U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 09:22 PM

6,987 posts, read 7,190,195 times

Advertisements

Howdy folks. I have only had maybe 4 hours of sleep since Thur. morning and my brain and eyes are somewhat fuzzy at the moment. So as what Geraldine would say..."What you see is what you get".

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination?

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town?

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it?

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time?

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer?

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine?

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff?

-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now.

Well, my brain is now beyond the getting fuzzy stage so I best get what I have posted.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 09:25 PM

10,407 posts, read 7,852,282 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination?
- Nope

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town? - I've never been in a limo.

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? - I don't think so

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? - I don't.

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? - No need. I have a very low supply.

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine? - Butter is always on hand.

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? - A little clutter but I live in a small apartment...

-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now.

Well, my brain is now beyond the getting fuzzy stage so I best get what I have posted.

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 08-18-2018, 09:49 PM

123,367 posts, read 16,682,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Howdy folks. I have only had maybe 4 hours of sleep since Thur. morning and my brain and eyes are somewhat fuzzy at the moment. So as what Geraldine would say..."What you see is what you get".

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination?...Not yet

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town?.....No

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it?...No

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time?...Yes

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer?..Yes I do

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine?...Butter only

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff?..Very organized

THANK YOU Alaskan Mutt

Old 08-18-2018, 10:19 PM

14,887 posts, read 19,267,391 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination? Not with just a couple of miles to go but I have with a couple of hundred miles to go.

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town? No.

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? Yep.

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? Yes.

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? Nope.

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? They're cluttered but only with kitchen stuff.

-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now. Can we make up one?

Good job Mutt.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:31 PM

49,213 posts, read 70,494,314 times

Hot date???

Sunday's Questions:

Yes! I was falling asleep despite loud stereo and light inside the cabin. It was dangerous to continue driving. I had a short nap at a gas station.

No, but my son rented one for mother's day

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it?

Hahaha... Yes! I went out wearing my top inside out!!
I had it on for a while and people were giving me some funny looks, till my date chuckling told me why. I found the nearest bathroom and flipped it around.
Few times happened that I left home wearing house slippers

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time?

Not anymore

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer?

Nope. Most of the times I grab something from the top, but few times I had something really old. Like few months ago I found a piece of meat with the store stamp 2007. I defrosted it and had for dinner. The meat was just fine...

Mar... what? No, I have real unsalted butter there.

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff?

Semi-organized and only kitchen stuff there.

That's OK Mutt, go to bed (alone!!) and recuperate!

We are happy with that!! Thank you!!
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; 08-18-2018 at 11:13 PM..

Old 08-18-2018, 10:45 PM

42,265 posts, read 55,652,438 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination? Only when many many miles or hours away from home.

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town? No.

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? Have.

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? Yes we have one in the garage about 40 years old that gets defrosted once a year.

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? Sometimes.

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine? Buttah.

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? Pretty well organized. A place for everything, everything in it's place.

-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now. WHAT!

Well, my brain is now beyond the getting fuzzy stage so I best get what I have posted. Thanks Mutt, here's a to relax on.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:52 PM

114,776 posts, read 60,583,203 times

Sunday's Questions:

I have had to drive almost 200 miles dead tired and trying to fall asleep the entire time. Was driving back from the gulf coast after preparing for a hurricane in the early 80's. My employer was asleep and I didn't want to wake him. He's lucky I got us both home alive.

Both at the moment, but generally only butter.
Cluttered somewhat and the pantry is stuff.
Yes!

Nice job with a fuzzy head Al! Thanks!

Last edited by SATX56; 08-18-2018 at 11:04 PM..

Old 08-18-2018, 11:24 PM

9,515 posts, read 15,144,086 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination? Yup

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town? Nope

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? Yup. Had my shirt on inside out

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? Yup. Have a small deep freeze. I can take everything out, defrost it, and have everything back in, in around 30 minutes

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? Sometimes. Also have a dry erase board on my freezer to write down what's in there. Comes in handy!

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine? Yup. Always use margarine and gotta have that butter for my popcorn! (Not the microwave popcorn, thank goodness!!)

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? Cluttered

-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now. Go lay down and slip into a coma for a few hours.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:26 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,714,442 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever been so tired while driving that you had to pull over and take a short nap when only a couple miles from your destination? Haven't ever pulled over for a nap. Have stopped for something to eat/drink and continued on.

-Have you ever rented a luxury stretch limo for a night out on the town? Haven't

-Have you ever had a clothing mishap and had no idea how long you may have been walking around with it? Oh, you mean like wearing a sweater inside out?

-Does anyone here still have a freezer that you have to defrost from time to time? I don't

-Speaking of freezers, do you write the date on things so that you know how long they have been in the freezer? Living alone, I buy in limited amounts & don't freeze many foods.

-If I was to snoop around in your fridge would I find butter or margarine? Only butter. Margarine isn't good for you.

-Since I am snooping around, are your kitchen counters well organized or are they cluttered with non-kitchen stuff? Came home from Maine yesterday and since it was my birthday I didn't spend the day putting everything away. So yes, counters are cluttered, though mostly with kitchen stuff.

-There is supposed to be a question here but I can't think of any more questions right now. Get some rest, Mutt!

Well, my brain is now beyond the getting fuzzy stage so I best get what I have posted.Thanks!

Old 08-18-2018, 11:45 PM

19,368 posts, read 7,072,304 times
Sunday's Questions:

Yes, though I was a lot farther from my destination. I didn't nap because it was in the middle of the day. Instead I stopped at a cafe and had some lunch.
No, I have never done that.
Yes, I've forgotten to zip up a couple of times, but I'd like to think in both cases it didn't really show.
No way. I've got better things to do.
Yes, for most things.
Yes, two kind of stick butter (salted and unsalted) and spreadable tub butter.
They're pretty well organized.
There is supposed to be an answer here, but I'm fresh out.

Well, my brain is now beyond the getting fuzzy stage so I best get what I have posted.[/quote]
Thanks, Mr. Mutt. I hope you get some sleep.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 08-19-2018 at 12:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics