U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 04:06 PM

6,959 posts, read 7,527,702 times

Advertisements

Being a retired Fed, I subscribe to several web sites. One of the best is Federal News Radio for info. Federal News Radio - WFED: Heavenly Reading

It had a great column today on editing malaprops in Church Newsletters. What your old english teacher told you about spelling and punctuation still holds true. I've read a few posts here on City-Data where better spelling and punctuation would have clarified a poster's intent. Laugh and Learn!

The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.

Don't let worry kill you off --- let the Church help.

Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I Will Not Pass This Way Again' giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.

Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and the deterioration of some older ones.

The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.

This evening at 7 p.m. there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.

Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning...all ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. Please use the back door.

Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.

The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge --- Up Yours."

Last edited by TheEmissary; 04-11-2008 at 04:27 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 09:01 PM

392 posts, read 1,106,634 times
ROFL! Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-11-2008, 09:17 PM

6,959 posts, read 7,527,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanRoadGirl View Post
ROFL! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, I think tho' I should have picked a better title for the thread!

Old 04-12-2008, 01:01 AM

252 posts, read 321,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Thanks, I think tho' I should have picked a better title for the thread!
That was a great read

Old 04-13-2008, 10:35 AM

5,826 posts, read 8,986,908 times
Keeper, each and every one.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:59 AM

28,722 posts, read 42,848,615 times
Laughed so hard I cried.

I can't remember if I've posted this here or not. If anyone is offended, it's okay, I understand.

Farting Preacher - FartingPreacher.org | The Orginal Robert Tilton Farting Preacher Video Clips (http://tinyurl.com/y8nze8 - broken link)

Old 04-13-2008, 12:17 PM

28,227 posts, read 20,368,900 times
Thank you for the Sunday "funnies".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics