U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:39 PM

13,780 posts, read 25,276,605 times

Advertisements

While at a leadership development week, we were asked to close our eyes and ask ourselves this question...

Who changed my life in a positive way by their words or actions?

Oddly enough, the person that popped into my mind was my 7th grade English teacher. Every morning he would walk in and say "Good morning. This is the only April 15th, 2008 (date changes, obviously) you will ever have. Make it what you want it to be."

Isn't that great? I try to tell my kids that every day and I TRY to live that way. It is obviously not always easy.

Who did the same for you?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 04:42 PM

106 posts, read 144,230 times
Alright, this is going to sound REALLY mushy but the person that changed my life in the most positive way would have to be my husband (please, don't tell him - I'ld never hear the end of it). I just know that without his love and support my life would have turned out much, much differently (and not in a good way).

Old 04-15-2008, 04:50 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,237,184 times
My children- especially my first born. Stopped the.......shall we say very naughty stuff...sobered up (in more ways than one)...went back to school, graduated college, got married, bought a house, became a teacher.....all due to him. Having him made me want to be the best person I could ever be. I don't even want to think about what my life would be life if I didn't have him- I'd probably be dead.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:07 PM

53,981 posts, read 32,351,756 times
The person who changed my life is not a common man, he is the only Son Of The Living God, Jesus of Nazareth.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:16 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,030,499 times
My Math teacher Mr. Berry, and my hubster.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:32 PM

9,480 posts, read 11,635,794 times
For sure my husband.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:25 PM

31,304 posts, read 31,122,404 times
Thumbs up A few more to add

I posted mine earlier but I now feel it’s time to add several others who have changed my life in a positive way. I would like to give their names but it’s not possible,,, however you all know them ~ several of the moderators here at C-D! The personal DM’s have been very enlightening and motivating. And according to the TOS I can’t say anything more about that.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 PM

22,675 posts, read 32,786,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
The person who changed my life is not a common man, he is the only Son Of The Living God, Jesus of Nazareth.
I also agree with this answer. As far as people who have come into my life, that would be my husband, he always encourages me, he tells me I can do anything, he values me and respects me, knowing him has made me want to become a better person and live life to the fullest and appreciate every moment.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:12 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,160,941 times
I agree with MM and ILNC Christ change everything about me. I guess the other one would have to be my Dad. The love,discipline and leadership he showed me through the years only made it easier for me to trust and understand the love,discipline and leadership of my Heavenly Father.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:17 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,028,057 times
There are a few people in my life that have inspired me to be the best that I can. My 5th grade teacher was one of the first. Wonderful woman! My father and mother always encouraged me every step of the way. When I met my husband is one of the best events in my life. Will not go into the long story. Since I do believe in a Supreme Being, I truly believe that we were meant to meet and marry. And then there are our 2 sons. The topping on my cake. W/o them, life would not be nearly as sweet and meaningful. All of those I have mentioned have inspired me in one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics