Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 11:27 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,816,297 times

Advertisements

[quote=cloven;53043017]Happy Monday September 10, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
If you wear jeans, do you prefer high, mid, or low “rise” (inseam, where the top of pants reach, such as at waistline or hips)-or have you no idea ? It doesn't matter as long as they are comfortable.
“Skinny” jeans-like ‘em, loathe ‘em, or “huh ?” ? LOL I just bought a pair. They are so comfortable.

Extra Credit:
Do you keep your freezer/fridge settings on very cold, midrange, or closer to the “less cold” end of the dial ? I don't really know what it's set on.

Bonus:
Have you ever had to fend off, chase away, a wild animal ? Just a squirrel destroying my sun flowers

Just for Fun:
Have you ever found a feather on the ground and picked it up ? Yes
If so, did you keep it ? Do you know what kind of bird it came from ? Poor cardinal. That's all that was left of it.

Today in History:
1846: Elias Howe, Jr. receives a patent for refinements to sewing machine, the first to feature a lockstitch
1931: Birth of actor Philip Baker Hall (Boogie Nights)
1944: Birth of singer-songwriter & guitarist José Feliciano (Feliz Navidad)
1953: Birth of actress Amy Irving (Unsane)
1960: Birth of author & illustrator Alison Bechdel (Fun Home)
1960: Birth of actor Colin Firth (The King’s Speech)
1967: The citizens of Gibraltar (located at the entrance to the Mediterranean Sea) vote to remain a British dependency rather than to become part of Spain
1974: Recognition of Guinea-Bissau’s (on the west coast of Africa) independence from Portugal
1984: Birth of actor Luke Treadaway (Fortitude)
1984: Birth of actor Harry Treadaway (Penny Dreadful)
2002: Switzerland joins the United Nations as a full/voting member (having previously had only neutral/observer status), the first country to do so in response to a nationwide referendum

Today’s Word:
decry /dəˈkrī/ (vb.): Criticize, denounce, deprecate, and depreciate.
To call something out as not being what it purports to be-express disapproval, disfavor, and disagreement as to the value of something which touts itself as benign or beneficial.

Today Is:
World Suicide Prevention Day
-this week is-
International Housekeepers Week
National Truck Driver Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center left side-

Thought for the Day:
“What we can see depends heavily on what our culture has trained us to look for.”
-Nell Irvin Painter

Wishing you a harmless Monday, in which nothing gets in your way or slows you down

Thanks Cloven. Those words have never been more prophetic. I'm going ice skating today for the first time since the accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 12:26 PM

5,909 posts, read 3,805,372 times
Happy Monday September 10, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
If you wear jeans, do you prefer high, mid, or low “rise” (inseam, where the top of pants reach, such as at waistline or hips)-or have you no idea ?
Haha that's funny, I can't wear "skinny" anything
“Skinny” jeans-like ‘em, loathe ‘em, or “huh ?” ? LOL
I'd love to be able to wear them but I've got a long road ahead of me

Extra Credit:
Do you keep your freezer/fridge settings on very cold, midrange, or closer to the “less cold” end of the dial ?
I keep it on the recommended settings

Bonus:
Have you ever had to fend off, chase away, a wild animal ?
No I've never had to do that so far

Just for Fun:
Have you ever found a feather on the ground and picked it up ? yes

If so, did you keep it ? No, I just think they are cool to look at

Do you know what kind of bird it came from ? no clue

Today in History:
1846: Elias Howe, Jr. receives a patent for refinements to sewing machine, the first to feature a lockstitch
1967: The citizens of Gibraltar (located at the entrance to the Mediterranean Sea) vote to remain a British dependency rather than to become part of Spain
1974: Recognition of Guinea-Bissau’s (on the west coast of Africa) independence from Portugal
2002: Switzerland joins the United Nations as a full/voting member (having previously had only neutral/observer status), the first country to do so in response to a nationwide referendum

Today’s Word:
To call something out as not being what it purports to be-express disapproval, disfavor, and disagreement as to the value of something which touts itself as benign or beneficial.

Today Is:
-this week is-

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
“What we can see depends heavily on what our culture has trained us to look for.”
-Nell Irvin Painter
So true!

Wishing you a harmless Monday, in which nothing gets in your way or slows you down

Thanks Cloven!

Old 09-10-2018, 12:58 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,381,047 times
Today’s Question:
If you wear jeans, do you prefer high, mid, or low “rise” (inseam, where the top of pants reach, such as at waistline or hips)-or have you no idea ?
High rise, up to my waist.
Mixed feelings...got talked into buying a few pairs (not just jeans, but also the same style made from different material) last year bc that’s what was in stores,
however gaining a mere 5 lbs. makes them hard to pour myself into
and bc of how tight they are, they cause leg zits so have to alternate wearing them with loose pants.

Extra Credit:
Do you keep your freezer/fridge settings on very cold, midrange, or closer to the “less cold” end of the dial ?
Midrange to cold, bc it’s crucial for my ice cream to stay solid.

Bonus:
At my bf’s house, I ran off a pair of wild turkeys that were in his garden (by chasing after them and hollering).

Just for Fun:
Have you ever found a feather on the ground and picked it up ?
If so, did you keep it ? Do you know what kind of bird it came from ?
^Sometimes, to both-incl. turkey and maybe ? a woodpecker (tiny fluffy feather with red, white, and blue-perhaps it was artificially dyed instead of natural-not sure).

Old 09-10-2018, 04:21 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,617,291 times
Thanx cloven.
Evenin' all!

Today’s Question:
Mid to low rise. I'm basically built like a paper towel tube, so women's jeans are too big for me everywhere else if the waist fits.

Extra Credit:
I like it pretty frosty.

Bonus:
I have to chase various mammals from my bird feeders, but in general, not from myself personally. I feel lucky to live where I do as virtually nothing here is out for human meat.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever found a feather on the ground and picked it up ? I have, many times.
If so, did you keep it ? Do you know what kind of bird it came from ? I don't keep them, but I usually know what bird they came from.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
-this week is-

Today’s Picture:
Super cool! Thanx cloven.

Thought for the Day:
-Nell Irvin Painter

Thanx cloven. Same to you. Thanx again for the maze.
Have a good one everyone!

Old 09-10-2018, 04:38 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,912,780 times
Today’s Question:
If you wear jeans, do you prefer high, mid, or low “rise” (inseam, where the top of pants reach, such as at waistline or hips)-or have you no idea ? === I like them to sit at my waist rather than below.
“Skinny” jeans-like ‘em, loathe ‘em, or “huh ?” ? LOL === Like them on others, but they're not for me.

Extra Credit:
Do you keep your freezer/fridge settings on very cold, midrange, or closer to the “less cold” end of the dial ? === Midrange.

Bonus:
Have you ever had to fend off, chase away, a wild animal ? === Not exactly wild, but not tame either. We had a goat and a few sheep on the 5 acres we had adjacent to our house in New Zealand. They would occasionally get out through an old and difficult to repair part of the fencing that ran through a thicket of trees. The silly creatures would come up the road and congregate on our driveway; I once opened the front door and the goat was standing there just waiting to be "shooed" back to the paddock. And I'm no shepherd.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever found a feather on the ground and picked it up ? === I picked one up the other day thinking I'd draw and paint it some time. Now that I think of it, I have no idea where it is.

If so, did you keep it ? Do you know what kind of bird it came from ? === I know I kept it, but have no idea where. It was a small one -- probably just from a grackle.

Thanks cloven.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:54 PM

88,688 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Today’s Question:
If you wear jeans, do you prefer high, mid, or low “rise” (inseam, where the top of pants reach, such as at waistline or hips)-or have you no idea ? Mid
“Skinny” jeans-like ‘em, loathe ‘em, or “huh ?” ? LOL Don't care.

Extra Credit:
Do you keep your freezer/fridge settings on very cold, midrange, or closer to the “less cold” end of the dial ? Toward the "more cold" side

Bonus:
Have you ever had to fend off, chase away, a wild animal ? This summer I was chasing a great blue heron who kept showing up to eat the chipmunks for about a week.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever found a feather on the ground and picked it up ? Often
If so, did you keep it ? Do you know what kind of bird it came from ? Crow, seagull, blue jay...

Old 09-10-2018, 11:07 PM

3,084 posts, read 1,689,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

Today’s Question:
If you wear jeans, do you prefer high, mid, or low “rise” (inseam, where the top of pants reach, such as at waistline or hips)-or have you no idea ? Mid-to-high. I didn't like hip-huggers even the first time they were popular.
“Skinny” jeans-like ‘em, loathe ‘em, or “huh ?” ? LOL Don't like them on most people.

Extra Credit:

Bonus:
Have you ever had to fend off, chase away, a wild animal ? Yep

Just for Fun:
Have you ever found a feather on the ground and picked it up ? Yes
If so, did you keep it ? Do you know what kind of bird it came from ? Sometimes, and no. Haven't picked one up in ... eons.

Thanks, Cloven!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics