Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 11:08 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times

Advertisements

THANK YOU to the anonymous person who sent me a rep message re getting a name wrong on today's QOTD. I saw it in time to edit and have fixed the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 11:38 PM

14,762 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Howdy folks. I have only had maybe 4 hours of sleep since Thur. morning and my brain and eyes are somewhat fuzzy at the moment. So as what Geraldine would say..."What you see is what you get".

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination?

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town?
No, but I have rode in one, that someone else had rented.
-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it?

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time?
No, thank goodness my freezer is frost free now. That use to be quite the job!
-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer?
Sometimes yes.
-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine?
I have stick butter and the spreadable kind of butter in the tub....I don't like margarine.
-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff?
They are organized and there is no non-kitchen stuff there, but I love kitchen gadgets, and stuff like that, and have a few too many than what I actually have room for any more.
-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now.

Well, my brain is now beyond the getting fuzzy stage so I best get what I have posted.
I hope you are able to get some rest, so that you feel better.
Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Old 08-18-2018, 11:48 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination?

No but I have pulled over to take a NoDoz.

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town? No

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it?
Yes

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time?
Not me.

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? No, but that would be a good idea.

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine? Yes butter sticks and tubs.

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? I can't reach anything above the first shelf of my kitchen cabinets so I have some food items I use a lot on the counter top and some non-kitchen items (like keys) also on the counter top.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:54 PM

38,862 posts, read 22,849,388 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination? No

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? Yes. About 10 years ago at work, I didn't realize I wore a shirt inside-out for an entire day and no one bothered to tell me!

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? Not me.

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? No

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff?

Good job on the questions considering you've had only 4 hours of sleep the past few days, Mr. Mutt.
Have a splendid Sunday, all!

Old 08-19-2018, 01:11 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Howdy folks. I have only had maybe 4 hours of sleep since Thur. morning and my brain and eyes are somewhat fuzzy at the moment. So as what Geraldine would say..."What you see is what you get".

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination? Yes

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? More than once....

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? No

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? My wife is very good about that.

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine? Real unsalted butter

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? Prepping for a complete kitchen remodel it's crazy here.... Some cabinents already ripped out. What you see is what you get.

-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now. Well Mutt I flunked mind reading 1104 in college so I can't help.

Well, my brain is now beyond the getting fuzzy stage so I best get what I have posted.

Thanks Mutt I'm joining you in a brain freeze that I induced.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:19 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Good Morning

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination? Yes. Frustrating---but best to pull over than drive and risk my life or someone else's.

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? Yes, just a short time. I have to wear black stockings with my work uniform. I got to work and quickly noticed I had on navy blue The girl scout in me had a black pair in my locker, so I switched. Even though everyone said they couldn't tell. I could--and it would bother me all day.

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? Yes, there is one downstairs that we never use--we did have it cleaned out and turned off. THEN the refrigerator broke and we had to switch the frozen food down there. It is on my list of things to do to defrost it, turn it off and get rid of it.

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? No--only have a small freezer in the refrigerator now. No need to do that.

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine? Both

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? Just a little cluttered. I need to have my kitchen remodeled to have more cabinets.

-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now. I think my answer was suppose to be sometimes.

Woke up too early today--have a super Sunday!

Old 08-19-2018, 05:37 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination? no but I’ve been with people who have

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town? no

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? yep

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? yes at work

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? no

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine? two kinds of butter - sometimes three

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? cluttered right now

-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now.

Well, my brain is now beyond the getting fuzzy stage so I best get what I have posted. thank you and I hope you get a nap today - or better sleep tonight

Old 08-19-2018, 08:07 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,925,477 times
Howdy folks. I have only had maybe 4 hours of sleep since Thur. morning... So sorry!

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination? No, not that close.

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town? Never

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? Haha! Yes, but I'm not sharing.

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? No

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? No because I don't keep food for too long nor do I put so much in the freezer that that would be necessary.

BUTTER! I haven't had margarine since I was a kid and didn't have a choice.

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? My kitchen counters are very neat, clean, and organized.
They never have "non-kitchen stuff" cluttering them.

Mutt, here's one for you: Did you get some more sleep? I hope so!

Thanks Mutt! I hope you got some sleep!
Wishing everybody a groovy day!
Be safe out there in the world today.

Last edited by geebabe; 08-19-2018 at 08:46 AM..

Old 08-19-2018, 08:10 AM

88,511 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Oh no, I hope you get to catch some zzzz soon.

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination? Yes, while working on a project that required six days a week of 12-hour days and the drive was 90 minutes. I almost fell asleep on the NJ Turnpike and pulled into a rest stop for a while.

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town? When I was young we did this for bachelorette parties sometimes.

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? Yes, usually clothing inside out.

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? No, not in many years

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? No, I don't keep things long enough to do that.

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine? [IYou would find butter and Earth Balance, a vegan product.

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? Some papers, but I hate clutter and minimize my appliances to coffeemaker, toaster, and microwave.

-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now. That's because you need sleep!

Thanks! You did a good job in spite of your sleepy state.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:06 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

too much stinky cheese and beer will do that to you, I've heard.

Sunday's Questions:

not that close but yes.

nope.
I'd rather rent a horse and buggy.

yes.

only freezer I have is in my refrigerator. no defrosting needed.

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer?

nope. probably should tho.

butter. maybe not even that.

definitely well organized.

I think you were going to ask how to cook brussels sprouts.

thanks, mutt. Hope you get lots of sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics