U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,312,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree View Post
I agree with all of you,my problem is I'm too petite and jeans and pants are the worst. They will fit everywhere and be dragging on the ground or the length and everywhere else will fit but the waist will be huge and the waist are cut so low you feel as if your giving a peep show everytime you sit down.
Now you know why I prefer dresses!

You ladies aren't giving this gal from the boonies any hope at all! It's bad enough that I only get to the city about once a year to do any shopping, but even in the city, my selections are very limited compared to yours. I don't know whether to wail in despair or smile secretly because so many others feel my pain.

Twenty-five body types?!?!?! We're doomed!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 PM

71,583 posts, read 17,802,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Now you know why I prefer dresses!

You ladies aren't giving this gal from the boonies any hope at all! It's bad enough that I only get to the city about once a year to do any shopping, but even in the city, my selections are very limited compared to yours. I don't know whether to wail in despair or smile secretly because so many others feel my pain.

Twenty-five body types?!?!?! We're doomed!
Where would that be that would be that far from shopping,and why?

Old 04-17-2008, 01:39 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,312,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLovIzzy View Post
Where would that be that would be that far from shopping,and why?
I'm in a remote Alaskan village because this is where dh's job has taken us. My village doesn't have any roads connecting it to anywhere, so the only way to reach me is by plane. The really adventurous can come by boat, ski, dogsled, snow mobile, or by foot; obviously these options are only available for part of the year.

One of the things I missed when I first moved to Alaska was the availability of good shopping for women's clothing. It hasn't changed much in 17 years. I've gotten quite adept at internet shopping, though, but it's really inconvenient when it comes to clothes.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:55 AM

11,133 posts, read 23,426,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
I'm in a remote Alaskan village... I've gotten quite adept at internet shopping, though, but it's really inconvenient when it comes to clothes.
I guess you're familiar with Coldwater Creek? One of my co-workers just loves that brand, and she's always well put together. She orders from the catalog. The colors are not really what works on me the best, but the clothing styles are quite flattering and attractive.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:01 PM

31 posts, read 159,996 times
I have the opposite problem, I have to try on 20 pairs of pants before I can find one that's long enough.
My best advice: take your small child shopping with you! Joke!
My five year old pulled the most awesome blazer off the rack for me and it was 10 times better than the 8 I pulled out! It's the only one that made it home.
I think Marshalls and TJ Maxx are a great alternative if Ann Taylor is too pricey. But I love them all!

Old 04-18-2008, 04:02 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,229,563 times
It is over 3+ hours round trip drive for me to the nearest 'big' city. Only a
Wal-Mart nearby and I refuse to do any serious clothes buying there. Being a Realtor does require that I dress accordingly to the property that I may be showing. Even tho' I have lost many, many pounds, I still need to say good bye to about another 12-15. I detest clothes shopping. Especially for tops of any type. The sleeves for summer clothes are ridiculous.

If there was a seamstress nearby I would prefer to haave my 'big people' clothes altered. They were bought at Dillards, Macy's and other dress shops 10-12 years ago. I love the styles, but they are way too big now. I'm putting them on a yard sale soon.

Hi Gretchen!!! Glad to see that you found this part of CD. And I totally agree with this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics