Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 07:44 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,656 posts, read 81,386,567 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever traveled with a group? Yes
Or traveled separately, but met up with a group at a specific destination? Yes
If so, were you celebrating something, going just for fun, to a festival, or some other event? All of the above
Alternately (or additionally, if you like), have you ever traveled a great distance by yourself, or known someone who did? Yes, road trips of 14+ hours several times
If traveling with a group, did you enjoy not having all the responsibility of creating the itinerary? No
If traveling alone, did you enjoy being able to do exactly what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it? Yes!

Bonus Question(s):
Despite the amenities provided in various lodgings (shampoo, soap, lotion, blow dryer, etc.), what of your own items might you bring with you when you travel? Toothbrush, toothpaste, razor and shaving lotion
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were able to purchase in/near your lodging? Often
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were not able to purchase in/near your lodging? No

Just for fun:
What of the following items have you accidentally left behind while traveling:
keys?
shoes?
clothing?
souvenirs?
purse/wallet?
camera/photos?
cell phone/charger?
money/credit cards?
other?
Can't remember ever leaving anything behind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 10:32 AM

3,083 posts, read 1,688,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Welcome to Tuesday’s Questions.

Today’s theme is “road trip!”

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever traveled with a group? Two friends, to visit another mutual friend in the next state. Does that count? (It was a disaster, too.)
Or traveled separately, but met up with a group at a specific destination? Nope. I travel either alone or with my husband.
If so, were you celebrating something, going just for fun, to a festival, or some other event?
Alternately (or additionally, if you like), have you ever traveled a great distance by yourself, or known someone who did? I have known a few who did. Farthest I've traveled alone was to NYC from Portland for a solo trip.
If traveling with a group, did you enjoy not having all the responsibility of creating the itinerary?
If traveling alone, did you enjoy being able to do exactly what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it? This.

Bonus Question(s):
Despite the amenities provided in various lodgings (shampoo, soap, lotion, blow dryer, etc.), what of your own items might you bring with you when you travel? Contact lens solution and case; moisturizer, make-up, deodrant, small shoe brush, small bottle Febreeze, small bottle de-wrinkling spray (for clothes), lacross ball for my back... the list goes on. I'm NOT a minimalist packer.
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were able to purchase in/near your lodging? Yes but I can't remember what it was.
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were not able to purchase in/near your lodging? Don't think so.

Just for fun:
keys?
shoes?
clothing? My straw hat (but had a baseball cap packed).
souvenirs?
purse/wallet?
camera/photos?
cell phone/charger?
money/credit cards?
other?

Quote of the Day: This one is really good.

"There’s only one true superpower amongst human beings, and that is being funny. People treat you differently if you can make them laugh.” ~ Jeff Garlin ~

Thanx for playing everyone.
Have a great day!
Thanks, Pats!

Old 06-05-2018, 10:59 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,815,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

I would love to take a road trip right about now. The only road trip I will be taking today is to physical therapy in an oxy haze all in my brain.

I hate physical therapy but there might be cookies

Yes I've forgotten things on trips but nothing major. We did some day trips in Scotland that were really fun. I guess you could call a cruise a group trip?

Sorry that's the best I can do today. I miss you guys. Each day gets a little better.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:37 PM

44,379 posts, read 20,097,476 times
Mornin' all!

Today’s theme is “road trip!” Yay! I love road trips!

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever traveled with a group? Yes, I've traveled with a few friends. Last year I traveled with a larger tour group (about 30 people, I think) for the first time.
Or traveled separately, but met up with a group at a specific destination? I've done this, too.
If so, were you celebrating something, going just for fun, to a festival, or some other event? When friends and I have converged on one location, it was for a wedding.
Alternately (or additionally, if you like), have you ever traveled a great distance by yourself, or known someone who did? I'm not sure whether we're just talking about road trips, or all trips. The longest road trip I took alone was about an 8-hour drive from home. The longest trip I've ever taken alone was a flight from Chicago to Seattle.
If traveling with a group, did you enjoy not having all the responsibility of creating the itinerary? There are pros and cons about our (boyfriend and I) group tour last year. By the end of the week I was really sick of sitting on a bus, even though the bus was very nice. I also didn't like being held to a very strict schedule. The trip had many redeeming perks, though.
If traveling alone, did you enjoy being able to do exactly what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it? I've always hated flying alone, but when I drive alone I'm usually a happy camper. I do like the solitude and being able to stop when I want and not having to consider anyone else.

Bonus Question(s):
Despite the amenities provided in various lodgings (shampoo, soap, lotion, blow dryer, etc.), what of your own items might you bring with you when you travel? Mousse for my hair; deodorant.
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were able to purchase in/near your lodging? Yep. Believe it or not, one time I didn't pack underwear. It was hilarious! I was with several friends on a road trip to Traverse City, MI, about a 6-hour drive. We arrived at the cabin, and as I unpacked I kept feeling as though something was missing. Sure enough, I'd left a pile of panties on my bed at home. They never made it inside the suitcase. So our first outing as a group was to go into town and find a department store where I could buy some new undies.
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were not able to purchase in/near your lodging? Forgot a prescription med one time, but we were only gone for 3 days so it was no big deal. I called the doc and asked whether I should go home to retrieve the pills, and she said not to worry about it, that a few days without this particular drug wouldn't hurt me.

Just for fun:
keys?
shoes?
clothing? Undies.
souvenirs?
purse/wallet?
camera/photos?
cell phone/charger?
money/credit cards?
other? Nothing I can think of.

Synonyms:
for “road trip;” adventure, expedition, foray, jaunt, trek

Today Is: :
National Gingerbread Day
World Environment Day

Quote of the Day:
"There’s only one true superpower amongst human beings, and that is being funny. People treat you differently if you can make them laugh.” ~ Jeff Garlin ~

Have a great day!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:23 PM

5,909 posts, read 3,804,717 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever traveled with a group?
Just family, but not very often
Or traveled separately, but met up with a group at a specific destination?
Yeah sort of when I was a kid and my parents were divorced they would each travel halfway which equaled about 4 hours each to hand me and my brother off to the other parent
If so, were you celebrating something, going just for fun, to a festival, or some other event?
Well it was never fun but it had to be done I guess
Alternately (or additionally, if you like), have you ever traveled a great distance by yourself, or known someone who did?
The most I've traveled by myself is to Florida about 10 hours
If traveling with a group, did you enjoy not having all the responsibility of creating the itinerary?
Nope never done that
If traveling alone, did you enjoy being able to do exactly what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it?
Yes but as I get older the harder it is to travel that far in a car

Bonus Question(s):
Despite the amenities provided in various lodgings (shampoo, soap, lotion, blow dryer, etc.), what of your own items might you bring with you when you travel?
My CPAP machine and my own sheets, as well as shampoo, soap, lotion etc.
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were able to purchase in/near your lodging?
Yes I've had to do that before just can't remember what it was
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were not able to purchase in/near your lodging?
Yeah that too, so aggravating

Just for fun:
keys?
shoes?
clothing?
souvenirs?
purse/wallet? wallet when I was small
camera/photos?
cell phone/charger?
money/credit cards?
other?
I make a list of things I need to take and I use that same list to pack when I leave but sometimes things get left behind anyway

Synonyms:

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1995 29th Music City News Country Awards: Alan Jackson and Reba McEntire
Birthday: 1962 Jeff Garlin, U.S. comedian
Science/Technology: 2012 The planet Venus makes its last transit of the 21st century beginning at 22:09 UTC June 5, and ending 4:49 UTC June 6
Sports: 1989 Billy Smith, last original New York Islander, retires

National Gingerbread Day
World Environment Day

Quote of the Day:

Have a great day!

Thanks PatsCats!

Old 06-05-2018, 01:27 PM

24,512 posts, read 26,056,201 times
Today's Question(s):
Yes, never again.

Yes

Camping and boating.

Alternately (or additionally, if you like), have you ever traveled a great distance by yourself, or known someone who did?
I have done this many times.

Like I said, never again will I travel in a group.

If traveling alone, did you enjoy being able to do exactly what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it?
Always

Bonus Question(s):
Despite the amenities provided in various lodgings (shampoo, soap, lotion, blow dryer, etc.), what of your own items might you bring with you when you travel?
Toiletries, shaving stuff, camera, meds, phone charger and cell phone. I travel light.

Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were able to purchase in/near your lodging?
Probably

Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were not able to purchase in/near your lodging?
No

Just for fun:
keys?
shoes?
clothing?
souvenirs?
purse/wallet?
camera/photos?
cell phone/charger?
money/credit cards?
other?
Nothing I can think of.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:38 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,216,070 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever traveled with a group? Yes, many, many years ago.

Bonus Question(s):
Despite the amenities provided in various lodgings (shampoo, soap, lotion, blow dryer, etc.), what of your own items might you bring with you when you travel? I do take a good travel blow dryer. If I am staying at someone’s house I am careful to take personal care items. I never take soap, though.
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were able to purchase in/near your lodging? I have forgotten many things! Luckliy I have usually been able to purchase what I need.
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were not able to purchase in/near your lodging? ��

Just for fun:
keys?
shoes?
clothing?
souvenirs?
purse/wallet?
camera/photos?
cell phone/charger?
money/credit cards?
?

Old 06-05-2018, 02:39 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,617,216 times
Afternoon all!

Today's Question(s):
I have.
I've done that too.
Traveling with the group, we were car pooling to a destination wedding in the Smokey Mountains. Meeting up we all drove separately to a camping festival.
I planned my own trip from Chicago to see family in Arizona. Not really a "great distance." Hubby and I met a woman on our cruise who decided, at the last minute, to fly into Vancouver from Australia and take the cruise to Alaska all by herself.
I did!
I was just visiting family, so I didn't really "go" anywhere else.

Bonus Question(s):
I always bring my own toiletries and blow dryer. The ones they provide are never enough (I have long hair), and the blow dryers are always on the blink.
I did forget to bring aspirin. Luckily they had it in the store in the lobby.
Not that I remember.

Just for fun:
keys?
shoes?
clothing? <<< This. I bought a white t-shirt in Alaska. The design on the front was beautiful. The sheets on our hotel bed were white. I think it got tossed on the bed while packing up and not seen in the white of the sheets.
souvenirs?
purse/wallet? When I was a very little girl I had a purse with a tiny doll and four quarters in it. At a gas station, I put it on top of a vending machine, got my item out of the machine, and it wasn't until my grandfather had been driving for an hour that I remembered my purse.
camera/photos?
cell phone/charger?
money/credit cards?
other?

Synonyms:

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1995 29th Music City News Country Awards: Alan Jackson and Reba McEntire
Science/Technology: 2012 The planet Venus makes its last transit of the 21st century beginning at 22:09 UTC June 5, and ending 4:49 UTC June 6

National Gingerbread Day
World Environment Day

Quote of the Day:

Thanx again everyone. Special thanx to Pam!
Enjoy your day/evening!

Old 06-05-2018, 03:54 PM

38,950 posts, read 22,950,840 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever traveled with a group? No
Or traveled separately, but met up with a group at a specific destination? No
If traveling alone, did you enjoy being able to do exactly what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it? Yes

Bonus Question(s):
Despite the amenities provided in various lodgings (shampoo, soap, lotion, blow dryer, etc.), what of your own items might you bring with you when you travel? Toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving razor.
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were able to purchase in/near your lodging? Probably
Have you ever forgotten something at home that you were not able to purchase in/near your lodging? Probably

Just for fun:
keys?
shoes?
clothing?
souvenirs?
purse/wallet?
camera/photos?
cell phone/charger?
money/credit cards?
other? Grooming supplies like shampoo and toothpaste.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Old 06-05-2018, 04:55 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Just family, but not very often
Yeah sort of when I was a kid and my parents were divorced they would each travel halfway which equaled about 4 hours each to hand me and my brother off to the other parent
Well it was never fun but it had to be done I guess
The most I've traveled by myself is to Florida about 10 hours
Nope never done that
Yes but as I get older the harder it is to travel that far in a car

Bonus Question(s):
My CPAP machine and my own sheets, as well as shampoo, soap, lotion etc.
Yes I've had to do that before just can't remember what it was
Yeah that too, so aggravating

Just for fun:
keys?
shoes?
clothing?
souvenirs?
purse/wallet? wallet when I was small
camera/photos?
cell phone/charger?
money/credit cards?
other?
I make a list of things I need to take and I use that same list to pack when I leave but sometimes things get left behind anyway

Synonyms:

Today in History:

National Gingerbread Day
World Environment Day

Quote of the Day:

Have a great day!

Thanks PatsCats!
I've disabled Direct Messaging. Liked SC. Didn't like NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics