Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 11:42 PM

21,531 posts, read 8,716,437 times

Advertisements

I would like to complain about live audiences on TV shows. It seems that in every audience there are always these women who express their enthusiasm by emitting high-pitched shrieks that dogs in the next county can hear. Very annoying. My wish for them is that in their next lives they will be reincarnated as smoke detectors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 10:53 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
I was going to complain the other night when C-D was down and I couldn’t get connected. Then when I got up this morning – it was working! So I now have to complain about how hot it was again today.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:25 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,316,341 times
It's 62 degrees. If I wanted cool weather on Labor Day weekend, I would have moved to Maine. It's 62 in Portland, ME. I'm wearing a cardigan and I had to put on slippers because my toes were chilly.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:11 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
It's 8am and a sunny 84 degrees out, heading for 105+/- again. I have a couple of outside chores that need to be done and they're on the shady side of the house - gotta do them this morning.

Old 09-02-2019, 02:47 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Left lane huggers. GTFOOMW.

Landscapers - more often than not they just park right on the street, not even attempting to get over as far as they can.

School busses - simply PIA's.

Politics and religion. There should be a ban on ever speaking about these topics because the conversation generally doesn't go well.

Are these complaints or pet peeves?
First-world problems?

Old 09-02-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Employees that "pass the buck". Yesterday, I specifically spoke to the Manager, who was stocking at the registers, who gave the job of getting a stock number to a working cashier, who called for back-up as she was the only cashier working, when the woman walked up (not the one who was called over intercom), I told her, she REFERRED ME RIGHT BACK TO THE MANAGER WHO WAS RIGHT THERE STOCKING AT A CLOSED REGISTER.

I then said "OK, you are the fourth person I have talked to, I started with her" (the Manager, who I was referred back to). The Manager then stopped what she was doing and got on the phone and got the information that was needed.
I know someone who used to work for the phone company. She told me that before it was her end-of-shift time, she would use the option to pass an incoming call to another coworker. Especially on a weekend or holiday shift. She laughed about it. I thought that was so messed up. Talk about "pass the buck."

Old 09-02-2019, 04:26 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Yesterday, I was riding along at 55 mph on a major 2 lane road. Not many cars on the road. I was in the passing lane, and saw a white station wagon in front of me in the distance. I was quickly approaching it. There was a black station wagon on the inside lane next to the white one. Both were stopped dead in their tracks (side by side) and I slammed on my brakes. Luckily, there was a turning lane to my left that I quickly got in, so as not to ram the white station wagon. A woman got out of the white station wagon-left her car door open, and another woman got out of the black station wagon and she left her vehicle. They both started chasing a dog!!!! Good grief! What could they have been thinking! What stupid drivers! All of us could have been killed, and the dog just ran away.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Yesterday, I was riding along at 55 mph on a major 2 lane road. Not many cars on the road. I was in the passing lane, and saw a white station wagon in front of me in the distance. I was quickly approaching it. There was a black station wagon on the inside lane next to the white one. Both were stopped dead in their tracks (side by side) and I slammed on my brakes. Luckily, there was a turning lane to my left that I quickly got in, so as not to ram the white station wagon. A woman got out of the white station wagon-left her car door open, and another woman got out of the black station wagon and she left her vehicle. They both started chasing a dog!!!! Good grief! What could they have been thinking! What stupid drivers! All of us could have been killed, and the dog just ran away.
Well, bad thinking on the positioning of the cars, but otherwise I'm on the dog's side.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:08 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Well, bad thinking on the positioning of the cars, but otherwise I'm on the dog's side.
Actually, they weren't helping the dog. The dog was running across both lanes of traffic, away from those women, across the median strip, and on to another 2 lane highway loaded with speeding cars. I didn't hang around to get rammed by the speeding cars behind me, so I don't know if the dog made it, the 2 screaming women made it, or the cars coming behind me made it.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Actually, they weren't helping the dog. The dog was running across both lanes of traffic, away from those women, across the median strip, and on to another 2 lane highway loaded with speeding cars. I didn't hang around to get rammed by the speeding cars behind me, so I don't know if the dog made it, the 2 screaming women made it, or the cars coming behind me made it.
Still, my first instinct would be...

I get your point, but a dog running loose on the highway... it's hard for me to blame them.

I've lived my whole life being one of those "bleeding heart liberals" or "animal lovers" that everyone gets irritated over. I've learned to try and look at myself and be objective, but, again, in this case, it's a little doggy in danger. I don't understand why they stopped their cars in active highway lanes (I would have pulled off the highway), but maybe they weren't thinking right while panicking over the dog. Kind of hard to berate people's reactions in times of panic, especially over the welfare of a dog; dogs are the best.

Anyway, I don't have a beef here. Just saying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics