Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 04:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,141,356 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Sunday
I was having a conversation the other day and mentioned that it was National something or other and my friend said "well now thats something I never would of guessed"
So it got me to thinking(a dangerous thing) "I can't be the only one to do this ,soooo here it comes

Todays question:

Do you or have you ever shared any of the interesting tidbits of information you have read in the "? O' the day" with folks in "real life"

Bonus point Pop Quiz time !!!!!!

Thinking back to yesterdays "?"
Did you get the stuff done you had listed in the "what are you going to do today ?"

Today in history:
April 27, 1897 Grant's Tomb (famed of song and legend) dedicated
April 27, 1990 50th annual barbershop quartet singing convention held
so I guess that would mean
April 27, 1940 The first annual barbershop quartet sining convention was held

Word of the day :
spall (spal) verb tr., intr.
To break into small pieces; to splinter.
noun
A chip or splinter, especially of stone.

Today is:
National Prime Rib Day
and
National Tell a story Day
it is also
National Volunteer Week 4/27-5/3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 04:50 AM

All the time
It may be "hey did you know that today many years ago this happened

or
hey its National _____ food day !!!

I am not sure if I have ever made a point of using the word of the day
though that might be a fun ? o' the day challenge :P

for the bonus pop quiz

Yup !!! I got 144 cu ft of mulch off of the driveway and into the gardens
the yard mowed ww & edged
even did some bonus weeding
Though while weedwhacking the garden edge I kept hitting the stone border so I am surprised I didn't end up with any "spalls"

rofl I might have to ask the "what are you going to do today" ? again and list oh I don't know maybe Jewelry Shopping !!!!!! tee hee

Old 04-27-2008, 05:27 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,615,283 times
A - No.

B - Yes.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,867,592 times
Not much yesterday except for normal daily things. Did take pix of the 3 1/2 foot snowdrift at our backdoor and taught myself to download them and sent to family and friends.

National Prime Rib Day??? Now that's something I'd like to celebrate.

Happy Sunday all.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:50 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,390,075 times
Well, I share the its National wahtever day with the kids every day. The other day they preferred Pretzel Day over the other choices.

I did clean my house! Although I left this room sacred. I only moved a few things around and swept.

It does need so much more done to it. But the rest of the house was Presto Chango!!!

So, the kids will come home and presto chango it right back, and we will have to start all the dag on way over.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:51 AM

774 posts, read 1,419,848 times
Todays question:

Do you or have you ever shared any of the interesting tidbits of information you have read in the "? O' the day" with folks in "real life"

Sure, it's fun to make people think I'm really smart!!! LOL
Word of the day is also fun and I really try to find a way to put it in a sentence and then people will either act like they know what I'm talking about or they will look at me funny and say... "WHAT!"
I was so busy yesterday I didn't get to answer the question of the day.
But I DIDN'T even come close to getting done what I need to get done.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:42 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,052,221 times

Absolutely. I'm a trivia lover and sometimes the little gems you share with us are great for conversation. For example, the fact that today is National Prime Rib Day will not be ignored by this carnivour!

Thinking back to yesterdays "?" Did you get the stuff done you had listed in the "what are you going to do today ?"

Well, thinking back is a challenge itself for some of us ... so I looked back and saw what I had listed. I did do a good deal of what needed to be done and will probably finish it up tomorrow. In New York we're expected a lot of rain tomorrow. Rather than plan anything outside for tomorrow, I'll finish up the work I started yesterday.

I wonder if any of the local restaurants are planning to celebrate National Prime Rib day? Mmmmm....

Charley

Old 04-27-2008, 07:24 AM

ooo lacy we would love to see the picture of your snow bank

Old 04-27-2008, 07:26 AM

27,367 posts, read 27,418,399 times
Yeah, in a small way I have learned some. Who hates what chores, who likes what desserts, etc. Its fun to know.
Instead of prime rib, can I substitute that for salmon filet meal from Charlies b-b-q Pit? I like beef but rarely eat it, as Im more of a chicken/fish type of girl, lol.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:30 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,886,278 times
Quote:
Todays question:

Bonus point Pop Quiz time !!!!!!

Thinking back to yesterdays "?"
Did you get the stuff done you had listed in the "what are you going to do today ?"
Good morning Karla, and everyone else. On sharing interesting information, yes I have a couple of times.

And yes, I got everything I wanted to get done yesteday.. even though I spent a good part of the day stuck in my room!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics