired when the intruder rushed him, according to a family friend.

Tucker man's killing of intruder justified, say police | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2008/03/19/suspectdead_0320.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab - broken link)
Self defense is a basic human right. Robert Jenkins should be everyone's hero for exercising his right to self defense.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:32 AM

28,896 posts, read 54,003,889 times
One less scumbag. If somebody forcibly enters my house, I can assume that he's there to harm me and my family. I will shoot him down and not feel the least bit of remorse.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:49 AM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
One less scumbag. If somebody forcibly enters my house, I can assume that he's there to harm me and my family. I will shoot him down and not feel the least bit of remorse.
EXACTLY....why else would ANYONE forcefully enter a house, they don't belong in? (Unless, of course, it's an emergency of some sort)
I agree with you, and wouldn't have any remorse either....ZILCH!
The thing what disturbs me though a bit is the fact (after reading this story at other sources as well) that the cops still investigated, and "questioned" IF he had the right to kill him....and found him to be rightfully defending himself and his wife at the end.
There shouldn't have been a "questioning", period...the guy didn't belong in the house...end of story.
It should have been very simple.......
Still don't understand on why they had to "investigate"......
But, hey, maybe I am reading to much into it...sorry...huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics