Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

I think so many people change your life on a day to day basis.

There are many here on c-d that have, and continue to do so.

Everyday our lives change, and the people in them are the ones who do that.

The day I left my husband and my brothers and sister came and helped me move, one of my brothers left a hundred dollar bill in the fridge that someone gave us.

I found it about an hour after they were gone.

It was not this that changed me just a tad that day. I stood there with tears in my eyes, because I had nothing. My husband kept the kids beds, we absolutely had nothing.

My son who was 13 then came up to me, and I don't know exactly what he said to me, but he hugged me. Mommy its gonna be ok. That is what family is for. Its gonna be ok. He referenced a movie.I can't remember which one right now.

Basically he was telling me that I would never be locked up again and I was free. He was speaking of the pain and anguish of my marriage as he knew it.

My little boy told me that day that I was free. And I was.

They say, "Out of the mouths of babes." It is true. My children are the world to me, and everyday they are saying things that change me for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 05:54 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
The person who influenced my life was my maternal grandmother. She was the ultimate lady-so very proper and kind-but get her behind the wheel of her summer car-a Woody-and she was a hoot.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Well a year ago this angel of a lady stepped into my life. It was after a lengthy period of singleness, and living in a rural area of southcentral Alaska I was kind of bumming out thinking I was destined to be a loner my remaining days. She has rekindled a flame I thought had burned itself out years ago. I am happier than I have ever been...ever.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Well a year ago this angel of a lady stepped into my life. It was after a lengthy period of singleness, and living in a rural area of southcentral Alaska I was kind of bumming out thinking I was destined to be a loner my remaining days. She has rekindled a flame I thought had burned itself out years ago. I am happier than I have ever been...ever.
Awwwww

Old 04-17-2008, 09:35 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,049 times
my husband definitely; he knew I was a diamond in the rough and waited for me until I was able to realize that.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:01 PM

280 posts, read 1,222,031 times
My nephew Michael...he is such a good hearted boy He reminded me of things I wound up forgetting about thru the years, he reminded me not to litter when he was 3yrs old, and to just be yourself, how precious life is, to be happy and alot more, he is a beautiful soul

Last edited by sue64; 04-17-2008 at 01:19 PM..

Old 04-18-2008, 11:21 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,528 times
I would have to say my husband. Since we got married, I love being more of a homebody (though I've had my time going out with friends once in a great while). But before I met him I used to go to parties a lot, when I was a teenager (I still did very well in school). I wanted to go to every dance the school had. But then I met my husband when I was 19, and out of school, and it pretty much settled me down. Now I'm more of a chilled person than I used to be, that's for sure. I had also gave up drinking a year ago too (he never drinks). So, he's my inspiration.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:58 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,965 times
During my 25+ year teaching career, I worked for one difficult principal in particular, and one afternoon, I sat across the desk from my favorite assistant principal, crying my eyes out, and telling him I couldn't take another day of it (the principal), he passed me some tissues, and said he'd get a sub for me for the next day.

And then, he asked, "this time tomorrow, will it matter?'

I blotted my eyes, blinked, and looked at him and said in all seriousness, "Well, of course it will! Because blah, blah, blah." And on I ranted.

Then he asked, "this time next week, will it matter?"

I think we had to go so far as the year 2050 before I understood what the very frustrated man was trying to get me to understand. I never had a chance to tell him that that very outlook stuck with me the rest of my life, and how much I use that approach to question just how important something is, or how much I intend to let something affect me, or color my outlook.

Thank you so much, Mr. _?_.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:43 PM

545 posts, read 2,043,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
While at a leadership development week, we were asked to close our eyes and ask ourselves this question...

Who changed my life in a positive way by their words or actions?

Oddly enough, the person that popped into my mind was my 7th grade English teacher. Every morning he would walk in and say "Good morning. This is the only April 15th, 2008 (date changes, obviously) you will ever have. Make it what you want it to be."

Isn't that great? I try to tell my kids that every day and I TRY to live that way. It is obviously not always easy.

Who did the same for you?
REPLY: Hands down...it was Jesus Christ. Only he could change my wayward, hopeless, decietful, rebellious, pridefilled heart and change me from the inside. I was on a collision course of personal destruction
until I heard and 'owned' what he did for me on the Cross. My life has never been the same since. I now love life, love others, have a real hope of eternity and knowing Im reconciled to God with complete forgiveness for my many many sins of hurting others and myself in the process. Glory goes to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics