Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 09:04 PM

37,777 posts, read 40,938,143 times

Advertisements

Ahoy Mateys! How are you this fine November day?

QUESTIONS

When I think of France, I think of __________________________________.

What is your favorite book, song, movie, TV show about (or that takes place in) the American South? They can be from any genre.

Book:
Movie:
TV Show:
Song:

If I could see any place or any touristy thing in Canada, I’d like to see: ______________________________________.

A dead or alive actor that is from a country that is not my own and that I like is ____________________________.

If money was no object, the car that is made in a country that is not my own and that I wouldn’t mind having is a _______________________.

While I may not know what the words mean, a song I can sing in a language that is not my own is ____________________________.

If I go to a non-fast food Mexican restaurant, I’m likely to order: __________________________________________________

A country that is not my own but whose flag I would easily recognize is: _____________________.

What state or country that is not your own do you live closest to? ____________________

JUST CURIOUS

When you pull up to an ATM machine on the outside of some building wall to do your business, can you reach it without either unbuckling your seat belt or opening your car door a little?

PHOTO

This photo was taken by me on this date 11 years ago. It is the Rice Grist Mill at Norris Dam State Park in Norris, Tennessee.

Question: Right now, how do the color and amount of leaves still on the trees where you live compare to this? Do you have more or less at this particular time of the year?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 09:20 PM

21,498 posts, read 8,682,888 times
QUESTIONS

When I think of France, I think of the Eiffel Tower.
What is your favorite book, song, movie, TV show about (or that takes place in) the American South? They can be from any genre.

Book: Fried Green Tomatoes
Movie: Gone With the Wind
TV Show: Dallas
Song: Sweet Home Alabama

If I could see any place or any touristy thing in Canada, I’d like to see:

Banff

A dead or alive actor that is from a country that is not my own and that I like is:
Catherine Deneuve

If money was no object, the car that is made in a country that is not my own and that I wouldn’t mind having is a

BMW.

While I may not know what the words mean, a song I can sing in a language that is not my own is the aria "Che Gelida Manina" from La Boheme by Puccini.

If I go to a non-fast food Mexican restaurant, I’m likely to order:

Enchiladas

A country that is not my own but whose flag I would easily recognize is:

Canada

What state or country that is not your own do you live closest to?

Nevada

JUST CURIOUS

When you pull up to an ATM machine on the outside of some building wall to do your business, can you reach it without either unbuckling your seat belt or opening your car door a little?
I have never used a drive-up ATM, but since I am short I would probably have to open the car door.

Question: Right now, how do the color and amount of leaves still on the trees where you live compare to this? Do you have more or less at this particular time of the year?
The leaves don't change color here as most of our trees are evergreen.

Thanks, Laura. Nice photo!

Old 11-08-2019, 10:06 PM

11,073 posts, read 17,485,447 times
QUESTIONS

When I think of France, I think of Paris.

Book: To Kill A Mockingbird
Movie: Fried Green Tomatoes (we've eaten at the Whistle Stop Cafe!)
TV Show: Andy Griffith
Song: Way Down Upon the Swannee River

If I could see any place or any touristy thing in Canada, I’d like to see: The northwest.

A dead or alive actor that is from a country that is not my own and that I like is Art Linkletter.

If money was no object, the car that is made in a country that is not my own and that I wouldn’t mind having is a Mini Cooper.

While I may not know what the words mean, a song I can sing in a language that is not my own is Have to think about that one.

If I go to a non-fast food Mexican restaurant, I’m likely to order: Nothing. Not much on Mexican food

A country that is not my own but whose flag I would easily recognize is: Japan.

What state or country that is not your own do you live closest to? I'm about 25 miles from Illinois, 20 from Tennessee, and in about 40 miles I can cross the Mississippi River into Missouri

JUST CURIOUS

When you pull up to an ATM machine on the outside of some building wall to do your business, can you reach it without either unbuckling your seat belt or opening your car door a little? Depends on the ATM Some I can and some I can't

Old 11-08-2019, 10:44 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,868,763 times
Ahoy Mateys! How are you this fine November day? Well, I should be sleeping, but I'm still wide awake.

QUESTIONS

When I think of France, I think of a long ago neighbor who came from France, Provence, Paris.....

Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Movie: To Kill a Mockingbird
TV Show: Dexter
Song: Georgia on My Mind https://youtu.be/fRgWBN8yt_E

If I could see any place or any touristy thing in Canada, I’d like to see: PEI

A dead or alive actor that is from a country that is not my own and that I like is Judi Dench

If money was no object, the car that is made in a country that is not my own and that I wouldn’t mind having is a ..... Oh, hm. I don't really know cars. I'll say a Porsche.

While I may not know what the words mean, a song I can sing in a language that is not my own is Frere Jacques.

If I go to a non-fast food Mexican restaurant, I’m likely to order: A salad.... A taco salad.

A country that is not my own but whose flag I would easily recognize is: Canada

What state or country that is not your own do you live closest to? State: New Hampshire Country: Canada

JUST CURIOUS

When you pull up to an ATM machine on the outside of some building wall to do your business, can you reach it without either unbuckling your seat belt or opening your car door a little? You too? I unbuckle, put the window down AND open the door a little.

PHOTO

This photo was taken by me on this date 11 years ago. It is the Rice Grist Mill at Norris Dam State Park in Norris, Tennessee.

Question: Right now, how do the color and amount of leaves still on the trees where you live compare to this? Do you have more or less at this particular time of the year? Many trees are bare now. We had snow last night.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 11-08-2019, 11:32 PM

44,323 posts, read 20,004,481 times
Ahoy Mateys! How are you this fine November day? Mighty fine, thank you!

QUESTIONS

When I think of France, I think of vineyards and wine.

Book: Gone With The Wind
Movie: Gone With The Wind
TV Show: Can't think of one
Song: Can't think of one

If I could see any place or any touristy thing in Canada, I’d like to see: I'd like to visit Vancouver. I've been to many cities in Canada but have not been in British Columbia.

A dead or alive actor that is from a country that is not my own and that I like is Sean Connery.

If money was no object, the car that is made in a country that is not my own and that I wouldn’t mind having is a Mercedes.

While I may not know what the words mean, a song I can sing in a language that is not my own is Frère Jacques. I learned it as a kid and never had a clue what it meant.

If I go to a non-fast food Mexican restaurant, I’m likely to order: steak tacos.

A country that is not my own but whose flag I would easily recognize is: Canada; Mexico; Greece; Italy; Germany; Great Britain; Poland.

What state or country that is not your own do you live closest to? Illinois and Michigan. Both state lines are less than a one-hour drive from my home in NW Indiana.

JUST CURIOUS

When you pull up to an ATM machine on the outside of some building wall to do your business, can you reach it without either unbuckling your seat belt or opening your car door a little? Yes.

PHOTO

This photo was taken by me on this date 11 years ago. It is the Rice Grist Mill at Norris Dam State Park in Norris, Tennessee. It's a lovely photo.

Question: Right now, how do the color and amount of leaves still on the trees where you live compare to this? Do you have more or less at this particular time of the year? Ours are similar, with slightly fewer leaves on the trees than in the photo. Depending on the species, some of our trees are bare already but some still have most of their leaves.

Thanks for the interesting and fun questions, LauraC! I always enjoy your photos as well. Happy weekend, everyone.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-09-2019, 12:23 AM

30,403 posts, read 16,125,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Ahoy Mateys! How are you this fine November day? peachy keen

QUESTIONS

When I think of France, I think of _____Fontainebleau_____________________________. stayed there a couple months when I was younger. much younger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7c3UtqBh-s

Book: Redbird Christmas
Movie:
TV Show: Pitbulls and Parolees
Song: almost anything by Buckwheat Zydeco

If I could see any place or any touristy thing in Canada, I’d like to see: _______Prince Edward ______Island_________________________.

A dead or alive actor that is from a country that is not my own and that I like is _________________Sean Connery___________.

If money was no object, the car that is made in a country that is not my own and that I wouldn’t mind having is a ________Toyota Tundra_______________.

While I may not know what the words mean, a song I can sing in a language that is not my own is ____________________________.

If I go to a non-fast food Mexican restaurant, I’m likely to order: __________________bread and water. I can't eat Mexican food. Even the mild is too spicy for me.________________________________

A country that is not my own but whose flag I would easily recognize is: _______Canada______________.

I've recently gotten addicted to a find the flag game. There's some really pretty ones.

What state or country that is not your own do you live closest to? ___state would by NYS, Country, Canada._________________

JUST CURIOUS

The one I go to the most, yes.

PHOTO

beautiful photo.

right now they're mostly gone.

thanks, Laura. Gracias Merci Dankeschon

Old 11-09-2019, 01:08 AM

44,606 posts, read 61,471,796 times
QUESTIONS

When I think of France, I think of vino, Paris, Eiffel Tower....

Book: Gone with the wind
Movie: Gone with the wind
TV Show: The Golden Girls
Song: Georgia on my mind

If I could see any place or any touristy thing in Canada, I’d like to see: Lake Victoria

A dead or alive actor that is from a country that is not my own and that I like is Sean Connery

If money was no object, the car that is made in a country that is not my own and that I wouldn’t mind having is a Ferrari

While I may not know what the words mean, a song I can sing in a language that is not my own is . La cucaracha

If I go to a non-fast food Mexican restaurant, I’m likely to order: Chimichanga, burrito, tamale, frijoles, beer.

A country that is not my own but whose flag I would easily recognize is: Canada, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Germany, France, Switzerland...

What state or country that is not your own do you live closest to? California

JUST CURIOUS

When you pull up to an ATM machine on the outside of some building wall to do your business, can you reach it without either unbuckling your seat belt or opening your car door a little? I do not use ATM's.

PHOTO

This photo was taken by me on this date 11 years ago. It is the Rice Grist Mill at Norris Dam State Park in Norris, Tennessee. Nice photo

Question: Right now, how do the color and amount of leaves still on the trees where you live compare to this? Do you have more or less at this particular time of the year? All our trees are in full foliage, it's still in the 80's here.

Old 11-09-2019, 02:29 AM

14,722 posts, read 8,051,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Ahoy Mateys! How are you this fine November day?

QUESTIONS

When I think of France, I think of Paris, the Eiffel Tower and Normandy.

Book: Gone With the Wind
Movie: To Kill a Mockingbird,Gone with the Wind, Forrest Gump and Coal Miner's Daughter
TV Show:Golden Girls, Andy Griffith, Walking Dead, Designing Women and Justified

Song:
Song of the South

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHdXQAQHjd8

My Old Kentucky Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yQu0sFykbw
Shenandoah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1EG_4IBzbA

Lots....a beautiful, beautiful country..
Alberta, Vancouver, Western Brook Pond, Abraham Lake and more.
I like natural beauty/scenery over urban city scenes and Canada has that in spades!

A dead or alive actor that is from a country that is not my own and that I like is Cary Grant and Sean Connery.

If money was no object, the car that is made in a country that is not my own and that I wouldn’t mind having is a

BMW or Mercedes...heck Toyota's are even good!

While I may not know what the words mean, a song I can sing in a language that is not my own is

If I go to a non-fast food Mexican restaurant, I’m likely to order: Burrito

A country that is not my own but whose flag I would easily recognize is: .
Canada (but also France, Germany, Japan and a few others)

What state or country that is not your own do you live closest to? ____________________
In Kentucky the border states closest by are Indiana, Ohio,Illinois, West Virginia, Virginia and Tennessee

JUST CURIOUS

IDK, it has been decades since I last used a drive up ATM Machine. I can't remember the last time, I even used an ATM Machine, but my bank has a branch in the grocery store up the street from me, when I last used it, years ago, it was inside there.

PHOTO

Gorgeous photo. Tennessee is a beautiful state.
Because of the weather they say, our fall colors haven't been as good this year as usual.
Usually it's gorgeous. Kind of muted and brief color change this year.

Old 11-09-2019, 02:49 AM

11,347 posts, read 9,250,985 times
QUESTIONS

When I think of France, I think of French speaking people.

Book:
Movie:
TV Show:
Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4tR9RaEPCc

If I could see any place or any touristy thing in Canada, I’d Like to see Niagara Falls, this time with someone fun.

A dead or alive actor that is from a country that is not my own and that I like is Tommy Chong

If money was no object, the car that is made in a country that is not my own and that I wouldn’t mind having is a Toyota RAV4.

While I may not know what the words mean, a song I can sing in a language that is not my own is
Drawing a blank...

If I go to a non-fast food Mexican restaurant, I’m likely to order Spinach enchiladas.

A country that is not my own but whose flag I would easily recognize is: Canada

What state or country that is not your own do you live closest to? Pennsylvania

JUST CURIOUS

When you pull up to an ATM machine on the outside of some building wall to do your business, can you reach it without either unbuckling your seat belt or opening your car door a little? It depends...

Thanks, Laura!

Old 11-09-2019, 06:09 AM

2,283 posts, read 1,427,747 times
When I think of France, I think of sidewalk cafes in Paris. .

Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Movie: Steel Magnolias ("Drink your juice, Shelby")
TV Show: King of the Hill
Song: American Money by BORNS; Tennessee is mentioned. Maybe Kentucky Rain by Elvis.

Some of the bigger cities.

A dead or alive actor that is from a country that is not my own and that I like is

Don't know.

Don't know. I don't care about owning a flashy car if that's what you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvfZ95ueOcQ

If I go to a non-fast food Mexican restaurant, I’m likely to order:

Chicken tacos, fajitas, salad.

A country that is not my own but whose flag I would easily recognize is:

Many. I just need to see them.

What state or country that is not your own do you live closest to?

Louisiana.

JUST CURIOUS

Not always.

PHOTO

Mostly still green, but getting duller.

Last edited by KimFreebish; 11-09-2019 at 06:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics