Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:50 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,733,418 times

Advertisements

Yes, the NAH Oil City Saga was one for the history books but that boy was sort of fun'n all along. Never really serious about buying nothing.

His daddy probably has him chained in the attic in FL, tried of him messing with the thermostat.

Just for the record there is no such house anywhere for $50K. I actually found him some of the best deals available and funny it was like you just scored and then they moved the goal posts and declared it no touchdown. In particular a huge old arc of a house in a lil town not far from me that had been a hotel and whatever. For $33K, would have needed some work but it should have been the cat's meow for a fellow like that. Duh, zero interest once you had the real address and just needed the check.

I even went so far as to find two houses on a single lot for the wopping price of $9K, still no check in the mail. Boy was into gum flapping mostly. Oil City became sort of a mental paradise where you never go to face the reality. Was so easy for just a few $100's to catch the Grey Dog Bus and be in Heaven the next day, why did he ever need anybody else. That thing of never going to have a car was a no starter in anybody's life. All that stuff about raising thousands of dollars, bunch of pooie.

In a way I sort of lived thru the entire episode just like it would have happened. Ran into this sweet young lady that had some of the same ideas. She in fact did buy the manison and live out the dream. Well again sort of, it was a huge old Victorian, brick with all the do-dads. Not in bad shape but did need some work. She paid like $150K. I tried to help her, tried to advise on what and how you do things. Even did some work for her free. So, so unrealistic what was required, what things might cost, how you actually make things happen. About like the boy, lived in a sort of Never-Never Land. She should have been nicer to me but those type folks can be pretty one way. Probably about like his situation would have been if he had ever scored. In a way, things get worse after they get the inital goal. It will be all your fault.

I am glad my old pup The Lil Lawies Daws got to see the lights of Fab Oil City before she died. Sort of like that saying, Young man goes to Paris, as every Young man must. Probably about like that for Oil City and dogs. The sights, sounds and smells of it all. O' my.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 10:03 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
Oh my it's the ghost of Cosmic...How have you been??

Old 03-27-2008, 10:11 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Hi Cosmic!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:33 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I was thinking that since NAH kept so many people reading CDF due to all his 'antics' , that maybe Mr and Missus ADMIN would make tomorrow NAH DAY in honor of his last (known) post here !!!

Whose with me on this ???!
I totally agree. Let's have NAH-day.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:31 AM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Cool It's SO good to see a lot of old friends on this thread

Ahhhh, memories !! My FAVORITE things to have ! No dusting , no $$ insurance required , very little maintenance necessary (just a few brain excercises every now and again) and extremely transportable when you have to move !

I sure wish HIF would have responded too ! If only to clear up the Rumor that HE and SHE eloped last summer !!! I think I heard that from that 'K' poster and unfortunately, they are not returning any of my calls !

Like a Murder Mystery, but this one played online and all across the country, WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AT THE END peeps???? Do you remember those final days? and threads ? and a couple of mysterious NEW posters ????? Isn't it TIME for the REAL TRUTH 2B TOLD ???

Old 03-27-2008, 08:19 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,169 times
I knew I felt the earth move !!!
We have been blessed with not only the HDL and vp ! But Cosmic and Ellie too !!!!!!!!!

A day to remember !!!

How and where has everyone been ????????

Old 03-27-2008, 09:27 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Hello Old Friends!

It’s been almost a year ago that NAH and I met that first time at the Waffle House on Lane Avenue. He and his old man were taking a road trip up to the OC. On his way back to Palm Beach County we met again at the Waffle House. He had made an offer on a house and would hear from his Realtor upon his return home. Neither NAH or his father have a cell phone.

NAH and I met almost monthly as he made trips to his new home to make needed repairs and updates. He DID find the 50k home in Oil City, PA. and his desire to prove to the world that he was right about being able to find an affordable home pushed him to learning to drive. His folks rarely took out the car, so he had full reign over the 2001 Pontiac. On one of his trips he noticed a field of cotton that had been harvested. Many good heads of cotton still remained on the stem, having slipped through the measured fingers of the harvester.

Of course you know the rest…..each trip he would stop along the side of the road in rural Georgia, gather the unpicked bolls and, upon his arrival in Oil City, stuff them into the holes found in the walls throughout the house.

Good to know so many of you remember him. He did speak of you Cosmic. It was as though you were an older brother, gone away to college. He will be back at the Waffle House waiting to meet with me on April 1. We usually like to get there before the lunch crowd, between 10:45 and 11:00. If any of you want to surprise NAH, let me know and I will get the larger booth.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:32 PM

That is awesome Hiffy !

Nice to hear of his success and determination.

Please let him know that he is still "thought of" here in CD land.

P.S. We wouldn't be interrupting any cuddle time........... would we ??????? LOL

Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Hello Old Friends! He DID find the 50k home in Oil City, PA. and his desire to prove to the world that he was right about being able to find an affordable home pushed him to learning to drive. His folks rarely took out the car, so he had full reign over the 2001 Pontiac. On one of his trips he noticed a field of cotton that had been harvested. Many good heads of cotton still remained on the stem, having slipped through the measured fingers of the harvester.
Of course you know the rest…..each trip he would stop along the side of the road in rural Georgia, gather the unpicked bolls and, upon his arrival in Oil City, stuff them into the holes found in the walls throughout the house.
He will be back at the Waffle House waiting to meet with me on April 1. We usually like to get there before the lunch crowd, between 10:45 and 11:00. If any of you want to surprise NAH, let me know and I will get the larger booth.
I don't know, that kinda sounds like a lot of boll to me...

Old 03-27-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I don't know, that kinda sounds like a lot of boll to me...
me thinks Hiffy is hanging around a certain "K" person waaayyyy toooo much !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics