Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 08:27 PM

4,221 posts, read 4,745,158 times

Advertisements

I just have to vent about this.

Am I the only one that is disturbed by how common this is? I was watching a vlog today and the woman is vlogging while driving...taking her eyes off the road for as long as 3 seconds or so to look at the camera as she's filming.

I was watching another video on YouTube the other week...same thing but a man. Then I noticed the area he was driving in is right around the corner from me. It absolutely scares me the number of people who are on the road doing this...I am driving/riding amongst them and I feel that it's just not right. There are tons of videos of people doing this and YouTube is extremely popular amongst the young generation (i.e., inexperienced drivers)...they are seeing this and likely thinking it's ok/normal to be doing things like filming YouTube videos or perhaps even Facetiming, etc. while they are driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2020, 08:36 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post

Am I the only one that is disturbed by how common this is? I was watching a vlog today and the woman is vlogging while driving...taking her eyes off the road for as long as 3 seconds or so to look at the camera as she's filming.

I was watching another video on YouTube the other week...same thing but a man. Then I noticed the area he was driving in is right around the corner from me. It absolutely scares me the number of people who are on the road doing this...I am driving/riding amongst them and I feel that it's just not right. There are tons of videos of people doing this and YouTube is extremely popular amongst the young generation (i.e., inexperienced drivers)...they are seeing this and likely thinking it's ok/normal to be doing things like filming YouTube videos or perhaps even Facetiming, etc. while they are driving.
Sure - it's scary but isn't new. Until the US implements AND enforces more strict laws, nothing will change.

Old 01-23-2020, 10:04 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
South, there are a lot of posts about this. It's been going on for quite some time.

Old 01-23-2020, 11:23 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
Quote:

i dont like it when people vlog and drive either,OP.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:19 AM

1,045 posts, read 759,397 times
The idiots that do this usually wind up having their final video featured on Liveleak.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:22 AM

15 posts, read 7,713 times
It's dangerous but people still doing this kind of habit alot.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:09 PM

6,378 posts, read 5,002,937 times
I think a few well-publicized tragic crashes will have to happen until we start developing the same social norms against it that we have with drinking and driving or texting and driving.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:45 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Sure - it's scary but isn't new. Until the US implements AND enforces more strict laws, nothing will change.
The OPs state (Georgia) has the law, it’s the enforcement and amount of fine that’s lacking which is a common problem.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/752752002/

Old 01-24-2020, 07:00 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:

That's nothing. I've seen people (even truck drivers) live streaming their drives, while taking their eyes off the road to read chats. I doubt that vlogging while driving is illegal. If the camera or device is mounted, I don't see any problem with it. It's no different then if the driver was talking to a passenger in the car. Who doesn't do that?

I don't vlog, but I do like to film the road when I drive. I mount the camera on the dashboard. I set it all up before I start up the car. The only time I have to take my eyes off the road is to push the record and pause buttons. But that is no more distracting then changing the station on the radio. I have actually found one area where using the camera helps my driving. I have severe light sensitivity issues, and am easily blinded by the sun. I've found that the camera handles it a lot better then I do. So when I'm driving into the sun, and having a hard time seeing, I can look over at the display on the camera and see the road just fine.

Old 01-24-2020, 07:08 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It's never going to happen, unless they start putting spy devices in everybody's cars. So cops can see everything the driver does while driving. The only way to enforce it, is to check the driver's devices if they have an accident. Which they do that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics