Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 04:32 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times

Advertisements

~ Do you eat rice pretty often? What kind of ricey stuff do you like to eat?

~ Have you ever eaten okra? Was it slimy and didja like it?

~ Do you ever cook a whole potato and do you have a preferred way of doing so?

~ Do you wash the potato before cooking it or do you like to just give a quick one-two rinse off...or do you just throw them in to cook? Do you like the thought of eating them dirty?

~ Is Washington D.C. a state?

~ Do you think that historic monuments should be destroyed or removed ever?

~ How many flags should hang on a flag pole in the U.S.A.?

~ What do you think about Judge Judy?

~ Do you like 'pot pies'? How long since you have had one, what kind might be your favorite and do you want crust on the bottom as well as on the top?

**** Everybody Wang Chung tonight! ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 05:02 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Steamed white rice with broccoli in oyster sauce
Uncle Ben's Ready Rice: Roasted Chicken

~ Have you ever eaten okra? Was it slimy and didja like it? never ate it

~ Do you ever cook a whole potato and do you have a preferred way of doing so? I like a whole baked sweet potato with butter and brown sugar but I never baked it myself. Plain old baked potato is okay, too, with butter or sour cream.

~ Do you wash the potato before cooking it or do you like to just give a quick one-two rinse off...or do you just throw them in to cook? Do you like the thought of eating them dirty? I don't usually bake a potato at home but if I do I rinse it first.

~ Is Washington D.C. a state? no

~ Do you think that historic monuments should be destroyed or removed ever? No, history is history. If you don't like it, give it to some organization that does.

~ How many flags should hang on a flag pole in the U.S.A.? I think two per pole is allowed but not if both are from different countries because you can't hang one higher than the other but I don't know the rule for say, two sports teams or two organizations. I'm guessing that doesn't matter. I've never seen 3 flags on a pole.

~ What do you think about Judge Judy? I don't think I've ever watched her show so I have no opinion of her.

~ Do you like 'pot pies'? How long since you have had one, what kind might be your favorite and do you want crust on the bottom as well as on the top? Don't like them. It's been like 50 + years since I had one. You know, a pot pie is a perfect place to hide a lima bean or two...that's how you trick little kids into eating lima beans.

Old 07-26-2019, 05:16 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
~ Do you eat rice pretty often? What kind of ricey stuff do you like to eat? - Not too often. Only when I go for a Chinese lunch special which isn't often or I will get a little off Balducci's food bar on Fridays.

~ Have you ever eaten okra? Was it slimy and didja like it? - No / N/A

~ Do you ever cook a whole potato and do you have a preferred way of doing so? - Seldom have, can't remember the last time.

~ Do you wash the potato before cooking it or do you like to just give a quick one-two rinse off...or do you just throw them in to cook? Do you like the thought of eating them dirty? ^

~ Is Washington D.C. a state? - Of course not but it should be.

~ Do you think that historic monuments should be destroyed or removed ever? - In most cases leave it alone.

~ How many flags should hang on a flag pole in the U.S.A.? - One per pole.

~ What do you think about Judge Judy? - Only saw a few times and not in many years. From what I remember her style is a little off-putting for my taste...

~ Do you like 'pot pies'? How long since you have had one, what kind might be your favorite and do you want crust on the bottom as well as on the top? - No interest. I remember having the frozen commercial kind as a kid. Haven't had since. The local to my job Safeway makes them fresh but it still doesn't interest me.

**** Everybody Wang Chung tonight! **** - I'm going to see the Elvis Costello and Blondie concert tonight in DC. I took the day off in honor of the event.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 07-26-2019, 05:22 AM

30,522 posts, read 16,217,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

yea-more in winter than summer.
rice, salmon, dried cranberries, peas
rice, chicken, cheese

once-it was in a stew so don't know if it was slimy and couldn't really taste it.

chop it up and throw it in a stir fry. Prefer sweet potato this way but white is ok.

~ Do you wash the potato before cooking it or do you like to just give a quick one-two rinse off...or do you just throw them in to cook? Do you like the thought of eating them dirty?

rinsed in cold water.

no, it's a district. That's the D.

no. I agree with Laura. Destroying the monument will not change history.

Don't know as I've ever seen more than one.

I've never seen her so no opinion.

~ Do you like 'pot pies'? How long since you have had one, what kind might be your favorite and do you want crust on the bottom as well as on the top?

top crust only. The ones I've tried are way too salty but I keep looking.

thanks, roosty.

have a great weekend everyone

Old 07-26-2019, 06:00 AM

126,272 posts, read 19,045,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

............Myself I try to avoid eating rice only on special occasions.I like Biryani or Kulebyaka

...............I only like Punabi okra masala/bindi masala made like this and no it was not slimy for me

https://www.sailusfood.com/punjabi-b...masala-recipe/

............I like baked potato or boiled potato

.............I rinse them with cold water

.................No

....................Never

..................I had a little chicken pot pie and it was okay

THANK YOU roosty

Old 07-26-2019, 06:16 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,167,557 times
~ Do you eat rice pretty often? What kind of ricey stuff do you like to eat? Maybe twice a month, fried rice, brown rice plain, or risotto.

~ Have you ever eaten okra? Was it slimy and didja like it? Yes, yes and NO! (never again)

~ Do you ever cook a whole potato and do you have a preferred way of doing so? Yes, baked.

~ Do you wash the potato before cooking it or do you like to just give a quick one-two rinse off...or do you just throw them in to cook? Do you like the thought of eating them dirty? I like to eat the skin on baked so I do wash them well with water and a brush.

~ Is Washington D.C. a state? No

~ Do you think that historic monuments should be destroyed or removed ever? No, if in the way of something important like a freeway, just move it.

~ How many flags should hang on a flag pole in the U.S.A.? 1

~ What do you think about Judge Judy? Entertaining, it's hard to believe people could be so stupid.

~ Do you like 'pot pies'? How long since you have had one, what kind might be your favorite and do you want crust on the bottom as well as on the top? Yes, crust on top, and I like chicken and beef.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:18 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,405,814 times
~ Do you eat rice pretty often? What kind of ricey stuff do you like to eat? All the time. Usually just make plain rice to mix with whatever other dish I am making.

~ Have you ever eaten okra? Was it slimy and didja like it? I ate okra once. Yes, it was slimy. No, I didn’t like it.

~ Do you ever cook a whole potato and do you have a preferred way of doing so? Microwave.

~ Do you wash the potato before cooking it or do you like to just give a quick one-two rinse off...or do you just throw them in to cook? Do you like the thought of eating them dirty? I wash them. I don’t like the thought of eating them dirty.

~ Is Washington D.C. a state? It’s a city.

~ Do you think that historic monuments should be destroyed or removed ever? Sigh. I don’t know. Usually preserved, unless there is a very good reason for destruction/removal

~ How many flags should hang on a flag pole in the U.S.A.?Um, I don’t know. I don’t remember ever seeing more than two.

~ What do you think about Judge Judy?I don’t.

~ Do you like 'pot pies'? How long since you have had one, what kind might be your favorite and do you want crust on the bottom as well as on the top? They are OK. Long time since I’ve had one.

**** Everybody Wang Chung tonight! ****[/quote]

Old 07-26-2019, 06:49 AM

5,195 posts, read 1,871,726 times

Yes I eat curry a lot.

Never seen it.

Not really.

Nope.

Depends

Dunno.

Idiot.

Never eaten these.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:20 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,848 times
~ Do you eat rice pretty often? Not often What kind of ricey stuff do you like to eat? Sushi rolls...
And I used to make a fried rice with lots of veggies that was good.

~ Have you ever eaten okra? Never had & now that you ask if it was slimy, I likely never will.

~ Do you ever cook a whole potato and do you have a preferred way of doing so? Sweet potatoes in the mic, though rarely.

~ Do you wash the potato before cooking it or do you like to just give a quick one-two rinse off...or do you just throw them in to cook? I do wash potatoes before cooking. My dad used to eat the skins. Do you like the thought of eating them dirty?
There is a dish at a local restaurant called "dirty potatoes," though the "dirt" isn't what you're asking about, roosty. https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/dirty-potatoes

~ Is Washington D.C. a state? Isn't. My older daughter was in DC yesterday, stopping for a few hours on her way to Columbia, MD, where her boyfriend is from.

~ Do you think that historic monuments should be destroyed or removed ever? Never destroyed

~ How many flags should hang on a flag pole in the U.S.A.? One

~ What do you think about Judge Judy? My mother liked watching her. Not someone I would watch.

~ Do you like 'pot pies'? How long since you have had one, what kind might be your favorite and do you want crust on the bottom as well as on the top? Haven't had in many years. I would like a homemade chicken potpie with crust on top and bottom. Now that I've read Laura's lima bean conspiracy, I am more leery though.

**** Everybody Wang Chung tonight! **** https://youtu.be/ObvtR3sV6zE

Thanks, roosty!

Old 07-26-2019, 07:20 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,278,686 times
~ Do you eat rice pretty often? What kind of ricey stuff do you like to eat?...........I don’t eat rice often. I love Chinese fried rice, Spanish rice and rice pudding.

~ Have you ever eaten okra? Was it slimy and didja like it?.........I’ve had fried okra. It was ok, nothing special.

~ Do you ever cook a whole potato and do you have a preferred way of doing so? .........I often “bake” potatoes in the microwave.

~ Do you wash the potato before cooking it or do you like to just give a quick one-two rinse off...or do you just throw them in to cook? Do you like the thought of eating them dirty?...........I scrub them with a brush. They have to be cleaned throughly before cooking.

~ Is Washington D.C. a state?...........It’s a state of corruption!

~ Do you think that historic monuments should be destroyed or removed ever?...........I don’t think they should be destroyed. I think the mistakes of our past should be a reminder that we can do better!!!

~ How many flags should hang on a flag pole in the U.S.A.?...........One, our America flag

~ What do you think about Judge Judy?.......I’m not impressed.

~ Do you like 'pot pies'? How long since you have had one, what kind might be your favorite and do you want crust on the bottom as well as on the top?........I love pot pie. It needs crusts top and bottom. I can’t recall when I’ve had one.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics