Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:30 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagator54 View Post
I HATE snakes.
I'll see you and raise you... Once when I was in a zipped up tent, inside a sleeping bag, I woke up to to find a snake also inside my sleeping bag. Didn't realize it until I had unzipped the bag and there it was.... right by my legs. Talk about a rude way to be fully wide awake!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
If they even show a snake on TV I can't look and if I should happen to get caught off-guard I have nightmares.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:36 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times
wasps flying in my vicinity. I know they are plotting to attack me.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:14 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Standing in a dark room, I can really freak myself out imagining what else is in there with me. Or behind me.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Standing in a dark room, I can really freak myself out imagining what else is in there with me. Or behind me.
I'm with you on that one in that power cuts at night haunt me, especially when I'm in the house on my own. One second I'm quietly watching tv in the living room and all of a sudden everything is black and silent. Then you have to get up and feel your way to a torch or candle or something and when I'm padding through the blackness with my hands out in front of me trying to feel my way around the house, I always expect to suddenly hear a window breaking or feel someone's hand on my shoulder or something. It makes me shudder just to think about it.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 AM

Out of the corner of your eye, you're sure you saw something dart past in the hall

There have been stories with this and movies with it - FREAKED ME OUT when they did it in the Sixth Sense!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:31 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
I still shudder when I hear the sound ships make when surrounded by ice, even on TV. I remember sleepless night whilst this ghostly sound went on around me on sailing trips. That kind of creaking and crushing sound. You feel as though the ice with snap the hull in an instant taking you to a watery grave below.

There is also a peculiar silence about icy waters at night which is so eerie, almost ghostly. Add a fertile imagination to that and you end up with serious nightmares !

Old 04-03-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I still shudder when I hear the sound ships make when surrounded by ice, even on TV. I remember sleepless night whilst this ghostly sound went on around me on sailing trips. That kind of creaking and crushing sound. You feel as though the ice with snap the hull in an instant taking you to a watery grave below.

There is also a peculiar silence about icy waters at night which is so eerie, almost ghostly. Add a fertile imagination to that and you end up with serious nightmares !
I'll never hear this sound because oceans scare me at the deepest level of my being.

I LOVE your post. Now when I want to get a little creeped I'll just come back here and peek at it

Old 04-03-2008, 08:41 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
(snakes) for me too! I have never come in contact with any but I have a fear of them, it's not normal. I see one on TV and I have to put my feet onto the couch in case one's hiding under it..
(heights) was never a problem for me, stood looking down into the Grand Canyon years ago but now I'm scared..must be getting old..

village idiots....LOLOL Good to know where they are at all times!! just kidding....

Old 04-03-2008, 08:48 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,449,708 times
Telling my sister she was adopted haunts me.

Well, not really, but it makes for a great story.

She looks different, and her pronounced almond-shaped eyes bothered her, growing up. So, I told her Dad, who was in the Marine Corps at the time, brought her back from Korea -- complete with beautiful image of young mother running towards him as he boarded a plane to come home.

"Please! Please! Take my daughter to America. Give her better life."

I had all my bases covered. Of course she retorted with, "I'm going to go ask!"

I grabbed her arm, made her sit back on the step with me.

"Oh, no! They said if you ever found out, they'd send you back!"

It does haunt me in that it seems like for every birthday, I get a card from her saying she loves me so much she'll do anything for me, including help me find my own parents.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics