Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 02:23 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times

Advertisements

*smiles*

~ What's so good about May?

~ Is there any chance that you will be strolling through the park this month?

~ How long has it been...and where were you...since you were at an outdoor cookout?

~ What foods were being cooked?

~ The last thing(s) that you had a dead battery in:

~ Do you have a battery operated clock?

~ Your opinion about Roman numerals:

~ Did you ever use a paint roller and what were you painting?

~ Pleasant things to do outdoors:

~ How much peanut butter do you put on your sandwich?

~ List 3 soups you like:

~ Do you find that other people often interrupt you when you are speaking?

** Happy merry, merry month of May everyone! **
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 04:38 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
~ What's so good about May? - No cold wind or hot, humid days.
(the end of May can get a little warm)

In past years - The Kentucky Derby.

~ Is there any chance that you will be strolling through the park this month? - I do this almost everyday.

~ How long has it been...and where were you...since you were at an outdoor cookout? - Summer of 2007.

~ What foods were being cooked? - Standard.

~ The last thing(s) that you had a dead battery in: - I guess my watch.

~ Do you have a battery operated clock? - Just my watch.

~ Did you ever use a paint roller and what were you painting? - Maybe in shop class when I went to school.

~ Pleasant things to do outdoors: - Hiking.

In past years - seeing live music.

~ How much peanut butter do you put on your sandwich? - Average.

~ List 3 soups you like: - Lentil, black bean, split pea.

~ Do you find that other people often interrupt you when you are speaking? - Not really.

** Happy merry, merry month of May everyone! ** - Thanks, Roosty!

Old 05-01-2020, 04:43 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,278,686 times
*smiles*

~ What's so good about May?...........Warm weather!

~ Is there any chance that you will be strolling through the park this month?..........Nope, my state is still on shelter in place.

~ How long has it been...and where were you...since you were at an outdoor cookout?.............Probably last summer.

~ What foods were being cooked?............Burgers, hot dogs, fried fish and potatoes. All kinds of other stuff too.

~ The last thing(s) that you had a dead battery in:..............Tractor

~ Do you have a battery operated clock?.......Yes

~ Your opinion about Roman numerals:.........I have a great big clock with them. They’re ok.

~ Did you ever use a paint roller and what were you painting?............Yes, when I helped my nephew paint the inside of his house.

~ Pleasant things to do outdoors:..........Almost anything, I love being outside.

~ How much peanut butter do you put on your sandwich? ...........None, I don’t eat peanut butter sandwiches.

~ List 3 soups you like:.........Broccoli, chicken and potato.

~ Do you find that other people often interrupt you when you are speaking?...........Not really.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:10 AM

307 posts, read 99,982 times

Warm weather with a lot of sunshine, but still not too hot.

Yes, definitely. There are many parks in my town and not far away from my home.

~ How long has it been...and where were you...since you were at an outdoor cookout?

I cannot even remember...

Barbecue (I guess...)

My computer mouse. I use rechargeable batteries, but they are old and they keep "dying" all the time!

Yes, two. Both use my old rechargeable batteries and "die" from time to time.

I haven't used them since I finished my high school and the only place where I see them nowadays (apart from clocks) is the end of the movie.

Yes, I painted one part of the wall that got ruined. I plan to use it again on some old wooden chairs this spring.

Walking, strolling, searching for interesting flowers and plants, picking up pine cones or chestnuts, just sitting in silence and breathing fresh air, swimming in summer...

I've never eaten peanut butter. It's not popular in my country.

~ List 3 soups you like:

Chicken soup, beef soup, miso soup.

All the time!

You, too!

Old 05-01-2020, 06:13 AM

30,525 posts, read 16,217,604 times

warm weather but few bugs. lots of flowers. furnace isn't running

hope so.

so long I don't remember when but I do remember we had spiedis.

my watch. can't even take it any place to get it replaced.

yup. over 35 yrs old.

annoying as all get out.

sure-when painting walls

garden, read, walk, listen

quite a bit actually. seldom have one tho.

~ List 3 soups you like:

tomato, chicken noodle, lentil

not often I guess.

Thanks, roosty.

have a great day, everyone

Old 05-01-2020, 06:22 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times
~ What's so good about May? Hopefully our weather will get warm and stop raining so much.

~ Is there any chance that you will be strolling through the park this month? Maybe.

~ How long has it been...and where were you...since you were at an outdoor cookout? October

~ What foods were being cooked? It was cold so we had hot foods like chili and soup.

~ The last thing(s) that you had a dead battery in: my TV remote

~ Do you have a battery operated clock? Yes

~ Your opinion about Roman numerals: not necessary

~ Did you ever use a paint roller and what were you painting? Yes, walls

~ Pleasant things to do outdoors: hike, walk, fishing, camping.

~ How much peanut butter do you put on your sandwich? Thin layer

~ List 3 soups you like: tomato, chicken noodle, creamy cheesey potato.

~ Do you find that other people often interrupt you when you are speaking? Yes

Old 05-01-2020, 06:47 AM

126,274 posts, read 19,045,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
*smiles*

I love the month of May
to hear children laughter once again outside and their play
Trees becoming greener,spring flowers blooming and the garden is calling me
birds chirping their love song while Mourning doves are cooing and sitting close by a tree
Love is definitely in the air
finally be able to sit outside with a cup of tea in a lawn chair
the sun smiling down upon us with a happy face
while Mother Nature sings her happy praise!

~ Is there any chance that you will be strolling through the park this month? Unfortunately not! All parks are closed and hefty fines if entering.

~ How long has it been...and where were you...since you were at an outdoor cookout? Last autumn

~ What foods were being cooked? It was a barbecue with salmon,chicken,corn and other vegetables and much more

~ The last thing(s) that you had a dead battery in: I had to change batteries in my digital food scale

~ Do you have a battery operated clock? Not anymore

~ Your opinion about Roman numerals: Like them

~ Did you ever use a paint roller and what were you painting? Yes I painted a wall and I am not good at it....

~ Pleasant things to do outdoors: Gardening,biking,hiking,walking or reading a book under the willow or Maple tree

~ How much peanut butter do you put on your sandwich? Not too thick,not too thin spread

~ List 3 soups you like: Onion soup,mushroom soup, and pancake soup
https://www.carolinescooking.com/german-pancake-soup/

~ Do you find that other people often interrupt you when you are speaking? It happens

THANK YOU roosty

Old 05-01-2020, 07:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
*smiles*

Right now I'd normally be on my annual trip photographing lots of bald eagles, blue herons, egrets, turkey vultures, snakes, foxes and songbirds. The farmers would be out planting their crops. At home, the ducks and Canadian geese, male and female, would be walking around with their babies that were just born. I've already seen the tree swallows out in force. The birds will still be where they're supposed to be. Not sure if the farmers will be out planting.

~ Is there any chance that you will be strolling through the park this month? As soon as I'm done with this, I'll be out checking on the ducks and geese and I may take a short ride to one of our state parks, two towns away.

~ How long has it been...and where were you...since you were at an outdoor cookout? Unfortunately, about 10 years ago in Ocean City, Maryland.

~ What foods were being cooked? I don't even remember but it was probably hot dogs and burgers. I miss that.

~ The last thing(s) that you had a dead battery in: My camera but I was home reviewing photos and the batteries are rechargeable so I just popped in one that was already charged.

~ Do you have a battery operated clock? I imagine the one in my computer is running on something other than electricity. Is that right? Even when the power goes off for a long time, after the power comes back on, the clock still shows the right time. Maybe I'll look it up.

~ Your opinion about Roman numerals: Long division must have been cumbersome back then.

~ Did you ever use a paint roller and what were you painting? The walls of my apartment when I lived on Long Island.

~ Pleasant things to do outdoors: photography, birdwatching, snowball fighting, bike riding, driving and when I was a kid, I used to read outdoors.

~ How much peanut butter do you put on your sandwich? I don't know. I just slobber it on like everyone else.

~ List 3 soups you like: french onion, won ton, chicken rice

~ Do you find that other people often interrupt you when you are speaking? Uh oh, I'm more likely to be the rude one telling someone to "Get to the point and quit circling the wagons." I used to know this genius (not being sarcastic, she was really brilliant) of a woman at work who thought out loud, literally. She coordinated and made major decisions on big programs some which may have impacted a few of you. But, people used to leave her meetings and everyone had a different idea of what she wanted done because every thought/possibility she was mulling over, she said out loud. I used to tell people, don't take any notes and don't do anything right away. Wait a few days until the official instruction comes out, edited. I knew another person like that (took forever to tell a story and there was no natural order to what he was saying) but luckily, he did not have a job where he coordinated or gave instruction. He was pretty smart, too, but it took him forever to get to the point even on foo foo stuff.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:39 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
~ What's so good about May? Finally warm enough to plant tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.

~ Is there any chance that you will be strolling through the park this month? Probably not, rain expected most of the month.

~ How long has it been...and where were you...since you were at an outdoor cookout? Last weekend

~ What foods were being cooked? Spare ribs, low and slow. But we ate inside, as it got too cold out.

~ The last thing(s) that you had a dead battery in: Remote wireless thermometer in my greenhouse.

~ Do you have a battery operated clock? Yes, several.

~ Your opinion about Roman numerals: Not a big fan.

~ Did you ever use a paint roller and what were you painting? Very often, last time was the front entry.

~ Pleasant things to do outdoors: Hiking, fishing, camping.

~ How much peanut butter do you put on your sandwich? About 1/8" thick

~ List 3 soups you like: Clam Chowder, Baked Potato, Italian Wedding

~ Do you find that other people often interrupt you when you are speaking? No

Old 05-01-2020, 07:54 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
*smiles*

~ What's so good about May? Nice weather.

~ Is there any chance that you will be strolling through the park this month? Possibly

~ How long has it been...and where were you...since you were at an outdoor cookout? Not since I was a child.

~ What foods were being cooked? I don't remember.

~ The last thing(s) that you had a dead battery in: My pocket watch

~ Do you have a battery operated clock? Yes

~ Your opinion about Roman numerals: I can take them or leave them. My battery operated clock uses Roman numerals.

~ Did you ever use a paint roller and what were you painting? Yes. I was painting the living room wall of the house I lived in as a boy.

~ Pleasant things to do outdoors: Walk, cloud watch, bird watch, enjoy the sun.

~ How much peanut butter do you put on your sandwich? I always eat peanut butter right out of the jar.

~ List 3 soups you like: Tomato, chicken noodle, bean soup.

~ Do you find that other people often interrupt you when you are speaking? Not really, although when and where I used to work there was one guy who constantly interrupted me.

Thanks, Roosty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics