Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 04:11 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,152,039 times

Advertisements

~ Are there any figurines in your home?

~ The fishing reel needs more _______.

~ Would you like a FREE metal detector to go roaming around ________?

~ Ever touched a meteorite?

~ Something notable that you were at:

~ An old black & white movie that you'd maybe watch again...list a bunch of them, Like Laura might do:

~ Have you ever been in a Subway train/station?

~ Something that you once found!:

~ Scale of 1 - 10...how much of a germaphobe are you?

~ How often do you say things like hi or good morning or the like...to any neighbors?

~ Does a bank have to allow you to cash a 'cashiers check' without you making a deposit?

~ Flea markets/yard sales/garage sales, etc....do/did you ever enjoy going to them? Is there a flea market anywhere near you that you can go to?

~ What sort of things for sale would you hope to find there?

~ Who would like a FREE 4 day, 3 night trip to Savannah, Georgia?

**** Happy-doodle to all; thanks to all the veterans! A very special day of remembrance and appreciation to all of our service members! It's officially Nov. 11th but many services and stuff will be held on other days as well. ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1BO...tvaZwFmSb14THf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 04:19 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,152,039 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-E7_VHLvkE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p89kAp4rzBE

Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 AM

11,383 posts, read 9,302,949 times
~ Are there any figurines in your home? - No

~ Would you like a FREE metal detector to go roaming around - Not needed

~ Ever touched a meteorite? - Nope

~ Something notable that you were at: - https://www.calacademy.org/

The many sites in Washington, DC. Going to the Vietnam Memorial on Memorial Day several years ago was very moving.

~ An old black & white movie that you'd maybe watch again...list a bunch of them, Like Laura might do:

~ Have you ever been in a Subway train/station? - Many times. The Washington DC Metro system is one of the biggest in the United States. A station is 3 miles from where I live. Look NE on this map;

https://www.wmata.com/schedules/maps...System-Map.pdf

~ Something that you once found!: - A wallet with $300.00 in it. Took me 45 minutes to find the owner as it was in a parking lot of a high rise office building. He did not offer me a reward.

~ Scale of 1 - 10...how much of a germaphobe are you? - 3

~ How often do you say things like hi or good morning or the like...to any neighbors? - I don't often see them. People here pretty much keep to themselves.

~ Does a bank have to allow you to cash a 'cashiers check' without you making a deposit? - They are entitled to make their own rules.

~ Flea markets/yard sales/garage sales, etc....do/did you ever enjoy going to them? Is there a flea market anywhere near you that you can go to? - Never been to one

~ What sort of things for sale would you hope to find there? - No interest

~ Who would like a FREE 4 day, 3 night trip to Savannah, Georgia? - Pass. It won't really me free since I have to use my leave that I earned. I do not have any current vacation time but next month I get 2 weeks. Can take up to a year to use and I must use. I won't be taking 4 of those to said city but thanks anyway!

Thank you for the Friday Questions!

Old 11-09-2018, 04:28 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,282,876 times
~ Are there any figurines in your home?..............I guess I do if you count Willow Tree Angels.

~ Would you like a FREE metal detector to go roaming around ___sure_____?

~ Ever touched a meteorite?..........Nope

~ Something notable that you were at:..............A trial.

~ An old black & white movie that you'd maybe watch again...list a bunch of them, Like Laura might do:.........Not into old movies.

~ Have you ever been in a Subway train/station?..............Train station.

~ Something that you once found!:............Money, it was returned to it owner.

~ Scale of 1 - 10...how much of a germaphobe are you?..............8

~ How often do you say things like hi or good morning or the like...to any neighbors?.........I do this whenever I see them.

~ Does a bank have to allow you to cash a 'cashiers check' without you making a deposit?................Yes

~ Flea markets/yard sales/garage sales, etc....do/did you ever enjoy going to them? Is there a flea market anywhere near you that you can go to?.............I never do yard sales. My husband and I love flea markets. We’ll drive a couple of hours to attend our favorite ones.

~ What sort of things for sale would you hope to find there?.........I look for antiques and vintage Pyrex. Hubby loves the tools.

~ Who would like a FREE 4 day, 3 night trip to Savannah, Georgia?...........Sure

**** Happy-doodle to all; thanks to all the veterans! A very special day of remembrance and appreciation to all of our service members! It's officially Nov. 11th but many services and stuff will be held on other days as well. ****

Old 11-09-2018, 05:22 AM

30,583 posts, read 16,272,886 times
~ Are there any figurines in your home?

yup. not a lot but mostly hippos and angels.

~ The fishing reel needs more __fish_____.

~ Would you like a FREE metal detector to go roaming around ________?
I'd love one. I'd start in my yard and then any one's yard where allowed.

nope

location would probably be Niagara Falls. Event, witness in a trial once and on the jury of another.

Them, the Day the Earth Stood Still, Glen Miller Story, original Miracle on 34th Street, Harvey, maybe a couple of others I can't think of at the moment

yes. stuffy smelly places

a lost kitten and a lost dog-not at the same time
money outside a bank. Took it back into the bank.
also found $20 in a wal-mart parking lot. Some young man held the door for me so I gave it to him. he was just being courteous and I was pleasantly surprised.

not sure which way the scale goes but not much of one.

~ How often do you say things like hi or good morning or the like...to any neighbors?

if I see them.

~ Does a bank have to allow you to cash a 'cashiers check' without you making a deposit?

I think it's up to the bank. Send me one and we'll find out.

~ Flea markets/yard sales/garage sales, etc....do/did you ever enjoy going to them? Is there a flea market anywhere near you that you can go to?

love them. There's no flea markets that close and none this time of year. too cold.

hippos, craft supplies, currently an old table for my soon-to-be craft room

maybe. do they have flea markets there?

thanks, roosty. will listen to the music later. Right now I'm enjoying Ofra Haza. love her voice.

Last edited by PAhippo; 11-09-2018 at 05:40 AM..

Old 11-09-2018, 05:24 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,711,416 times
~ Are there any figurines in your home? Yes

~ The fishing reel needs more __weights_____.

~ Would you like a FREE metal detector to go roaming around sure________?

~ Ever touched a meteorite? No

~ Something notable that you were at: Statue of Liberty

~ Have you ever been in a Subway train/station? Yes

~ Something that you once found!: A duck, raccoon and a wallet.

~ Scale of 1 - 10...how much of a germaphobe are you? 5

~ How often do you say things like hi or good morning or the like...to any neighbors? I do so whenever I see them.

~ Does a bank have to allow you to cash a 'cashiers check' without you making a deposit? No.

~ Flea markets/yard sales/garage sales, etc....do/did you ever enjoy going to them? I’ve been to flea markets in the past. Is there a flea market anywhere near you that you can go to? It’s a few miles away.

~ What sort of things for sale would you hope to find there? Whatever caught my eye and was useful.

~ Who would like a FREE 4 day, 3 night trip to Savannah, Georgia? No thanks.

[/quote]

Happy Friday, everyone!

Old 11-09-2018, 05:36 AM

126,306 posts, read 19,093,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Are there any figurines in your home? I have a few animal figurines

~ The fishing reel needs more cleaning .

~ Would you like a FREE metal detector to go roaming around no thank you?

~ Something notable that you were at: Joined the Terry Fox Run

~ An old black & white movie that you'd maybe watch again...list a bunch of them, Like Laura might do: None come in mind

~ Have you ever been in a Subway train/station? Yes in Germany

~ Something that you once found!: coins on the ground after the snow melted

~ Scale of 1 - 10...how much of a germaphobe are you? 3 to 4 maybe

~ How often do you say things like hi or good morning or the like...to any neighbors? Whenever I see them while walking,gardening,shoveling snow

~ Does a bank have to allow you to cash a 'cashiers check' without you making a deposit? It has been a while.I think so.

~ Flea markets/yard sales/garage sales, etc....do/did you ever enjoy going to them? Is there a flea market anywhere near you that you can go to? It has been years since I have been to a flea market or garage sales.I always enjoyed browsing around

~ What sort of things for sale would you hope to find there? Books,craft or art,maybe antique items

~ Who would like a FREE 4 day, 3 night trip to Savannah, Georgia? Sure.When is the best season to visit?

THANK YOU roosty

Old 11-09-2018, 06:09 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,435,919 times
[quote=rainroosty;53596214]~ Are there any figurines in your home?

What counts as figurines? I have some old toys that I guess could be considered figurines.

~ The fishing reel needs more of whatever you think it needs

~ Would you like a FREE metal detector to go roaming around?

Sure, I've never used one before.

I think so.

Like how notable?

All the ones I'm thinking of as being in B&W, I realize they were in color. Hmm. I don't know. I'm sure there are plenty but I can't think of them right now. I haven't watched many recently. B&W TV, I can name many.

No.

Two headed lizard.

Maybe a 9. I used to be an 11, but I've relaxed about it.

Usually wave.

I think so.

Once I was asked to go to a flea market and I really didn't want to go, but ended up enjoying it.

Nothing really. I just enjoyed looking.

I guess so.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:50 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,386,567 times
~ Are there any figurines in your home? Yes, afraid so.

~ The fishing reel needs more _use______.

~ Would you like a FREE metal detector to go roaming around _Sure!_______?

~ Something notable that you were at: Alas, I can't think of anything of note

On the Waterfront, any of the Thin Man movies

~ Have you ever been in a Subway train/station? Yes

~ Something that you once found!: Ten dollar bill

~ Scale of 1 - 10...how much of a germaphobe are you? 5

~ How often do you say things like hi or good morning or the like...to any neighbors? Maybe 1-2 times a week

~ Does a bank have to allow you to cash a 'cashiers check' without you making a deposit? Haven't been in a bank for many years

~ Flea markets/yard sales/garage sales, etc....do/did you ever enjoy going to them? Is there a flea market anywhere near you that you can go to? No, but I do go to swap meets related to classic cars 1-2 times a year.

~ What sort of things for sale would you hope to find there? Deals on tools and accessories

~ Who would like a FREE 4 day, 3 night trip to Savannah, Georgia? I'll take it

Old 11-09-2018, 06:55 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,415 times
~ Are there any figurines in your home? There are. One I like especially is a wrought iron sculpture, about 12 inches tall, of a figure running. One arm is up and she's holding a dragonfly.

~ The fishing reel needs more line.....?

~ Would you like a FREE metal detector to go roaming around? Sure. The kids might like using it at the beach.

~ Ever touched a meteorite? Haven't

~ Something notable that you were at: The birth of my two oldest grandchildren

~ An old black & white movie that you'd maybe watch again...list a bunch of them, Like Laura might do: It's a Wonderful Life, Casablanca, Great Expectations, Harvey

~ Have you ever been in a Subway train/station? Years ago

~ Something that you once found!: When my mother was older she would misplace things a lot. I once found her reading glasses in the fridge.

~ Scale of 1 - 10...how much of a germaphobe are you? 2, maybe.... at most.

~ How often do you say things like hi or good morning or the like...to any neighbors? Very rarely see any neighbors.

~ Does a bank have to allow you to cash a 'cashiers check' without you making a deposit? What? No.

~ Flea markets/yard sales/garage sales, etc....do/did you ever enjoy going to them? Is there a flea market anywhere near you that you can go to? I like flea markets... not so much garage sales. There used to be a flea market within a thirty minute drive from here, but it closed a few years ago.

~ What sort of things for sale would you hope to find there? I would mostly go just to look.

~ Who would like a FREE 4 day, 3 night trip to Savannah, Georgia? If a few friends can come too, sure..... why not?

**** Happy-doodle to all; thanks to all the veterans! A very special day of remembrance and appreciation to all of our service members! It's officially Nov. 11th but many services and stuff will be held on other days as well. **** Absolutely, roosty! Thank you to Veterans and their families!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics