Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 08:53 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,007,498 times

Advertisements

Howdy. After a couple days of cool weather we are starting to head back into the 90's.

Sunday's Questions:
-Do you buy fruit from roadside fruit stands? No, but I buy from a farmers’ market.

-Have you ever made your own popsicles? Maybe when the kids were little

-Invent something that would help you cope with the hot weather. A gel filled neck roll that can be chilled in the freezer.

Questions To Get Around with:
-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? One week ago.

-Have you ever used Uber to get somewhere? Yesterday.

-Have you ever ridden the bus on a regular basis to get to work? Many, many years ago.

-Have you ever taken a ferry where you drive your car on the ferry and then stay in the car? I think so, but memory is hazy.

Leftover Questions Stored On My Computer:
-Ever visited a ghost town? No.

-Do you like green olives stuffed with garlic or blue cheese? Yes, although I love Kalamata olives the best.

Today Is NOT:
-Enjoy Yucky Veggies Day Well, good! I only want to enjoy fresh veggies today.

Once again these questions have not been checked. The English teacher from two weeks ago said she would check them if I took her out to dinner. Things were looking good until she heard me tell the waiter I wanted separate checks for our meals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 09:26 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,798,337 times
Howdy. After a couple days of cool weather we are starting to head back into the 90's.

Sunday's Questions:
-Do you buy fruit from roadside fruit stands? - Hmm.... sort of.. a guy got angry and tossed apples at my car as I drove by his fruit stand... - Maybe once or twice..

-Have you ever made your own popsicles? - Yeah.. they were called Flop-Sickles...

-Invent something that would help you cope with the hot weather. - A Wet T-shirt, hey it works perfectly well when power is out and no A/C..

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? - Can't remember...

-Have you ever ridden the bus on a regular basis to get to work? - Nope..

-Have you ever taken a ferry where you drive your car on the ferry and then stay in the car? - Nah.. I tried to jump across the water at high speed because the ferry was expensive... - No ferries here, anywhere in Arizona..

-Ever visited a ghost town? - Yeah.. when I went to Sunset Beach, CA earlier this year and the entire town heard I was staying at a hotel there...

-Do you like green olives stuffed with garlic or blue cheese? - Nah.. I can't eat those olives stuffed with those hard pits... they're hard on my teeth..

Today Is NOT:
-Enjoy Yucky Veggies Day - Okay, I'll enjoy a Yucky Steak with my yucky veggies today...

Once again these questions have not been checked. The English teacher from two weeks ago said she would check them if I took her out to dinner. Things were looking good until she heard me tell the waiter I wanted separate checks for our meals. - Wow.. generous waiter, the last time I asked a waiter for a check, he gave me two checks instead... from his closed bank account and both checks bounced... - Thanks Alaskan Mutt, everyone have a great Sunday.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:00 AM

15,442 posts, read 21,272,697 times
Sunday's Questions:
-Do you buy fruit from roadside fruit stands? I have in the past.

-Have you ever made your own popsicles? Yep.

-Invent something that would help you cope with the hot weather. Hmm. The only thing that comes to mind was a tarp-enclosed shower with sun-heated water for bathing each evening while working two weeks at a time in the hot desert of SE New Mexico many years ago. Everyone laughed at the device until they realized I was the only one who could sit downwind from myself in the evenings around the campfire.

While also working as a student in the Chihuahuan desert, I constructed a sun roof for the University's 1940s Willys Jeep. The topper was made from wooden tomato stakes covered in orange parachute material and it worked well to keep most of the hot noonday sun off our heads.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? That was in the very early 1980s while traveling for the government. Can't remember the place.

-Have you ever used Uber to get somewhere? Nope. The last time I rode in a cab, the two founders of Uber were just babies.

-Have you ever ridden the bus on a regular basis to get to work? No Not even on temporary work assignments. I did have to ride a train each day to work when I worked temporarily in South America.

-Have you ever taken a ferry where you drive your car on the ferry and then stay in the car? We rode the ferry at New Orleans several times while living there but only for fun. It went from the bottom of Canal Street to Algiers Point.

-Ever visited a ghost town? Sure. I have a relative buried at Taiban, NM where Pat Garrett captured Billy the Kid and his associates on December 23, 1880. The only thing just about left in Taiban is the old Presbyterian church building. (See attached pic.)

However, all one has to do is to randomly drive around the Texas and New Mexico South Plains to see ghost towns or towns in danger of becoming one.

-Do you like green olives stuffed with garlic or blue cheese? Probably since I like olives.

Great questions Mutt.

Wishing everyone a restful Sunday.

Last edited by High_Plains_Retired; 12-11-2018 at 01:59 PM..

Old 08-05-2018, 11:11 AM

3,042 posts, read 1,658,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Sunday's Questions:
-Do you buy fruit from roadside fruit stands? My husband does occasionally.

-Have you ever made your own popsicles? Nope

-Invent something that would help you cope with the hot weather. I tend to like hot weather. Ummm... May make it rain in the middle of night to cut down on watering.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? March of last year.

-Have you ever used Uber to get somewhere? Nope

-Have you ever ridden the bus on a regular basis to get to work? Not 'to' work but from work.

-Have you ever taken a ferry where you drive your car on the ferry and then stay in the car? Once many decades ago.

-Ever visited a ghost town? Yes. Visited a couple in AZ last April.

-Do you like green olives stuffed with garlic or blue cheese? Sounds good.

Once again these questions have not been checked. The English teacher from two weeks ago said she would check them if I took her out to dinner. Things were looking good until she heard me tell the waiter I wanted separate checks for our meals.()
Thanks, Alaskan.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:49 AM

24,339 posts, read 25,855,231 times
Our forecast for the week says 100-105 starting today

Sunday's Questions:
-Do you buy fruit from roadside fruit stands?
Not lately cuz there all gone.

-Have you ever made your own popsicles?
Yep

-Invent something that would help you cope with the hot weather.
Just give me a NASA space suit.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi?
201X in San Francisco.

-Have you ever used Uber to get somewhere?
No

-Have you ever ridden the bus on a regular basis to get to work?
No

-Have you ever taken a ferry where you drive your car on the ferry and then stay in the car?
Yes, have done both.

-Ever visited a ghost town?
Yep

-Do you like green olives stuffed with garlic or blue cheese?

Today Is NOT:
-Enjoy Yucky Veggies Day
If you say so.

Once again these questions have not been checked. The English teacher from two weeks ago said she would check them if I took her out to dinner. Things were looking good until she heard me tell the waiter I wanted separate checks for our meals.
Guess there be no second date.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:28 PM

18,754 posts, read 11,739,079 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;52703689]Howdy. After a couple days of cool weather we are starting to head back into the 90's.

Sunday's Questions:
-Do you buy fruit from roadside fruit stands?
Yes.
-Have you ever made your own popsicles?
When I was a kid. I loved frozen Coke popsicles.
-Invent something that would help you cope with the hot weather.
It's blazing hot here again. I'm thinking of a pool or being chin deep in ice cold Lake Michigan right now.
-When was the last time you rode in a taxi?
Maybe three years ago in Scotland.
-Have you ever used Uber to get somewhere?
Nope.
-Have you ever ridden the bus on a regular basis to get to work?
No.
-Have you ever taken a ferry where you drive your car on the ferry and then stay in the car?
When I was a little girl. I remember being fascinated by that whole adventure.
-Ever visited a ghost town?
Yes when I lived in California.
-Do you like green olives stuffed with garlic or blue cheese?
Blue cheese.
Today Is NOT:
-Enjoy Yucky Veggies Day
MMM kale fresh from the garden. I'll steam some for you and saute it with olive oil and garlic. You'll like it. Or baked kale chips with olive oil and garlic powder. Even better We made stuffed green peppers with quinoa, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, mushrooms and garden tomatoes. It was to die for good. We had fresh steamed broccoli yesterday, fried eggplant and fresh green beans. . You don't know what you're missing Mutt. I love eating out of the garden. MMM zucchini bread next with nuts and made with apple sauce. Yum!

Thanks Mutt. I have to use the traction brace and I don't want to. It's nice being pain free. That's an endless cycle of stretch, pain, feel good, stretch pain. Those 6 screws in the radius by the wrist are one of the problems. It swells a lot. Next Friday will be 12 weeks post op. I've come a long way. I'll be on my bike soon.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:22 PM

88,228 posts, read 84,159,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Sunday's Questions:
-Do you buy fruit from roadside fruit stands? Yes, regularly.

-Have you ever made your own popsicles? When I was a kid.

-Invent something that would help you cope with the hot weather. It's already invented. It's called 'water'. Wade in it, swim in it, sit beside it.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? Three or four months ago.

-Have you ever used Uber to get somewhere? Yes.

-Have you ever ridden the bus on a regular basis to get to work? Yes.

-Have you ever taken a ferry where you drive your car on the ferry and then stay in the car? Only when I was a child and with my family. I don't remember where we were, though.

-Ever visited a ghost town? No.

-Do you like green olives stuffed with garlic or blue cheese? Oh yes, I eat both of those regularly.

Today Is NOT:
-Enjoy Yucky Veggies Day

Thank you. Sorry I missed the day by about 22 minutes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics